Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Heritage and History (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/)
-   -   Update on Accrington Conservative Club (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/update-on-accrington-conservative-club-63278.html)

Neil 25-02-2013 11:23

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 1043755)
Well the owner (if it is still owned by the same person and somehow I can't see it having been sold on) hasn't made any effort in the last eight years or so try and make it any less of a blot on the landscape of the wonderful sight that is Hyndburn. It is a disgrace that listed buildings ie the con club and cannon street church are allowed to fall into such a state of disrepair but just shows me that neither the owners nor the council actually give a monkies about coserving the heritage of the borough. You have a lot to learn but seems the owner of the con club is now trying to deflect your interest to the baptist church, to stop you asking questions about his derelict property:mad::mad:

It is not the Local Authority that decides to list buildings and therefore limit what you can do to them. English Heritage decide if a building should be placed on the Statutory List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. They don't unfortunately have any money to help out with the restoration or conversion of such buildings into useful buildings that suit current times so we often end up with listed derelict buildings that no can can afford to use.

lancsdave 25-02-2013 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1041732)
Not Deleted but it will be closed if it does not get back on thread and on topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1043614)
Now please ask no more questions about the Conservative Club as I will not reveal any more.

I would prefer to talk about the Church across the road which is currently being refurbished by Y&Y developments!

:)

Accrington Lad 25-02-2013 14:37

Building preservation trusts like Save Britains Heritage do a great job of saving historic buildings. I think the main one in Lancashire would be Heritage Trust for the north west. These trusts can get grants of up to £5 million to restore a building apparently! :O
Heritage Trust for the North West: Home
Pick a programme - Heritage Lottery Fund

Gordon Booth 25-02-2013 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1043829)
Building preservation trusts like Save Britains Heritage do a great job of saving historic buildings. I think the main one in Lancashire would be Heritage Trust for the north west. These trusts can get grants of up to £5 million to restore a building apparently! :O
Heritage Trust for the North West: Home
Pick a programme - Heritage Lottery Fund

So?

BERNADETTE 25-02-2013 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1043797)
It is not the Local Authority that decides to list buildings and therefore limit what you can do to them. English Heritage decide if a building should be placed on the Statutory List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. They don't unfortunately have any money to help out with the restoration or conversion of such buildings into useful buildings that suit current times so we often end up with listed derelict buildings that no can can afford to use.

Yes I know all that Neil but it is the councils responsibility to keep their eye on properties and ensure the owners make some effort to maintain the buildings before they get as bad as this one. Seems to me that the owner has made absolutely no effort with the con club

jaysay 25-02-2013 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1043797)

That's been my beef with this for many years Neil, its okay English Heritage saying these buildings should be saved for posterity, but to do so costs money, councils certainly don't have the cash and this day and age neither do people who own them. The frontage to Rhyddings Mill Ossy should have been demolished years ago, but its a listed building, maybe if somebody gets killed, there might be a change of heart

Restless 13-03-2013 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1043613)
Some of u accy webbers are right miserable gits.
They have my username on them! :D

A bit of MSPaint and they would have my username on - no hard work needed

odders 09-04-2013 20:20

I see ewoods signature has came true, again.:D

Hyndburn landmark does not need saving(From Lancashire Telegraph)

And for those not on facebook, here is a quote from 3 hours ago,from the page, also he has deleted his website.:rolleyes:

Quote:

"Plans for 19 Cannon Street (Former Conservative Club / Churchills nightclub)
The plans are as follows.
The rear of the building will be demolished including the Majestic Ballroom.
The only part that will remain is the L shaped ornate frontage of the building you see in my profile picture.
A new 6 story steel structure will be put into place consisting of 50-60 modern 2 bed apartments (approx £600p/m).
The building will also feature a rooftop cafe, a basement restaurant and an elevator (lift) going up the rear of the building on paradise street.
The owner is very keen to start this work and it is estimated to cost around £6million.
Please do not contact the owner as he is too busy and there is no room for negotiation as the building has been surveyed and demolition has been thought as the only option.
Please do not contact the council or owner about this.
Thanks."

cashman 09-04-2013 20:55

Not that sure about that odders?:confused: Wonder about any donations though?:D

BERNADETTE 09-04-2013 22:47

Those have been the plans for years but whether it ever happens is anybodies guess

jaysay 10-04-2013 08:39

Well it wants doing quickly and get rid of the deathtrap

cashman 10-04-2013 08:54

Ewoodsambo aint been here fer oer 1 month, Perhaps on hols wi the donations?:D who knows. P.S. if this has been the case the poll was wrong, he aint a nutcase. pmsl.

DtheP47 10-04-2013 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1052188)
Ewoodsambo aint been here fer oer 1 month, Perhaps on hols wi the donations?:D who knows. P.S. if this has been the case the poll was wrong, he aint a nutcase. pmsl.

Me and my exmate Mog reckon Urban Caveman is the wily little shaver reincarnated Mr c ;)

cashman 10-04-2013 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1052204)
Me and my exmate Mog reckon Urban Caveman is the wily little shaver reincarnated Mr c ;)

If its the same web address the mods will have him, if thats the case.:D Seems odd though urban caveman don't seem as stupid.:confused:

jaysay 10-04-2013 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1052206)
If its the same web address the mods will have him, if thats the case.:D Seems odd though urban caveman don't seem as stupid.:confused:

Ya great disguise ain't it cashy :D