Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Church
Donate! Join Today

Church A place for the people who want to talk about the area of Church.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2004, 17:05   #31
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: New Estate

Here's my signature already, all you have to do is cut & paste.

X
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-08-2004, 19:41   #32
IMY

Evening all........... so i guess no one liked any of the plans that were on the web site then or even the names of these future homes to be built on our accrington site
IMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2004, 06:01   #33

You can count on my support (and signature) "Mr T"
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2004, 07:19   #34
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Just had a quick look at the website. Why does it say Spinners Court Accrington, when the entrance is in Church? I'm not a big fan of housing estates. The houses are always built very quickly, are overpriced and have no more room inside them than your average terrace. I know too many people who have had problems with their new houses, both on Foxwood Chase when it was first built and Oakdale in Blackburn. My mate on Oakdale had loads of problems, leaking roof, dodgy electrics and the kitchen ceiling started to grow mould after 6 weeks. The housing company took ages to sort out the problems which is pretty appalling considering the house cost her well over 100 grand.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2004, 07:30   #35
God Member

Terraced housing was erected because it was the quickest and cheapest way to accomodate the greatest number of people in the smallest amount of space. A hundred and fifty years on, and despite the advances in almost every other part of our lives we are still being offered what is in effect the same product. And what is worse we are expected to pay through the nose for it too. It would be interesting to discover what the profit margin on these terraced slices is. I should be surprised if it is less than 50%.
Old 19-08-2004, 17:48   #36
God Member

HRH The Prince of Wales
Clarence House
The Mall
London SW1

Your Royal Highness

RE: A Monstrous Carbuncle in the Ancient Township of Church

We are writing to bring your attention to probably the most obscene architectural development in the annals of British Building History, which is now happening before our very eyes, here in your beloved mother’s Duchy of Lancaster. In fact, we are sure that once you’re read this you’ll be on the phone to her to ensure that this thing, stops, pronto, otherwise messrs T.Blair & J.Prescott get a kick up the a**e.

Years ago, we had this Old Lodge in Church (There was a rumour that either your Grandma or yourself had once done a bit of midnight coarse fishing in it, so you might let us know if that’s true or not). Anyway, about 10 years ago, some idiot pulled the plug out and it’s been dry ever since. Or at least it was, until about a year ago when a large hole appeared in the wall and convoys of construction vehicles started driving in and out.

Next thing we know this buildings sprouted up…an ugly thing, totally characterless..and then another one…and before you knew it they were spreading faster than the AIDS virus. Now we’ve got an entire estate, resembling that rip-off tourist attraction down from your mum’s place in Windsor…except this is worse…this is full scale.

Anyway, do you think you could possibly pop up to Church & make one of your famous speeches.? There’s not a moment to lose…so next Saturday would be nice. Bring the boys with you, to (They like footy, so they could get in the Stanley game in the afternoon and then meet up with some of our famous local totty in the evening)

You’ll get full Press coverage..the Telegraph, Observer…maybe even our famous local photographer, Mr Kipax.

We’ll see you there,

Yours in the Good Fight,

Accy Web (Church Contingent)

THERE WE GO EVERYBODY....LETS HAVE SOME IDEAS ON THIS...FEEL FREE TO CUT AND PASTE

Last edited by Tealeaf; 19-08-2004 at 17:49.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2004, 17:57   #37
God Member

i dare you to post it!

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2004, 10:39   #38

That's telling him Mr. T..........I'm not sure the boys would get a game with the Stanley...however, after Saturdays score they might use them both as keepers?

I'll look forward to the published edition and the response in the Daily Telegraph!! or Court Notices!!
Old 26-08-2004, 18:57   #39
Resting in Peace

here are a few pics for you
Also while i was taking them a lady came up to me and was telling me that the big wall that was all the way around the estate woulld be pulled down to make way for a cycle track .???
anyone heard about this one !!
as the people on the other side in Allytroyeds are all up in armes and are going to get the Observer involved if they can
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f.jpg (76.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg new estate.jpg (62.4 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg new estate 1.jpg (62.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg new 2.jpg (62.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (62.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (74.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (71.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (60.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (68.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (62.3 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by Mick; 26-08-2004 at 19:01.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2004, 18:58   #40
Resting in Peace

and one or two more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (31.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (60.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 13.jpg (75.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 14.jpg (67.4 KB, 45 views)
Old 27-08-2004, 05:28   #41

Thanks Mick...good photos and good work. At least I can get sopme perspective of the place.

Next they'll be building show houses on "old Bobs", dangerous though as the undersoil is all heavy clay!
Old 27-08-2004, 05:39   #42
God Member

You are probably right there Darby, the Borough Plan identifies the feilds behind Elmfield Hall as surplus to requirement, for the number of people in the borough. Which is why the new nursery school was given permission to build there. Milnshaw Park will be the next to go because it will cost too much to bring it up to standard after 30 years of neglect.

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 27-08-2004 at 05:41.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2004, 05:56   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
You are probably right there Darby, the Borough Plan identifies the feilds behind Elmfield Hall as surplus to requirement, for the number of people in the borough. Which is why the new nursery school was given permission to build there. Milnshaw Park will be the next to go because it will cost too much to bring it up to standard after 30 years of neglect.
My god...is nothing sacred!!! :engsmil:

Talk about modern art and progress, and saving areas of heritage. They'll be building slums next!!!

These planners are only interested in their own jobs and selling everything for profit!!

I'm just glad that my house is in the mountains and miles from any town (nearest is 15 miles), and apart from a couple of neighbours and 2 pubs (I'm not daft ye know), there's nothing but meadows, wild deer, forest, and rivers. And its in a National Park..so no building!! But you poor bu**ers have to live with a nightmare for a council.....you have my sympathy
Old 27-08-2004, 10:04   #44
Resting in Peace

K S H
You should know better than to dare Tealeaf to send it becouse if he wont then i WILL send it !!!! hehe

Last edited by Mick; 27-08-2004 at 10:10.
Old 27-08-2004, 10:42   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
K S H
You should know better than to dare Tealeaf to send it becouse if he wont then i WILL send it !!!! hehe
Sorry Mick, but isn't there something about propreity rights or copyright or something similar. Anyway I dare you!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..