Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Church
Donate! Join Today

Church A place for the people who want to talk about the area of Church.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2004, 16:43   #1
God Member

New Estate

I seem to recall that about October or November of last year, Owd Bert (sorely missed) opened a book on when the first occupants of the estate would be moving in....I think I said September & I think Lettie bet on October....I can't trace the thread. Does anyone else remember it, and if so, are you honest enough to state what you bet (unlikely)

Also, what address is this going to have? I would assume Church because that is where the main entrance appears to be, but only a third of the old resevoir was in Church (a third was in Accy and a third in Ossy).
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2004, 16:45   #2
God Member

Re: New Estate

Quote:
Owd Bert (sorely missed)
What happened to him?
Old 11-08-2004, 06:43   #3
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Tealeaf, Owd Bert's original thread is in Accy Photos page 4 entitled Old Lodge Site.
You said 1st October and I said December.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 10:29   #4

Your right about the boundary Tea....There's a photo in one of the Accy, Ossy, Church books with the boundary line drawn onto the photo, and it goes through the lodge!

I wonder if they'll move it??
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 12:00   #5
God Member

It's possibly worse than that, Darby............some weeks ago the Observer reported that HBC were looking at redrawing the boundaries of the Church/Accy border for the purposes of council elections, so that everything on the Eastern part of Henry street moves into Accy. This is what we pay these clowns to do. Anyway, it was a proposal then so we'll just have to see what further becomes of it.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:52   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
It's possibly worse than that, Darby............some weeks ago the Observer reported that HBC were looking at redrawing the boundaries of the Church/Accy border for the purposes of council elections, so that everything on the Eastern part of Henry street moves into Accy. This is what we pay these clowns to do. Anyway, it was a proposal then so we'll just have to see what further becomes of it.
Politicians (albeit local amateurs) know no boundries! and will disect Church given half a chance. The Gods first make crazy those who they would destroy - Local councillors come to mind! :engsmil: :engsmil:
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 17:52   #7
Resting in peace

What if you don't want to live in Accy? - do you have to move house?
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2004, 23:08   #8
IMY

Hi, which new estate are you referring to here?? is it the one which is being built next to the church traffic lights? as far as i know it is going to be part of accrington and NOT church !!!
IMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2004, 16:13   #9
Filthy / Gorgeous

Yes, that's the one, the entrance on the Blackburn Rd side is in Church.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
Old 16-08-2004, 16:26   #10
God Member

Theres also an entrance were Rist wires used to be, this is in Accy, which is the main entrance?

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2004, 16:32   #11
Filthy / Gorgeous

I don't know which one will be the main entrance, or if some of the houses will be in church and some in accy. Who knows what HBC will decide.

Old 16-08-2004, 16:42   #12
God Member

They'll probably stick 'em in Ossy, just to be awkward. The problem is the land area is roughly split equally between Church/Accy/Ossy. I suspect the main entrance will be from Blackburn Road (hence the roundabout). Obviously, if HBC succeed in redrawing the boundary map and shifting everything east of Henry Street, then the estate automatically goes into Accy...a flagship estate for their "Project Erection" or whatever it's called.
Old 16-08-2004, 21:32   #13
IMY

i did not know that their was going to be two entrances. i thought their was going to be just the one, because the housing development on rist wires old site is a different development to the one which is building the houses just off blackburn road if you did not know or i might be wrong but i dont think i am..... and i think it will be called accrington not church or ossy
IMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2004, 06:21   #14
God Member

IMY, if they are seperate they are both called spinners way or is it walk! too early in the morning!

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2004, 07:04   #15
Filthy / Gorgeous

They are not separate estates but the same estate with 2 entrances.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..