Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Heritage and History (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/)
-   -   Update on Accrington Conservative Club (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/update-on-accrington-conservative-club-63278.html)

cashman 18-04-2013 15:56

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1053894)
We already have 'luxury flats' at Waterside(Ormerod St) and Gladstone House (Eagle St).

They are for rent because no-one wants (or cannot afford) to buy.

They are frequently offered to let - seems no-one stays there for long.

Those previous ones yeh mentioned certainly aint revived much.:rolleyes: See all the clowns aint in the circus.:D

Less 18-04-2013 16:37

Quote:

We already have 'luxury flats' at Waterside(Ormerod St) and Gladstone House (Eagle St).

Some of them are one bedroom, I live in a two bedroom property, will I be able to move there and pay no extra rent?

jaysay 18-04-2013 17:09

Who's added the poll

Restless 18-04-2013 17:37

been there a whille....

DaveinGermany 18-04-2013 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1053921)
Who's added the poll

Are we talking about the plumbers/lekkys/scrubbers or the thing at the top of the Page here ?

If it's the top of the page thingy, it's been there yonks mate & you need to get some new gegs ! :D

MargaretR 18-04-2013 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1053913)
Some of them are one bedroom, I live in a two bedroom property, will I be able to move there and pay no extra rent?

Maybe - why don't you make enquiries.
A one bedroom, number 8, first floor, was advertised a week ago.

PS just looked on Rightmove - #8 looks let but there are 6 other 1 beds offered in Waterside

jaysay 18-04-2013 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1053939)
Are we talking about the plumbers/lekkys/scrubbers or the thing at the top of the Page here ?

If it's the top of the page thingy, it's been there yonks mate & you need to get some new gegs ! :D

Never see the first page usually Dave, I always it the first unread post button so I miss it altogether :cool:

Accrington Lad 18-04-2013 19:28

Quote:

Lar de dars aint no luxry flats! Thats where they put the kids with issues. Theres and ambulance there every day just like there is right now. (Im in tesco.) The police van is there too.

MargaretR 18-04-2013 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1053947)
Maybe - why don't you make enquiries.
A one bedroom, number 8, first floor, was advertised a week ago.

PS just looked on Rightmove - #8 looks let but there are 6 other 1 beds offered in Waterside

PPS I've just noticed the small print -
"Strictly No housing benefit, Pets or Smokers.(all the flats advertised)

Mick 19-04-2013 04:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1054006)

So Less will be ok they except drunks:thepint:

jaysay 19-04-2013 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1054030)
So Less will be ok they except drunks:thepint:

I'd have at least put the wall in after that post Mick:hidewall::D:D

Neil 19-04-2013 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1054006)

This is one of them at £450 pcm

1 bedroom apartment to rent in Apartment 44 Waterside, St James Court, Accrington, BB5

How will they know if your on housing benefit when it is paid directly to the tenant?

jaysay 19-04-2013 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1054050)
This is one of them at £450 pcm

1 bedroom apartment to rent in Apartment 44 Waterside, St James Court, Accrington, BB5

How will they know if your on housing benefit when it is paid directly to the tenant?

Well if I were renting it out I'd want to know if they could afford the rent and ask for proof.

MargaretR 19-04-2013 08:22

There is no central heating in these flats - they have no gas supply and have wall mounted electric convectors.

This may put off some people - not me (who has an allergic reaction to natural gas),

I went so far as to make enquiries about access for grocery deliveries and the email response was -

"Mary Biscomb <[email protected]>

8/6/12

to me
Good morning Margaret

For reasons of security it is correct that access through these gates is by means of a security fob only. However as we have a Maintenance Manager on site Monday / Friday, any deliveries can still be dropped off either via the front entrance or alternatively between the hours of 9.00am to 2.00pm at the back when he is available to allow vehicle access.

Regards
Mary Biscomb
Property Manager"

If you want a parking space you have to pay extra for it in the back gated area.

When I saw the 'no smokers', I asked the estate agent about it, and was told that the rule may well be 'waived' for those flats with balconies, if you undertake to smoke only there.

jaysay 19-04-2013 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1054060)
There is no central heating in these flats - they have no gas supply and have wall mounted electric convectors.

This may put off some people - not me (who has an allergic reaction to natural gas),

I went so far as to make enquiries about access for grocery deliveries and the email response was -

8/6/12

to me
Good morning Margaret

For reasons of security it is correct that access through these gates is by means of a security fob only. However as we have a Maintenance Manager on site Monday / Friday, any deliveries can still be dropped off either via the front entrance or alternatively between the hours of 9.00am to 2.00pm at the back when he is available to allow vehicle access.

If you want a parking space you have to pay extra for it in the back gated area.

When I saw the 'no smokers', I asked the estate agent about it, and was told that the rule may well be 'waived' for those flats with balconies, if you undertake to smoke only there.

Looking at that Margaret its no wonder they're still empty;)