Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Heritage and History (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/)
-   -   Update on Accrington Conservative Club (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/update-on-accrington-conservative-club-63278.html)

Accrington Lad 18-01-2013 09:57

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

[QUOTE=Mog;1037468]Have you all the correct safety equipment for you and your guest including High Visability clothing and hard hats. ?

There are already some hard hats in the building.

Less 18-01-2013 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1037499)
I like to think of Less, Mick and co getting listed status!

I have enough problems getting wasted, (usually too much week left between paydays), why would I want a list as well?
:confused:

odders 18-01-2013 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037522)
there are already some hard hats in the building.

No way, not the one's that have been there for the last 6 years or so...:(

Mog 18-01-2013 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037502)
This isnt a school trip!
I have not had permission from the owner to take them in but they want to visit and they are allowed to as long as they do not cause damage, steal and they leave asap if asked to do so.
They have been in many derelict buildings in their time including places with high security like whittingham hospital, they are doing what they enjoy - photography - and they know the risks of entering derelict places but they are experienced and they are not exactly going to stand in the middle of the ballroom raving and bouncing up and down on the staircase.
We will be taking an emergency first aid kit in the unlikely event that one of us gets injured even though it probably wont because we are just going around taking photos. Everyone will be taking torches and protective gloves will be supplied incase of glass or germs. I have got a lot of face masks and I will take those and offer them.
We will be walking around single file and being extremely cautious.
I will make them aware of the most 'unsafe' parts of the building (which are the rooms directly under the 2 'square domes at either side on top of the building, (as that is where the lead was removed and where the leaking occurs - the rest of the building is mostly dry and sturdy and safe.)

If we are asked to leave by the owner, police or other figure of authority, then we will do so by the quickest, and safest practical route.
It is extremely unlikely that we will have and charges pressexd against us in civil court as the owner would have to prove that we have broken an entry, vandalised or stolen things. The owner would have more sense than to do this anyway as it is a derelict building and he probably would not have the time to take us to court and he would know himself that it would be very unlikely that the court would do anything with us and then HE would have to pay the court fees.
We are photographers and could prove that. We will not be carrying anything that could be considered as something to vandalise or break an entry.
We are photographers - NOT arsonists!
IT IS A DERELICT BUILDING! - NOT 10 DOWNING STREET!

But thanks for your concerns and I appreciate them.
Take care and I will upload the photos soon after the visit.

Unfortunately young Sam, and this does show how really intelligent you are, you have not understood anything that I have said or written. You must have the IQ of a cornflake to keep putting all this Bull**** and Lies on this website. In fact I dont think you are real. Do what you want. We have tried to assist you with your thinkin and it appears to be falling on deaf ears. If you want to die, I hope you do not take anybody with you. Also make sure there are enough plasters in your first aid kit. Cause you will really need them if you fall all the way through the building from top to bottom. Yes they will come in handy young man.

jaysay 18-01-2013 10:31

[QUOTE=Ewoodsambo3;1037522]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mog (Post 1037468)
Have you all the correct safety equipment for you and your guest including High Visibility clothing and hard hats. ?

There are already some hard hats in the building.

But if you don't have permission to be in there you'll be breaking the law touching them, by your own words:rolleyes:

odders 18-01-2013 10:31

Keep the facade, bulldoze the rest.

End the troll thread:do-one:

Accrington Lad 18-01-2013 10:37

[QUOTE=jaysay;1037537]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037522)
But if you don't have permission to be in there you'll be breaking the law touching them, by your own words:rolleyes:

Pedantic again?

I wont be removing them from the building!
I didnt say you cant touch anything!
If that were the case you would have to hover around so you dont touch the floorboards!
;)

flashy 18-01-2013 11:14

Look guys this 'person' is clearly an old accywebber trying to and succeeding in winding you lot up, I highly doubt that it is 'bee' I have my suspicions on who it actually is though, why do you lot go along with the utter bollox that 'it' is coming out with?

Accrington Lad 18-01-2013 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1037541)
Look guys this 'person' is clearly an old accywebber trying to and succeeding in winding you lot up, I highly doubt that it is 'bee' I have my suspicions on who it actually is though, why do you lot go along with the utter bollox that 'it' is coming out with?

Yup, - 'CLEARLY'

Less 18-01-2013 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1037541)

Hey up girl, have you never worked in a factory?
One of the best sports to pass on the time was listening to a bull****ter and enjoying the next dramatic claim they would come out with, it never took a great deal of encouragement to get them believing their own prattlings.

Retlaw 18-01-2013 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1037544)
Hey up girl, have you never worked in a factory?
One of the best sports to pass on the time was listening to a bull****ter and enjoying the next dramatic claim they would come out with, it never took a great deal of encouragement to get them believing their own prattlings.

Yer right Less, we had one, we used to call him Gurnet, like the fish all mouth, he was a right Baron Munchausen, it did help to ease the boredom. But after a while it becomes tedious if its only one subject.

Less 18-01-2013 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 1037546)
But after a while it becomes tedious if its only one subject.

Never was a problem, our guy could easily be distracted by showing him tit's on a calender while he was being set up for the next subject.
:)

davemac 18-01-2013 19:39

When he has finished saving the old building could we have him save something else, perhaps Fallen Women, and if he does can he save one for me.

What about having him start a campaign to bring back Green Shield stamps, or what about bringing back plastic flowers with Omo washing powder.

jaysay 19-01-2013 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1037595)
When he has finished saving the old building could we have him save something else, perhaps Fallen Women, and if he does can he save one for me.

What about having him start a campaign to bring back Green Shield stamps, or what about bringing back plastic flowers with Omo washing powder.

Green Shield Stamps Dave, that brings back memories, when I worked at Shopfitters on the big vans they had a 40 gallon tank bigger in some cases, we used to search for garages giving quadruple stamps or better, there was a huge swapping club within the driving community at the firm:D

Less 19-01-2013 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1037629)
Green Shield Stamps Dave, that brings back memories, when I worked at Shopfitters on the big vans they had a 40 gallon tank bigger in some cases, we used to search for garages giving quadruple stamps or better, there was a huge swapping club within the driving community at the firm:D

Not as many separations amongst couples back then either, we collected stamps and stuck together, (usually after putting the stamps in the books!).:)