Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Heritage and History (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/)
-   -   Update on Accrington Conservative Club (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/update-on-accrington-conservative-club-63278.html)

maxthecollie 12-01-2013 15:02

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1036713)
Yes -just yes;) the open pub is more important and a ruined pub

Definately

DaveinGermany 12-01-2013 15:13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb5ndRhEzf8

I've not really taken this thread or the starter seriously since it began & I don't see any more reason to now either. :rolleyes:

Restless 12-01-2013 15:47

Monty Python - The architect sketch - YouTube

Neil 13-01-2013 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1036684)
And so it goes on, just like Churchills. No one has the money.

Rob, do you do the lottery?

The council are currently emptying their building of staff at the top end of Cannon Street. It will be empty by the end of March ish.

I have not officially heard what the plans are, the unofficial idea I was told might have us with another empty building on that street.

Mog 13-01-2013 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036682)
The current owners of the Church in Cannon Street were planning to turn it into a gym. But the council think that they have changed there mind because they do not have the funds and have not taken full ownership of the building yet even though there is a huge SOLD sign. So the buildings current status is unknown.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1036842)
The council are currently emptying their building of staff at the top end of Cannon Street. It will be empty by the end of March ish.

I have not officially heard what the plans are, the unofficial idea I was told might have us with another empty building on that street.

I know I said I would not get involved with this thread again but seeing as though Sam is in contact with the council, maybe he can tell us whats happening with their building on Cannon St. Sam are you at liberty to make a comment on the councils building and could you tell us who your contact is.

Accrington Lad 13-01-2013 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mog (Post 1036844)
I know I said I would not get involved with this thread again but seeing as though Sam is in contact with the council, maybe he can tell us whats happening with their building on Cannon St. Sam are you at liberty to make a comment on the councils building and could you tell us who your contact is.

Ive not heard any info on the council building apart from the owner of the con club telling me that he was buying the council building although that was before i found out he was bankrupt, so i struggle to see how he has the funds to buy it? When i went in to that building to report Churchills as a dangerous building there were no staff and the sign said, this reception is now unstaffed, please use the telephone to get through to the service you need, I was told to go over to Scatcliffe house. I doubt the staff will be made redundant, they will probably just be transferred to Scatclicfe House. My contact?

Less 13-01-2013 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mog (Post 1036844)
could you tell us who your contact is.

Deep Throat.
:)

Less 13-01-2013 11:25

Ewood dare I ask, can you only concentrate on one subject at a time?
Why not take a look around the site and perhaps post in a different thread?
There must be other subjects than rotten buildings that can grab the attention of a young lad.

Restless 13-01-2013 11:54

He's already stated he that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoksambo3
I would die for this building

Lets not hope that, If he does view other threads that he doesn't become so enthusiastic about other topics. I wouldn't want him to be willing to put his life on the line for UKIP, The Tories, or the wish for a deathstar to be created to defend the earth.

However. I think that kind of dedication may be welcome at the railway ? :D

Stevie R 13-01-2013 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1036857)

Lets not hope that, If he does view other threads that he doesn't become so enthusiastic about other topics. I wouldn't want him to be willing to put his life on the line for UKIP, The Tories, or the wish for a deathstar to be created to defend the earth.
:D

Ask him to rescue the fire extinguisher floating in the canal

Err.. second thoughts,he just might..

Less 13-01-2013 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie R (Post 1036858)
Ask him to rescue the fire extinguisher floating in the canal

Err.. second thoughts,he just might..

Maybe he can walk on water?

Some guy 2000 years ago could and he was also known for raising the dead.

Less 13-01-2013 12:17

Quote:

We would be more than willing for him to take over our expenses, though it might be cheaper if he just rents Churchills.

Restless 13-01-2013 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1036859)
Maybe he can walk on water?

Some guy 2000 years ago could and he was also known for raising the dead.

Dynamo blown the walking on the water out of the water :D

Dynamo walking on water HQ - YouTube

There goes another mystery

Restless 13-01-2013 12:55

1 Attachment(s)
Well... It even looked a bit dodgy back in the day

jaysay 13-01-2013 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1036850)
Ewood dare I ask, can you only concentrate on one subject at a time?
Why not take a look around the site and perhaps post in a different thread?
There must be other subjects than rotten buildings that can grab the attention of a young lad.

