Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Heritage and History (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/)
-   -   Update on Accrington Conservative Club (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/update-on-accrington-conservative-club-63278.html)

Accrington Lad 31-01-2013 14:57

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1039991)
Wonder who's paying for that, they should just have let it blow down.

Im glad you dont run the council then! Let it blow down and risk all the wood and metal going through somebodys windscreen or hitting a child on the head walking home from school? Well thats not clever.

Restless 31-01-2013 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1039995)
Im glad you dont run the council then! Let it blow down and risk all the wood and metal going through somebodys windscreen or hitting a child on the head walking home from school? Well thats not clever.

Figure of speech. What she really means is they should pull it down

cashman 31-01-2013 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1039995)

Well if one hit you on the head, it may just knock some sense in.:rolleyes: But i aint holding me breath.

maxthecollie 31-01-2013 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 1039993)
No idea, but the Knotty Ash Jam Butty factory has just reopened, their supposed to be making tiles for the roof.

They can stick the tiles on with treacle from Sabden Treacle Mines

DaveinGermany 31-01-2013 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 1039993)
No idea, but the Knotty Ash Jam Butty factory has just reopened, their supposed to be making tiles for the roof.

Might take some time, due to risk assessment, H&S & the EU working time directive. Added to that, the JBTM & SSWU (Jam Butty Treacle Mine & Syrup Shifting Workers Union) are demanding reduced hours, more pay & quarterly Charabanc trips to Blackpool so they can go on the lash, get free Fish & Chips & all paid for by the employers ................. so your tiles may take a while. :D ;)

Retlaw 31-01-2013 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1040022)
Might take some time, due to risk assessment, H&S & the EU working time directive. Added to that, the JBTM & SSWU (Jam Butty Treacle Mine & Syrup Shifting Workers Union) are demanding reduced hours, more pay & quarterly Charabanc trips to Blackpool so they can go on the lash, get free Fish & Chips & all paid for by the employers ................. so your tiles may take a while. :D ;)

Tha wants tu be careful DiG, its a criminal offence to thread wander, especially into the area o them Jam Butty Makers un yon Traycul workers at Sabden.

susie123 31-01-2013 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1040022)

Here's your work force...

The Treacle People - Episode 1 - Treacle Trouble www.firemountain.co.uk - YouTube

When the roof's on they can use some parkin to plug the holes in the walls and cover the rotting floorboards with tripe.

DaveinGermany 31-01-2013 19:00

Was thinking more of Doddys gang, Mick the marmalizer, Nigel Ponsonby Smallpiece, Wee Hamish McDiddy, Harry Cott & Dickie Mint. :D Trade unionists the lot. ;)

susie123 31-01-2013 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1040034)
Was thinking more of Doddys gang, Mick the marmalizer, Nigel Ponsonby Smallpiece, Wee Hamish McDiddy, Harry Cott & Dickie Mint. :D Trade unionists the lot. ;)

Ah well you would being a Scouser. The treacle people have names like Wizzle and Mitton which are more familiar round Accy. And my favourite is the expression "what the Mankinholes is that?" - Mankinholes being a village near Todmorden.

DaveinGermany 31-01-2013 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1040035)
Todmorden.

Which is twinned with ...................... Tah Da !!!

Bramsche (Germany) :)

susie123 31-01-2013 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1040038)
Which is twinned with ...................... Tah Da !!!

Bramsche (Germany) :)

There's no answer to that!

Retlaw 31-01-2013 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1040028)
Here's your work force...

The Treacle People - Episode 1 - Treacle Trouble www.firemountain.co.uk - YouTube

When the roof's on they can use some parkin to plug the holes in the walls and cover the rotting floorboards with tripe.

I wud a thowt thur wur enuff trype on ear, wiowt spreadin id al oer fluer in yon place, sides a wur alus towd tripe un parkin don't mix.

davemac 31-01-2013 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1039988)
Scaffolding going up round the rear today, the window boards and roof were falling off because of todays extremely windy conditions!

Does this mean that now someone has taken custody of the building you will no longer be able to traipse the light fantastic through the corridors of yesteryear ?

Restless 31-01-2013 22:52

could prob win the current photo comp with some of those photos

davemac 31-01-2013 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1040065)
could prob win the current photo comp with some of those photos

You have to stop with this relentless restless urge to get him on other threads as well as this one. I don't think dissipation will dilute his barmpot dissertations for martyrdom ( I've just given myself a headache )