Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Heritage and History (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/)
-   -   Update on Accrington Conservative Club (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/update-on-accrington-conservative-club-63278.html)

susie123 04-02-2013 10:07

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1040556)
I'll tell you what though judging by the quality of his photos he has some serious camera kit. ;)

It was a Christmas present from his mummy and daddy.

Restless 04-02-2013 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1040598)
It was a Christmas present from his mummy and daddy.

Prob belongs to mummy and daddy

DtheP47 05-02-2013 10:30

1 Attachment(s)
Is this our errant and callow youth?
The lads from DMc scaffolding went back to the Con yesterday to check the scaffolding after those high winds. Cut a long story short one of the boys thought he could hear some noises coming up from the basement steps or passages and decided to investigate. Creeping slowly down the wet stairs he was surprised to see a flickering light coming from one of the cellars. As he crept ever deeper into the crypt unfortunately his mobile phone rang alerting whoever was down there. Realising his cover was blown he pressed quickly on downwards only to see a pair of legs and nike trainers dissapearing into a rubble strewn passage way. There was however on the table left in the trespassers haste to escape identity, two tins of Red Bull a pack of Swizzells Love Hearts but more importantly a brand spanking new Black Pentax K-30 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm DAL Lens.
The upshot of it all is we have uploaded all the photos and whilst a lot are not fit to be published on the Accyweb to be seen by ladies of a delicate disposition, this one is of particular interest. I think it’s the boy himself.

flashy 05-02-2013 11:36

i think the police need to be looking into this

Margaret Pilkington 05-02-2013 11:40

Me too!

flashy 05-02-2013 12:14

breaking an entering perhaps

davemac 05-02-2013 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1040714)
The lads from DMc scaffolding went back to the Con yesterday to check the scaffolding after those high winds. Cut a long story short one of the boys thought he could hear some noises coming up from the basement steps or passages and decided to investigate. Creeping slowly down the wet stairs he was surprised to see a flickering light coming from one of the cellars. As he crept ever deeper into the crypt unfortunately his mobile phone rang alerting whoever was down there. Realising his cover was blown he pressed quickly on downwards only to see a pair of legs and nike trainers dissapearing into a rubble strewn passage way. There was however on the table left in the trespassers haste to escape identity, two tins of Red Bull a pack of Swizzells Love Hearts but more importantly a brand spanking new Black Pentax K-30 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm DAL Lens.
The upshot of it all is we have uploaded all the photos and whilst a lot are not fit to be published on the Accyweb to be seen by ladies of a delicate disposition, this one is of particular interest. I think it’s the boy himself.

Why would he run, after he went to great pains to tell us that there is no such law as trespass, or is there more to this story !

Accrington Lad 05-02-2013 13:13

Yeah because thats true isnt it.

susie123 05-02-2013 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1040714)

I don't believe a word of this.

1. Where is the electricity coming from to power that lamp in the picture? Don't think the power would still be on after all these years. Especially as Sam keeps mentioning torches.
2. Sam said his camera was a Samsung WB101 not a Pentax. And the folks from DMC are now in possession of whatever camera it was? That's theft.
3. Do we know it really is the cellar of the Con Club?

Think a very large pinch of salt is needed.

Less 05-02-2013 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1040735)
I don't believe a word of this.

1. Where is the electricity coming from to power that lamp in the picture? Don't think the power would still be on after all these years. Especially as Sam keeps mentioning torches.
2. Sam said his camera was a Samsung WB101 not a Pentax. And the folks from DMC are now in possession of whatever camera it was? That's theft.
3. Do we know it really is the cellar of the Con Club?

Think a very large pinch of salt is needed.

sometimes lady, you do miss the obvious and go on one!

susie123 05-02-2013 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1040736)
sometimes lady, you do miss the obvious and go on one!

Sorry Less if I'm being naive or thick, and here's me thinking I'm applying logical scientific principles!

Gordon Booth 05-02-2013 14:01

Pentax K30- that's a £500-£600 camera. You need to deliver a lot of newspapers to buy one of those, although I bet he's more upset he left his Swizzells Love Hearts behind.
Good to see his interests go beyond derelict buildings, though. Or is it?

churchfcrules 05-02-2013 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1040743)
Sorry Less if I'm being naive or thick, and here's me thinking I'm applying logical scientific principles!

hate to say it sue, but a bit of both, love

ask yourself would they have a chandalier down the cellar too?

susie123 05-02-2013 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchfcrules (Post 1040748)
ask yourself would they have a chandalier down the cellar too?

Surely that was exactly my point - you don't really think I was taken in do you? that post was written with tongue firmly in cheek.

churchfcrules 05-02-2013 14:13

hey ive had two pints n a whiff of the barmaids apron with less n mick, anthings possible today