Quite right Less even Bee shared it about a bit:D

Accrington Lad 13-01-2013 19:11

Railway Pub in Huncoat?
I might pop in some time.
Do you serve food? Or Just Drinks? :D

Restless 13-01-2013 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036892)
Railway Pub in Huncoat?
I might pop in some time.
Do you serve food? Or Just Drinks? :D

Already been answered. Railway in Accrington. You must of passed it at some point on your travels too and fro from churchills......

Accrington Lad 13-01-2013 19:27

I know of no Railway pub in Accy, only in hucoat (next to the railway station), just a bit down from the chippy/newspaper shop/sandwich shop and pharmacy?

Less 13-01-2013 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036898)
I know of no Railway pub in Accy, only in hucoat (next to the railway station), just a bit down from the chippy/newspaper shop/sandwich shop and pharmacy?

well you're our building expert if you don't know of one in Accrington, it obviously doesn't exist.
That old man restless trying to wind you up again no doubt.

jaysay 14-01-2013 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036898)

Are you sure you know where Accy Con is, or are you just absent minded, its very nearly the nearest pub to the con just at the bottom of station road

Mick 14-01-2013 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1036958)
Are you sure you know where Accy Con is, or are you just absent minded, its very nearly the nearest pub to the con just at the bottom of station road

I think you will find its at the bottom of Eagle street jaysay on Blackburn road:D
And yes they have butty's or crisps and there is one or two TVs so you can watch jackanory as well:D

jaysay 14-01-2013 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1036960)
I think you will find its at the bottom of Eagle street jaysay on Blackburn road:D
And yes they have butty's or crisps and there is one or two TVs so you can watch jackanory as well:D

Ah so thats why you and Less spend so much time there, Jackanory must look better on the big screen:p:D

Wynonie Harris 14-01-2013 13:50

Quote:

There's a perfect subject waiting for him, as I've already told him - five quid in on Saturday, support urgently needed. Plus it gives him scope for his property renovation mania - stands to be painted, terraces to be weeded. It'd be a lot more fulfilling than his futile attempts at trying to save a building which has gone beyond saving. ;)

Accrington Lad 14-01-2013 16:45

Station rd is in huncoat.
There is a railaway pub across from the sex shop in accy.

Accrington Lad 14-01-2013 16:55

Churchills Public info
Property type: junk | Tenure: Freehold

This freehold property is located at 19 Cannon Street, Accrington BB5 1NJ. Cannon Street has 7 house on it with a average current value of £153,101, compared to an average property value of £101,114 for BB5. There are currently 735 houses and flats for sale in BB5 with an average asking price of £121,033 and 203 homes to rent in BB5 with an average asking rent of £99 pw.

JUNK!?

Less 14-01-2013 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036995)
Station rd is in huncoat.
There is a railaway pub across from the sex shop in accy.

I give up, do you really think there is only ONE Station road in the World?

Lucky you, it's in Huncoat and by some strange reason, next to the station!

Young man, please, pretty please, get a life or admit you actually are bee just so the rest of us can understand what you are about.
:(

maxthecollie 14-01-2013 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036997)
The old con club has got an average current value of £153,101, compared to an average property value of £101,114 for property in BB5 area.

So what are you suggesting,that we club together and buy it.?It may be an investment.NOT

Less 14-01-2013 16:59

Quote:

The old con club has got an average current value of £153,101, compared to an average property value of £101,114 for property in BB5 area.

Yes, but how many other properties you could buy for that price would need a fortune spending on them?
:rolleyes:

DaveinGermany 14-01-2013 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1036999)
So what are you suggesting,that we club together and buy it.?It may be an investment.NOT

Was right with you up to the club bit, baseball or 5 Iron would be my preference. ;) :D

Less 14-01-2013 17:29

Quote:

Churchills Public info

This freehold property is located at 19 Cannon Street, Accrington BB5 1NJ. Cannon Street has 7 house on it with a average current value of £153,101, compared to an average property value of £101,114 for BB5. There are currently 735 houses and flats for sale in BB5 with an average asking price of £121,033 and 203 homes to rent in BB5 with an average asking rent of £99 pw.

