Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Heritage and History (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/)
-   -   Update on Accrington Conservative Club (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/update-on-accrington-conservative-club-63278.html)

flashy 11-02-2013 19:36

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Can this thread be deleted now? Its boring

steve2qec 11-02-2013 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1041672)

I disagree - you never know what could happen on a thread like this, I say leave it on...!!!

jaysay 11-02-2013 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve2qec (Post 1041676)
I disagree - you never know what could happen on a thread like this, I say leave it on...!!!

Me too Steve, if people don't want to contribute, ignore it, its easy really

lancsdave 11-02-2013 20:28

There's been a development today. Scaffolding has gone up on the outside of the building, I reckon Sambo is going to be bunjee jumping :)

Mick 12-02-2013 07:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1041672)

Not Deleted but it will be closed if it does not get back on thread and on topic

Restless 19-02-2013 17:13

Why go all that way making a site etc just for a huge joke.... oh well... the minds of teenagers

jaysay 19-02-2013 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1042858)
Why go all that way making a site etc just for a huge joke.... oh well... the minds of teenagers

He does seem to have exited stage left, maybe never to be seen again:rolleyes:

Accrington Lad 23-02-2013 10:18

Never to be seen again? I would never just bail on you like that John. ;)

jaysay 23-02-2013 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1043447)
Never to be seen again? I would never just bail on you like that John. ;)

Go away BEE

odders 23-02-2013 12:48

I will just leave these here:

Report (Permission Visit) Accrington Conservative Club 2013

Accrington Conservative Club (Churchills Nightclub 2013) Photo Heavy! - Derelict Places

:enough:

"It CAN still be saved with some Love, Care, Dedication (and a £5million grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund)"

Lottery funding for what purpose?....

odders 23-02-2013 12:58

I envisage this placed torched to the ground this year, the facts are there to see. The owner hasn't touched the place for years, people have been living, smashing and dossing in there for at least 6 years.

So now you put pictures on the net, telling folk it was a place for you and your mates to doss, leave it a few weeks, because nobody could be bothered to come and now say it's a permission visit, and you and the owner have boarded up the place. Could HE not of done it years ago? Oh and why would you personally pay for cameras to be fitted to the building?

I personally think your boss wants this razed to the ground, he will be able to sell the facade, the only salvageable part of the building, whilst getting a pay out.

Is it not unhealthy trying to be 3 people, just one of you is enough.:eek:

Accrington Lad 24-02-2013 02:00

Some of u accy webbers are right miserable gits.
They have my username on them! :D

Even I have lost track now of what I need to say to keep the story making sense.
Hmm, that sentence didn't make much sense either.

Accrington Lad 24-02-2013 02:11

I havnt paid to fit any cameras, where do you get that from?
And the owner is actually a great guy and does care that people are going in, obviously he wants to make money out of the building but he doesnt want people going in there and hurting themselves. He is a very friendly man so keep your trap shut and don't get involved with things you know nothing about!

The only reason I made those other statements about bankruptcy was because the council fed those lies to me and tried to make the owner seem like a bad person when in actual face he is an extremely polite and kind person. He clearly does care about the building otherwise why would he take his own time on a Sunday to go all the way to Accrington to board up a derelict building because scuzzers and kids keep breaking in. Because he cares! He doesn't want to make the town of Accrington look more disgusting than it already is. And you really don't understand how much time, effort and planning it takes to do a project like this! I am not revealing anything about the project though.
The pictures on the websites you have listed were taken literally on the day I met the owner (about half an hour before as the building was unlocked and I have always adored it so wanted to see what it was like!!)
Now please ask no more questions about the Conservative Club as I will not reveal any more.

I would prefer to talk about the Church across the road which is currently being refurbished by Y&Y developments!

Have a pleasant day.

jaysay 24-02-2013 09:11

Quote:

Now please ask no more questions about the Conservative Club as I will not reveal any more.

Thank god for that

BERNADETTE 25-02-2013 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1043614)
I havnt paid to fit any cameras, where do you get that from?
And the owner is actually a great guy and does care that people are going in, obviously he wants to make money out of the building but he doesnt want people going in there and hurting themselves. He is a very friendly man so keep your trap shut and don't get involved with things you know nothing about!

The only reason I made those other statements about bankruptcy was because the council fed those lies to me and tried to make the owner seem like a bad person when in actual face he is an extremely polite and kind person. He clearly does care about the building otherwise why would he take his own time on a Sunday to go all the way to Accrington to board up a derelict building because scuzzers and kids keep breaking in. Because he cares! He doesn't want to make the town of Accrington look more disgusting than it already is. And you really don't understand how much time, effort and planning it takes to do a project like this! I am not revealing anything about the project though.
The pictures on the websites you have listed were taken literally on the day I met the owner (about half an hour before as the building was unlocked and I have always adored it so wanted to see what it was like!!)

I would prefer to talk about the Church across the road which is currently being refurbished by Y&Y developments!

Have a pleasant day.

Well the owner (if it is still owned by the same person and somehow I can't see it having been sold on) hasn't made any effort in the last eight years or so try and make it any less of a blot on the landscape of the wonderful sight that is Hyndburn. It is a disgrace that listed buildings ie the con club and cannon street church are allowed to fall into such a state of disrepair but just shows me that neither the owners nor the council actually give a monkies about coserving the heritage of the borough. You have a lot to learn but seems the owner of the con club is now trying to deflect your interest to the baptist church, to stop you asking questions about his derelict property:mad::mad: