Accrington Web

Accrington Web (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Heritage and History (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/)
-   -   Update on Accrington Conservative Club (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/update-on-accrington-conservative-club-63278.html)

DaveinGermany 14-01-2013 18:16

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1037017)
Excuse Me? I know this is a child friendly site...


...but not that friendly!
:eek:

Ouch ! Knuckles :rolleyes:

jaysay 14-01-2013 18:51

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037015)
Why do u people never come when I am there!?

Maybe we do, but its only for a laugh, but then again nobody ever met Bee either:rolleyes:

Restless 14-01-2013 20:28

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037013)
There must of been a big mirror in the way then!! :D

Oh that would explain why you love it so much? a touch of narcissism ? :p

Accrington Lad 15-01-2013 09:19

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1036857)
However. I think that kind of dedication may be welcome at the railway ? :D

Walked passed the Railway yesterday and peered my head in. Saw a few people sitting around the bar, dunno if it was any of you, didnt want to stare.
And why do you need fundraising help at the Railway!? With all those TV's the owners must be minted! Sell one (or 17) if you need the money!

Wynonie Harris 15-01-2013 13:19

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club
 
Quote from ASFC62 on "Wimbledon - Rallying Call to Reds Fans" thread on Stanley section:

Will organise for the lads and anyway who wishes to help out to go down to the ground on Saturday morning before the Wimbledon game.

10am at the Crown Ground.
Job - getting the terrace looking like the old days

PRIORITY - getting the Clayton End behaving like the old days.


THIS is what YOU should be getting yourself involved in, Ewood, instead of moping morbidly around a derelict, dangerous and doomed building!

Accrington Lad 17-01-2013 13:50

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1037097)
THIS is what YOU should be getting yourself involved in, Ewood, instead of moping morbidly around a derelict, dangerous and doomed building!

NO! I am a photographer, I am not trying to kill myself! I go to these buildings to get good photographs, and this building has been my favourite yet.

Less 17-01-2013 13:58

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037392)
NO! I am a photographer, I am not trying to kill myself! I go to these buildings to get good photographs, and this building has been my favourite yet.

So put some pics on here let us cast a critical eye over them.

Gordon Booth 17-01-2013 14:00

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037392)
NO! I am a photographer, I am not trying to kill myself! I go to these buildings to get good photographs, and this building has been my favourite yet.

So you're a photographer and you keep telling us you will show us photos but never do(except one from the outside).
Be honest, have you ever been inside and have you any photos of it to show us?

Gordon Booth 17-01-2013 14:01

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1037394)
So put some pics on here let us cast a critical eye over them.

Beat me to it, Less.

Accrington Lad 17-01-2013 14:37

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club
 
Of course I have been in! But not with my new camera.
I am going in this weekend with some professional urban explorers/photographers and also a lady who used to work there. I will upload the photos after I have visited this weekend.
(P.S its not kids who I am going with, they are all over 40.
I posted a forum on Derelict Places and got a few replies asking how to get in legally and then we arranged a visit.)
You are more than welcome to come along to have a nosey and take some pictures - As long as you do not damage or steal from the building then it is legal*
*You cannot be arrested for trespass in ENGLAND (unless you cause damage, steal or break an entry). Please see the following links about the law on trespass in ENGLAND:
Trespass Law
Derelict Places - Trespass & The Law
Naturenet: English Common Law

Less 17-01-2013 14:55

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037400)
(P.S its not kids who I am going with, they are all over 40.

Over 40 and acting like kids.

Does mummy know that you not only talk to strangers but go into odd buildings with them?

Accrington Lad 17-01-2013 15:14

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1037401)
Over 40 and acting like kids.

Does mummy know that you not only talk to strangers but go into odd buildings with them?

Alright then, cuz its really childish to take photographs... yeaaahhhhh.
Its called having an interest in your local history and keeping them with you forever!
Now go live your life how you want - go get wasted!

Accrington Lad 17-01-2013 15:17

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club
 
Oh and P.S.
Strangers? Not all adults are are strange like you!
They dont all get a buzz about trying to belittle a minor for doing something that they enjoy.
:)

Less 17-01-2013 15:36

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037404)
Alright then, cuz its really childish to take photographs... yeaaahhhhh.
Its called having an interest in your local history and keeping them with you forever!
Now go live your life how you want - go get wasted!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037405)
Oh and P.S.
Strangers? Not all adults are are strange like you!
They dont all get a buzz about trying to belittle a minor for doing something that they enjoy.
:)

Now, Now, no need for you to spit your dummy out of the pram, I don't think photography is childish, nor is having a sensible interest in local history.

I do have grave suspicions that what you do is childish.

I'll have you know I don't think you need any help in belittling yourself, what you need is encouragement to do something a little safer such as suggested by Wyonie.
However we all know you won't.
:)

jaysay 17-01-2013 17:46

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037400)
Of course I have been in! But not with my new camera.
I am going in this weekend with some professional urban explorers/photographers and also a lady who used to work there. I will upload the photos after I have visited this weekend.
(P.S its not kids who I am going with, they are all over 40.
I posted a forum on Derelict Places and got a few replies asking how to get in legally and then we arranged a visit.)
You are more than welcome to come along to have a nosey and take some pictures - As long as you do not damage or steal from the building then it is legal*
*You cannot be arrested for trespass in ENGLAND (unless you cause damage, steal or break an entry). Please see the following links about the law on trespass in ENGLAND:
Trespass Law
Derelict Places - Trespass & The Law
Naturenet: English Common Law

Whos the lady who used to work there Ewood?


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:30.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com

Page generated in 0.14038 seconds with 8 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1