JUNK!?

If you do a search, AccyWeb is highly valued moneywise, (for a none existent piece of property), but knowing the members would you pay?

Look at all the work you'd have to do getting it right.

jaysay 14-01-2013 17:48

Quote:

Churchill's Public info

JUNK!?

Your a mind of useless information, in fact if they knocked the ruin down they could probably build some useful properties that aren't an eyesore like the one stand there at the moment:rolleyes:

Restless 14-01-2013 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1037008)
Your a mind of useless information :rolleyes:

I went for a look other day(see earlier in the thread my doctored picture) and I really cannot see the attraction :confused:

Accrington Lad 14-01-2013 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1037012)
I went for a look other day(see earlier in the thread my doctored picture) and I really cannot see the attraction :confused:

There must of been a big mirror in the way then!! :D

Accrington Lad 14-01-2013 18:08

Why do u people never come when I am there!?

Less 14-01-2013 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037015)

Excuse Me? I know this is a child friendly site...

...but not that friendly!
:eek:

DaveinGermany 14-01-2013 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1037017)
Excuse Me? I know this is a child friendly site...

...but not that friendly!

Ouch ! Knuckles :rolleyes:

jaysay 14-01-2013 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037015)

Maybe we do, but its only for a laugh, but then again nobody ever met Bee either:rolleyes:

Restless 14-01-2013 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037013)
There must of been a big mirror in the way then!! :D

Oh that would explain why you love it so much? a touch of narcissism ? :p

Accrington Lad 15-01-2013 09:19

Quote:

Walked passed the Railway yesterday and peered my head in. Saw a few people sitting around the bar, dunno if it was any of you, didnt want to stare.
And why do you need fundraising help at the Railway!? With all those TV's the owners must be minted! Sell one (or 17) if you need the money!

Wynonie Harris 15-01-2013 13:19

Quote from ASFC62 on "Wimbledon - Rallying Call to Reds Fans" thread on Stanley section:

Will organise for the lads and anyway who wishes to help out to go down to the ground on Saturday morning before the Wimbledon game.

10am at the Crown Ground.
Job - getting the terrace looking like the old days

PRIORITY - getting the Clayton End behaving like the old days.

THIS is what YOU should be getting yourself involved in, Ewood, instead of moping morbidly around a derelict, dangerous and doomed building!

Accrington Lad 17-01-2013 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1037097)
THIS is what YOU should be getting yourself involved in, Ewood, instead of moping morbidly around a derelict, dangerous and doomed building!

NO! I am a photographer, I am not trying to kill myself! I go to these buildings to get good photographs, and this building has been my favourite yet.

Less 17-01-2013 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037392)
NO! I am a photographer, I am not trying to kill myself! I go to these buildings to get good photographs, and this building has been my favourite yet.

So put some pics on here let us cast a critical eye over them.

Gordon Booth 17-01-2013 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037392)

So you're a photographer and you keep telling us you will show us photos but never do(except one from the outside).
Be honest, have you ever been inside and have you any photos of it to show us?

Gordon Booth 17-01-2013 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1037394)
So put some pics on here let us cast a critical eye over them.

Beat me to it, Less.

Accrington Lad 17-01-2013 14:37

Of course I have been in! But not with my new camera.
I am going in this weekend with some professional urban explorers/photographers and also a lady who used to work there. I will upload the photos after I have visited this weekend.
(P.S its not kids who I am going with, they are all over 40.
I posted a forum on Derelict Places and got a few replies asking how to get in legally and then we arranged a visit.)
You are more than welcome to come along to have a nosey and take some pictures - As long as you do not damage or steal from the building then it is legal*
*You cannot be arrested for trespass in ENGLAND (unless you cause damage, steal or break an entry). Please see the following links about the law on trespass in ENGLAND:
Trespass Law
Derelict Places - Trespass & The Law
Naturenet: English Common Law

Less 17-01-2013 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037400)

Over 40 and acting like kids.

Does mummy know that you not only talk to strangers but go into odd buildings with them?

Accrington Lad 17-01-2013 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1037401)
Over 40 and acting like kids.

Does mummy know that you not only talk to strangers but go into odd buildings with them?

Alright then, cuz its really childish to take photographs... yeaaahhhhh.
Its called having an interest in your local history and keeping them with you forever!
Now go live your life how you want - go get wasted!

Accrington Lad 17-01-2013 15:17

Oh and P.S.
Strangers? Not all adults are are strange like you!
They dont all get a buzz about trying to belittle a minor for doing something that they enjoy.

Less 17-01-2013 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037404)
Alright then, cuz its really childish to take photographs... yeaaahhhhh.
Its called having an interest in your local history and keeping them with you forever!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037405)
Oh and P.S.
Strangers? Not all adults are are strange like you!
They dont all get a buzz about trying to belittle a minor for doing something that they enjoy.

Now, Now, no need for you to spit your dummy out of the pram, I don't think photography is childish, nor is having a sensible interest in local history.

I do have grave suspicions that what you do is childish.

I'll have you know I don't think you need any help in belittling yourself, what you need is encouragement to do something a little safer such as suggested by Wyonie.
However we all know you won't.

jaysay 17-01-2013 17:46

Quote:

I am going in this weekend with some professional urban explorers/photographers and also a lady who used to work there. I will upload the photos after I have visited this weekend.
I posted a forum on Derelict Places and got a few replies asking how to get in legally and then we arranged a visit.)
You are more than welcome to come along to have a nosey and take some pictures - As long as you do not damage or steal from the building then it is legal*
*You cannot be arrested for trespass in ENGLAND (unless you cause damage, steal or break an entry). Please see the following links about the law on trespass in ENGLAND:
Trespass Law

Whos the lady who used to work there Ewood?

mallard 17-01-2013 17:57

It may take a lot to save it but its like the rest thats may be had its day.

Mog 18-01-2013 03:39

Quote:

Trespass Law

Young Sam.
Why do you keep quoting the Trespass Law. ?
You have said in the past that you know the owner and he is a very nice man.
Also you have been in the building with his consent therfore you are not trespassing in the sense of the word.
You say, I am going in this weekend with some professional urban explorers/photographers and also a lady who used to work there. Who have you arranged the visit with.
Who is in charge of the visit and who is in charge of the health and safety of the visit. ?
What facilities have you got and what arrangements have you made in case of an emergency. ?
Have all the Emergency services been made aware of your plans. ?
Do I take it that these people are being escorted by yourself as they are your guests. ?
Have you written consent that allows you to escort and supervise these people through a derelict building from the owner.?
Have you done a risk assesment on the route and the parts of the building you are going into and parts of the building that could have an effect of your presence there.?
Have you all the correct safety equipment for you and your guest including High Visability clothing and hard hats. ?
Have you a specific route planned and are all your guests fully aware of the designated walking route that they must travel.?
Have you made sure that they have signed and that they understand all the dangers and all the implications of not following the designated walking route. ?
IF ALL OF THIS IS a little bit over your head. ?
take a few minutes to digest what I have told you in other post of this thread.
You WILL be putting youself and other people into a dangerous situation.
As an Holder of IOSH and NEBOSH. ( I suppose these Abbreviations are way above your head as well.)
I may have a look around the area at the weekend.
KEEP away you stupid young man.
If anything happens to any of your guest.
You could be held responsible and all of your postings regarding you entering this building could be and may be used against you.
Let it go and stop being so daft before its too late.
If you do not have permission to be in/on the property then you are Trespassing.
It is nothing to do with damage or stealing.
An individual who has been found trespassing can be legally ejected from the property, providing that the amount of force used to do so is deemed by the courts to be reasonable.

Restless 18-01-2013 06:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037404)

From what I gather they meet once a week, in the afternoon for a drink in the railway. It has become a sorta tradition for them. It goes back years of accyweb history. This heritage is more interesting than the conservative club.

Also. When I met Less briefly last year, he didn't appear to me to be an alcoholic, and I doubt he spends all his time "getting wasted"

Of course. I would be interested to see the photos, thats if you don't commit some kind of stupid ritualistic sacrifice to this building. Oh and please take photographs of the team of urban explorers/photographers and the lady that used to work there, otherwise these people do not exist.

