Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Church
Donate! Join Today

Church A place for the people who want to talk about the area of Church.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2004, 14:57   #16
God Member

Re: Primrose Mill, Church

I think the tall girl on the back, left hand side is Joan Collins. I did'nt realise she was that old.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-10-2004, 15:00   #17
God Member

Ooops, my mistake....................

Last edited by Tealeaf; 26-10-2004 at 15:12.
Old 26-10-2004, 15:36   #18

Can't be Joan, she hasn't got her boobs out!

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 15:48   #19
God Member

Well, the one with her head below and to the left of Joan is definatly a lesbian. Can you see the way she has her arm round the older dear to her right; she's ignoring the camera and stirring directly at her mate.
Old 27-10-2004, 05:14   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Well, the one with her head below and to the left of Joan is definatly a lesbian. Can you see the way she has her arm round the older dear to her right; she's ignoring the camera and stirring directly at her mate.
In them days they didn't have Lesbians...they simply couldn't afford them!!!!!!!!!!!!
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 20:15   #21

Primrose Mill belonged to WF Chambers who also owned a mill on the factory bottom (Victoria Street) in Accrington (Ellesmere Mill?) and another mill in Rishton (backing on to the canal?) in the late 1950s. Around then/1960 the cotton slump led to the firm closing its mills at Accrington and Rishton but continuing cotton weaving at Primrose Mill under the name Edgar Davies (Surgicals). Don't know what happened afterwards as I left the area.
davidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 20:33   #22
God Member

For anyone interested in the technical workings of a cotton mill ,I think there is a working scale model of the Primrose mill steam engine on display at that tourist place in Ossy , it was built by Thurston Smith from Clayton le Moors , he worked at Nori brickworks and his hobby was building fully working models of industrial machinery in his workshop , believe there is another of his models (a beam engine) on display somewhere else , Accy web user 'Mez' I think knows the location
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 09:37   #23
mez
God Member

they are on display in ossy mills jack i have a look everytime i go in there, its very interesting.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..