Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Church
Donate! Join Today

Church A place for the people who want to talk about the area of Church.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2010, 21:14   #1
Junior Member+

Oh dear what can I say about Church

I bought my house in Church and loved it and still do and if I could I would still be living there

I moved to Church from Higher Antley Street in 2001 well I moved to Norfolk Grove * cringes as people roll eyes* I know I was asking for it.
I got and ex-three bed council house and it ws lovely just a shame about the neighbours

I live there a total of about 5 years and in those years I have never seen so much stuff go on, ok so I am not going to name names as that may be abit unfair, one time we were woken to set fire engines out side were a house had been set on fire lucky the poor woman was not home at the time her ex had broke in and set fire to her bed this woman was going though breast cancer as well at the time, the house was gutted.
another time a lad had started a race riot and over a 20 youths came up to our street and started fight, even the police were scared as the were bricks and metal bars been swung about.
I had the police station on speed dail and was sure the all rolled there eyes when I phoned up.

I contacted Hyndburn Homes many times and it all fell on deaf ears and they wouldn't help as we weren't tennants.

I had enough when my neighbour was dealing drugs to the local school children we reported it to his landlord and the police and nothing was done, so as a last resort we went to the local newspaper with a dvd showing what he was doing, and only then did the police decide to raid the house and found aload of drugs,money and stolen goods, he got evicted and sent down for about 2 years but got out early, due to this we had to move as we were getting abuse everyday off neighbours and one neighbour was walking around our house with a shotgun and pointing it at our house the police gave us a panic button but it didn't work half the time as we never used it but it would signal them and they came rushing over at all hours of the day, so in the end we moved

Follow me on twitter - nugget123
Find me on facebook username - nugget123

Massive Wrestling Fan (WWE and TNA)

I love Accrington

Alot of people say I am evil, but only if you get on my bad side
nugget123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-05-2010, 21:35   #2

Smile Re: Oh dear what can I say about Church

what number did u live in ..? i moved to norfolk grove a year ago and ive spent that whole time trying to move again ... omg its horrid we had had nothing but trouble with the neighbours ... which number was the fire in .... ??
autumn skye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2010, 22:42   #3
God Member

Re: Oh dear what can I say about Church

thats nearly the rest of accy thats why i moved away didnt want my daughter growing up in that ****.and i lived in of the so called suburbs. when i moved in the neighbours were brilliant and then the rent a scum moved all the scum in glad to get out..
Old 16-05-2010, 06:23   #4
God Member

i lived on Norfolk Grove 20 years ago and it was nice back then, i lived right up the top though, near the allotments, we had really nice neighbours and everyone was nice to everyone else
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 22:17   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i lived on Norfolk Grove 20 years ago and it was nice back then, i lived right up the top though, near the allotments, we had really nice neighbours and everyone was nice to everyone else
it was even nicer when ya moved.
Old 16-05-2010, 22:43   #6
God Member

ya cheeky blighter lol

lived up Regent Road in the early 80s and Lincoln court too, my gran lived next door to your mum-in-law Cashy (i've mentioned that before)
Old 04-08-2010, 18:39   #7

Might as well build a police station in church with how much time they spend round here .Im waiting for them to call round now regarding my car getting scratched on a nightly basis and at a guess by wastes of space who will never work .On a better note i have recently bought a german shepherd which will be waiting the next time someone tries breaking in .
Old 04-08-2010, 21:15   #8
God Member

I notice your residence is in Ossy. What are you doing parking your car in Church? Personally, I'm sick and tired of people from Ossy using Church as a place to park their old bangers. Get this scrapheap and your silly German faggot dog out of Church otherwise I may well come round and stick a half Nori through your windscreen.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:58   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrabbit View Post
Might as well build a police station in church with how much time they spend round here .Im waiting for them to call round now regarding my car getting scratched on a nightly basis and at a guess by wastes of space who will never work .On a better note i have recently bought a german shepherd which will be waiting the next time someone tries breaking in .
Ah I see Tealeaf is home from Wapping again
Old 05-08-2010, 12:09   #10

............and to think I was going to visit Accrington and surrounds to see where my ancestors came from...................!!!!

Sue
Sue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:14   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue1 View Post
............and to think I was going to visit Accrington and surrounds to see where my ancestors came from...................!!!!

Sue
I think anyone from Cambridgeshire should visit, if only to see how the other half live

Seriously - the moors are nice - no people

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 18:32   #12

I used to live in ossy and and forgot to change my location to the dump
Old 05-08-2010, 19:20   #13
God Member

my fella lives in Church, just off Henry Street, its not bad where he lives, very quiet, i think its down the bottom end near St James' Church thats bad now
Old 06-08-2010, 18:48   #14
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Church......no comment!
Old 08-08-2010, 07:48   #15
Senior Member+

is that why church is so known for its horribleness and hostility because you live there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I notice your residence is in Ossy. What are you doing parking your car in Church? Personally, I'm sick and tired of people from Ossy using Church as a place to park their old bangers. Get this scrapheap and your silly German faggot dog out of Church otherwise I may well come round and stick a half Nori through your windscreen.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..