You could just take the advice offered in this thread and stay away, or at least admire it from a safe distance.

Mick 18-01-2013 06:26

Quote:

Also. When I met Less briefly last year, he didn't appear to me to be an alcoholic, and I doubt he spends all his time "getting wasted"
only because he cant afford too:D

And i dont call 3 or 4 pints on a friday or/and sat getting wasted:thepint::thepint::thepint:
just a nice quiet drink talking about any new idiots that have joined the site:D

Less 18-01-2013 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1037473)

And i dont call 3 or 4 pints on a friday or/and sat getting wasted:thepint::thepint::thepint:
just a nice quiet drink talking about any new idiots that have joined the site:D

Quote:

Good grief, it's just gone 8 in the morning and I'm seeing double, I MUST be wasted!

jaysay 18-01-2013 08:15

Quote:

And i don't call 3 or 4 pints on a friday or/and sat getting wasted:thepint::thepint::thepint:

Doubt if there will be enough time only meeting Friday and Saturday for that Mick:D

susie123 18-01-2013 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1037471)
From what I gather they meet once a week, in the afternoon for a drink in the railway. It has become a sorta tradition for them. It goes back years of accyweb history. This heritage is more interesting than the conservative club.

Of course. I would be interested to see the photos, thats if you don't commit some kind of stupid ritualistic sacrifice to this building. Oh and please take photographs of the team of urban explorers/photographers and the lady that used to work there, otherwise these people do not exist.

You could just take the advice offered in this thread and stay away, or at least admire it from a safe distance.

Sam, if you won't listen to the advice of us oldies then perhaps you will pay heed to Restless who at 34 is a lot closer to you in age. Read his post and think about it.

susie123 18-01-2013 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1037471)

I like to think of Less, Mick and co getting listed status!

Less 18-01-2013 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1037497)
Sam, if you won't listen to the advice of us oldies then perhaps you will pay heed to Restless who at 34 is a lot closer to you in age. Read his post and think about it.

Perhaps not just in age but also in maturity?

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...e/hidewall.gif

Accrington Lad 18-01-2013 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mog (Post 1037468)
Young Sam.
Why do you keep quoting the Trespass Law. ?
You have said in the past that you know the owner and he is a very nice man.
Also you have been in the building with his consent therfore you are not trespassing in the sense of the word.
You say, I am going in this weekend with some professional urban explorers/photographers and also a lady who used to work there. Who have you arranged the visit with.
Who is in charge of the visit and who is in charge of the health and safety of the visit. ?
What facilities have you got and what arrangements have you made in case of an emergency. ?
Have all the Emergency services been made aware of your plans. ?
Do I take it that these people are being escorted by yourself as they are your guests. ?
Have you written consent that allows you to escort and supervise these people through a derelict building from the owner.?
Have you done a risk assesment on the route and the parts of the building you are going into and parts of the building that could have an effect of your presence there.?
Have you all the correct safety equipment for you and your guest including High Visability clothing and hard hats. ?
Have you a specific route planned and are all your guests fully aware of the designated walking route that they must travel.?
Have you made sure that they have signed and that they understand all the dangers and all the implications of not following the designated walking route. ?
IF ALL OF THIS IS a little bit over your head. ?
take a few minutes to digest what I have told you in other post of this thread.
You WILL be putting youself and other people into a dangerous situation.
As an Holder of IOSH and NEBOSH. ( I suppose these Abbreviations are way above your head as well.)
I may have a look around the area at the weekend.
KEEP away you stupid young man.
If anything happens to any of your guest.
You could be held responsible and all of your postings regarding you entering this building could be and may be used against you.
Let it go and stop being so daft before its too late.
If you do not have permission to be in/on the property then you are Trespassing.
It is nothing to do with damage or stealing.
An individual who has been found trespassing can be legally ejected from the property, providing that the amount of force used to do so is deemed by the courts to be reasonable.

This isnt a school trip!
I have not had permission from the owner to take them in but they want to visit and they are allowed to as long as they do not cause damage, steal and they leave asap if asked to do so.
They have been in many derelict buildings in their time including places with high security like whittingham hospital, they are doing what they enjoy - photography - and they know the risks of entering derelict places but they are experienced and they are not exactly going to stand in the middle of the ballroom raving and bouncing up and down on the staircase.
We will be taking an emergency first aid kit in the unlikely event that one of us gets injured even though it probably wont because we are just going around taking photos. Everyone will be taking torches and protective gloves will be supplied incase of glass or germs. I have got a lot of face masks and I will take those and offer them.
We will be walking around single file and being extremely cautious.
I will make them aware of the most 'unsafe' parts of the building (which are the rooms directly under the 2 'square domes at either side on top of the building, (as that is where the lead was removed and where the leaking occurs - the rest of the building is mostly dry and sturdy and safe.)

If we are asked to leave by the owner, police or other figure of authority, then we will do so by the quickest, and safest practical route.
It is extremely unlikely that we will have and charges pressexd against us in civil court as the owner would have to prove that we have broken an entry, vandalised or stolen things. The owner would have more sense than to do this anyway as it is a derelict building and he probably would not have the time to take us to court and he would know himself that it would be very unlikely that the court would do anything with us and then HE would have to pay the court fees.
We are photographers and could prove that. We will not be carrying anything that could be considered as something to vandalise or break an entry.
We are photographers - NOT arsonists!
IT IS A DERELICT BUILDING! - NOT 10 DOWNING STREET!

But thanks for your concerns and I appreciate them.
Take care and I will upload the photos soon after the visit.

jaysay 18-01-2013 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1037499)

They already have susie:D

Accrington Lad 18-01-2013 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1037420)
Whos the lady who used to work there Ewood?

Her name is Dawn.

jaysay 18-01-2013 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037502)
This isnt a school trip!
I have not had permission from the owner to take them in but they want to visit and they are allowed to as long as they do not cause damage, steal and they leave asap if asked to do so.
They have been in many derelict buildings in their time including places with high security like whittingham hospital, they are doing what they enjoy - photography - and they know the risks of entering derelict places but they are experienced and they are not exactly going to stand in the middle of the ballroom raving and bouncing up and down on the staircase.
We will be taking an emergency first aid kit in the unlikely event that one of us gets injured even though it probably wont because we are just going around taking photos. Everyone will be taking torches and protective gloves will be supplied incase of glass or germs. I have got a lot of face masks and I will take those and offer them.
I will make them aware of the most 'unsafe' parts of the building (which are the rooms directly under the 2 'square domes at either side on top of the building, (as that is where the lead was removed and where the leaking occurs - the rest of the building is mostly dry and sturdy and safe.)

If we are asked to leave by the owner, police or other figure of authority, then we will do so by the quickest, and safest practical route.
It is extremely unlikely that we will have and charges pressexd against us in civil court as the owner would have to prove that we have broken an entry, vandalised or stolen things. The owner would have more sense than to do this anyway as it is a derelict building and he probably would not have the time to take us to court and he would know himself that it would be very unlikely that the court would do anything with us and then HE would have to pay the court fees.
We are photographers and could prove that. We will not be carrying anything that could be considered as something to vandalise or break an entry.

When your telling Porkies you have to have a very good memory, you keep tripping yourself up sunshine;)

maxthecollie 18-01-2013 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1037507)
When your telling Porkies you have to have a very good memory, you keep tripping yourself up sunshine;)

Does he exist?Has anyone seen a photo of him?

jaysay 18-01-2013 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1037512)
Does he exist?Has anyone seen a photo of him?

think he's another Bee Frank, nobody ever saw him either:rolleyes:

Accrington Lad 18-01-2013 09:57

[QUOTE=Mog;1037468]Have you all the correct safety equipment for you and your guest including High Visability clothing and hard hats. ?

There are already some hard hats in the building.

Less 18-01-2013 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1037499)

I have enough problems getting wasted, (usually too much week left between paydays), why would I want a list as well?
:confused:

odders 18-01-2013 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037522)
there are already some hard hats in the building.

No way, not the one's that have been there for the last 6 years or so...:(

Mog 18-01-2013 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037502)
This isnt a school trip!

Unfortunately young Sam, and this does show how really intelligent you are, you have not understood anything that I have said or written. You must have the IQ of a cornflake to keep putting all this Bull**** and Lies on this website. In fact I dont think you are real. Do what you want. We have tried to assist you with your thinkin and it appears to be falling on deaf ears. If you want to die, I hope you do not take anybody with you. Also make sure there are enough plasters in your first aid kit. Cause you will really need them if you fall all the way through the building from top to bottom. Yes they will come in handy young man.

jaysay 18-01-2013 10:31

[QUOTE=Ewoodsambo3;1037522]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mog (Post 1037468)
Have you all the correct safety equipment for you and your guest including High Visibility clothing and hard hats. ?

There are already some hard hats in the building.

But if you don't have permission to be in there you'll be breaking the law touching them, by your own words:rolleyes:

odders 18-01-2013 10:31

Keep the facade, bulldoze the rest.

End the troll thread:do-one:

Accrington Lad 18-01-2013 10:37

[QUOTE=jaysay;1037537]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1037522)
But if you don't have permission to be in there you'll be breaking the law touching them, by your own words:rolleyes:

Pedantic again?

I wont be removing them from the building!
I didnt say you cant touch anything!
If that were the case you would have to hover around so you dont touch the floorboards!
;)

flashy 18-01-2013 11:14

Look guys this 'person' is clearly an old accywebber trying to and succeeding in winding you lot up, I highly doubt that it is 'bee' I have my suspicions on who it actually is though, why do you lot go along with the utter bollox that 'it' is coming out with?

Accrington Lad 18-01-2013 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1037541)
Look guys this 'person' is clearly an old accywebber trying to and succeeding in winding you lot up, I highly doubt that it is 'bee' I have my suspicions on who it actually is though, why do you lot go along with the utter bollox that 'it' is coming out with?

Yup, - 'CLEARLY'

Less 18-01-2013 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1037541)

Hey up girl, have you never worked in a factory?
One of the best sports to pass on the time was listening to a bull****ter and enjoying the next dramatic claim they would come out with, it never took a great deal of encouragement to get them believing their own prattlings.

Retlaw 18-01-2013 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1037544)
Hey up girl, have you never worked in a factory?
One of the best sports to pass on the time was listening to a bull****ter and enjoying the next dramatic claim they would come out with, it never took a great deal of encouragement to get them believing their own prattlings.

Yer right Less, we had one, we used to call him Gurnet, like the fish all mouth, he was a right Baron Munchausen, it did help to ease the boredom. But after a while it becomes tedious if its only one subject.

Less 18-01-2013 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 1037546)
But after a while it becomes tedious if its only one subject.

Never was a problem, our guy could easily be distracted by showing him tit's on a calender while he was being set up for the next subject.

davemac 18-01-2013 19:39

When he has finished saving the old building could we have him save something else, perhaps Fallen Women, and if he does can he save one for me.

What about having him start a campaign to bring back Green Shield stamps, or what about bringing back plastic flowers with Omo washing powder.

jaysay 19-01-2013 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1037595)
When he has finished saving the old building could we have him save something else, perhaps Fallen Women, and if he does can he save one for me.

What about having him start a campaign to bring back Green Shield stamps, or what about bringing back plastic flowers with Omo washing powder.

Green Shield Stamps Dave, that brings back memories, when I worked at Shopfitters on the big vans they had a 40 gallon tank bigger in some cases, we used to search for garages giving quadruple stamps or better, there was a huge swapping club within the driving community at the firm:D

Less 19-01-2013 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1037629)
Green Shield Stamps Dave, that brings back memories, when I worked at Shopfitters on the big vans they had a 40 gallon tank bigger in some cases, we used to search for garages giving quadruple stamps or better, there was a huge swapping club within the driving community at the firm:D

Not as many separations amongst couples back then either, we collected stamps and stuck together, (usually after putting the stamps in the books!).:)

maxthecollie 19-01-2013 09:22

My dad used to serve petrol at Hillock Vale Motors on Burnley Road. He used to ask customers if they didn't want their Green Shield Stamps ,could he have them.He used to fill a book up in no time. Oh sorry we have hijacked his thread! OH DEAR

Less 19-01-2013 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1037639)
Oh sorry we have hijacked his thread! OH DEAR

No we haven't it's still local history.

jaysay 19-01-2013 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1037636)
Not as many separations amongst couples back then either, we collected stamps and stuck together, (usually after putting the stamps in the books!).:)

Sorry Less can't agree, had just split from my wife and she took the flaming stamp album with her:D

maxthecollie 19-01-2013 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1037641)
Sorry Less can't agree, had just split from my wife and she took the flaming stamp album with her:D

Of all things to take you Green Shield Stamps!

Less 19-01-2013 09:47

Quote:

You weren't one of those modern day couples that dampened the back of the stamps with a sponge instead of licking them? If so no wonder there was no bond between you.

Of course these days because of health and safety, each stamp would have to be wrapped in a sterile envelope to prevent the transfer of germs because of all the people handling them.
http://rlv.zcache.com/funny_licking_..._ambb0_400.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ield_stamp.jpghttp://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMj...5OQ~~48_79.JPG

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8458/8...1f0bf409_m.jpg
She could have licked my stamps anytime!

jaysay 19-01-2013 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1037644)
Of all things to take you Green Shield Stamps!

Not only that she took my stamp album too:eek::D I'm a very keen philatelist Frank:rolleyes:

maxthecollie 19-01-2013 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1037651)
Not only that she took my stamp album too:eek::D I'm a very keen philatelist Frank:rolleyes:

Don't you mean you were a keen philatelist?

jaysay 19-01-2013 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1037650)
You weren't one of those modern day couples that dampened the back of the stamps with a sponge instead of licking them? If so no wonder there was no bond between you.

Of course these days because of health and safety, each stamp would have to be wrapped in a sterile envelope to prevent the transfer of germs because of all the people handling them.
http://rlv.zcache.com/funny_licking_..._ambb0_400.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ield_stamp.jpghttp://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMj...5OQ~~48_79.JPG

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8458/8...1f0bf409_m.jpg
She could have licked my stamps anytime!

Never used my tongue on any stamps Less, Green Shield a sponge and causer of water, stamps in the alumum always used fixing hinges:D
If I'd have used my tongue on Green Shield I'd have ended up with a mouth like a lime fillers clog:D

DaveinGermany 19-01-2013 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1037651)
:eek::D I'm a very keen philatelist Frank:rolleyes:

The spell checker is working isn't it ? :D

maxthecollie 19-01-2013 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1037681)

Does it ever?

jaysay 19-01-2013 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1037681)

You know full well it is Dave:D

Less 19-01-2013 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1037701)
You know full well it is Dave:D

They always said at school two positives never make a negative.
You managed to force my proof that they are wrong...

YEAH, RIGHT.

davemac 19-01-2013 20:17

Quote:

Who got custody of the plastic tulips.

Less 20-01-2013 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1037810)
Who got custody of the plastic tulips.

Obviously Jay did, but where she put them may explain why he can't walk very far!

jaysay 20-01-2013 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1037835)
Obviously Jay did, but where she put them may explain why he can't walk very far!

Cheeeeeeky:D

Mog 21-01-2013 09:51

Has anybody seen the photo,s yet from the Con Club or do you think we have to wait for them to be developed. Maybe Garth Dawson is doing them. I thought with all this modern technology you can download them immediately. Maybe I am wrong. Come on Sam lets have a look.

Less 21-01-2013 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mog (Post 1037988)
Has anybody seen the photo,s yet from the Con Club or do you think we have to wait for them to be developed. Maybe Garth Dawson is doing them. I thought with all this modern technology you can download them immediately. Maybe I am wrong. Come on Sam lets have a look.

Perhaps the ward he's been put in after his visit hasn't got internet connection?

jaysay 21-01-2013 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1037993)
Perhaps the ward he's been put in after his visit hasn't got internet connection?

No Less he can't use that as an excuse every ward has Internet connection now:D

maxthecollie 21-01-2013 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1038046)
No Less he can't use that as an excuse every ward has Internet connection now:D

Padded cells don't , do they?

MargaretR 21-01-2013 20:19

They have a ward for spellchecker implants