Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Heritage and History (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/)
-   -   Update on Accrington Conservative Club (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/update-on-accrington-conservative-club-63278.html)

Accrington Lad 08-01-2013 13:36

Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Just been on the phone with the council asking what is going to happen to this building.They revealed that the current owner is bankrupt and all the ideas about refurbishing/repairing/rebuilding were fibs :/
Apparently he spent far too much buying the buiding and he has no money for major repairs.
In the past few years there has been scum in the building and they have stolen all of the led from the roof which now means that whenever it rains, the building gets wet through. The owner did try to temporarely repair this using fibre glass but it did not last for long.
The council has taken the owner to court where he pleaded guilty but was let off as he was declared bankrupt and had no funding to pay the fines or carry out repairs.
They have given him countless notices which he ignores. The building is in desperate need of repair. The owner is willing to sell the property for an agreed price. He will accept a deposit.
We could try to raise some money for the essential repairs of the roof (the counicil worker told me that this is the main problem why this is falling down.) If the roof is repaired then the building will not rot anywhere near as fast giving more time to try and save the building.
Has anybody got any ideas for a tempory roof repair or is anybody willing to purchase this wonderful building and give it the love it needs?
The building is at risk of collapsing which will crush many of the houses and offices surrounding it.
Please help.
If yu have any more questions queries or ideas for me then please post them below.

PLEASE THIS BUILDING NEEDS YOUR HELP!!
Thank you.

susie123 08-01-2013 13:56

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Please don't think I'm being patronising, that's the last thing I want, but it will take a lot more than pocket money to save this building. It's good to see and feel your enthusiasm and frustration Sam, but I think most of us oldies have known for years that there's nothing to be done.

You say you have met the owner and you thought him a nice man, perhaps you have now had your eyes opened.

maxthecollie 08-01-2013 15:59

Dream on Buddy

Accrington Lad 08-01-2013 18:03

Ill be up on that roof tomorrow putting something on it to stop it leaking!
I dont know what but I will think of something!
Its far too dangerous to be left to rot, there are houses around it.
The owner should of put it on the market a long time ago.
Who spends one million pounds on a building to do absolutely naff all with it (and also causing yourself to go bankrupt!?)
You Need To See It To Believe It. I Am Not Exagerating! Inside, The Place Looks Like A Bomb Has Gone Off.
SAVE THIS BUILDING!!

(P.S. I noticed CCTV signs going up in the windows today? - Dont know if thats the work of the council or the owner? - Didn't notice any cameras though? :-/ Unless they are going up at a later date? Because it was getting dark - I hope they do put cameras up because it will deter the scum who keep vandalising it!)

Cheers!

SAVE THIS BUILDING!

jaysay 08-01-2013 18:11

Don't think you realise just how much it would cost merely to repair the roof, literally hundreds of thousands of pounds, that's before you even think of tackling the dry rot WHICH IS STILL IN THERE, there are very few people who have the kind of money to make this building usable, it would run into millions of pounds, where would you recoup that kind of money today, the answer is you wouldn't, I actually do know what I'm talking about having a background in the building industry and knowing the ins and outs of this building seeing I when in the place 5 days a week for quite a few years

Accrington Lad 08-01-2013 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1036118)
Don't think you realise just how much it would cost merely to repair the roof, literally hundreds of thousands of pounds, that's before you even think of tackling the dry rot WHICH IS STILL IN THERE, there are very few people who have the kind of money to make this building usable, it would run into millions of pounds, where would you recoup that kind of money today, the answer is you wouldn't, I actually do know what I'm talking about having a background in the building industry and knowing the ins and outs of this building seeing I when in the place 5 days a week for quite a few years

It costs a lot more than that to repair, the council told me in the region of a few million! (to repair the whole building)

jaysay 08-01-2013 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036117)
Who spends one million pounds on a building to do absolutely naff all with it (and also causing yourself to go bankrupt!?)
You Need To See It To Believe It. I Am Not Exagerating! Inside, The Place Looks Like A Bomb Has Gone Off.
SAVE THIS BUILDING!!

(P.S. I noticed CCTV signs going up in the windows today? - Dont know if thats the work of the council or the owner? - Didn't notice any cameras though? :-/ Unless they are going up at a later date? Because it was getting dark - I hope they do put cameras up because it will deter the scum who keep vandalising it!)

Cheers!

SAVE THIS BUILDING!

Sam do not even try going up on that roof, because you don't have a clue what your up against, its a long way down, even I wouldn't try it and I have put many a roof on in my time, ITS A DEATH TRAP believe me

Less 08-01-2013 18:16

Don't you dare mention AccyWeb in your screams when you fall to your death from that roof.
Are you really so stupid as to go up there? How have you lost your love of life at such a young age?
Not to worry you will be remembered I'll nominate you for the Darwin Awards as soon as you hit the ground!

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6...ffRoof0303.jpg

DaveinGermany 08-01-2013 18:20

Ah the Darwins, some mind boggling reading there. :D

Less 08-01-2013 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1036124)
Ah the Darwins, some mind boggling reading there. :D

Almost as mind boggling as some daft kid saying he's going to save the roof of a derelict building.

DaveinGermany 08-01-2013 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1036130)
Almost as mind boggling as some daft kid saying he's going to save the roof of a derelict building.

I reiterate my previous. :D

davemac 08-01-2013 21:26

If you feel that strongly about the situation get the local papers to mount a campaign to save the building, that will demonstrate how much support there is, you may be disappointed at how many wish to save it. Start an e-petition or badger the local councillors, but don't go up a ladder in the wind and rain, otherwise you may feature in the local paper for a different reason.

Personally I think the time to save it has long passed.

Retlaw 08-01-2013 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1036180)
If you feel that strongly about the situation get the local papers to mount a campaign to save the building, that will demonstrate how much support there is, you may be disappointed at how many wish to save it. Start an e-petition or badger the local councillors, but don't go up a ladder in the wind and rain, otherwise you may feature in the local paper for a different reason.

Personally I think the time to save it has long passed.

I think this mon is wrong in the head, or taking the wee wee, for a start of where is he going to get the ladder to reach the roof, then materials and tools, if he really is the age he claims, what experience has he for that kind of work.
I don't think he would get much financial support from the people of Accrington, look how long it took to raise the funds, and repair the Accrington Pals Chapel.
Less may be right about the Darwin Awards, he sounds a likely candidate, if his story is on the level.

Wynonie Harris 08-01-2013 23:06

You daft get, Ewood, don't even think about it. Has no one told you about the Hippodrome that used to be at the bottom of Ellison Street and the lad who went up on the roof when it was derelict in the 60's...and fell off and died? :(

jaysay 09-01-2013 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1036201)
You daft get, Ewood, don't even think about it. Has no one told you about the Hippodrome that used to be at the bottom of Ellison Street and the lad who went up on the roof when it was derelict in the 60's...and fell off and died? :(

I remember that Wyn, our friend is young and impetuous, lets hope his impetuosity doesn't get him injured or worse, especially on the fools errand he's attempting

Mog 09-01-2013 08:49

Quote:

SAVE THIS BUILDING!!

Cheers!

SAVE THIS BUILDING!

Sam, I was in Accy a couple of weeks ago and as I was with my young daughter I took her round to all the places I used during the 50s and 60s. When I got to the Con, I walked up the steps at the front and looked inside through the LOCKED gate and what I could see did look a mess. But thats all I could see. How the hell do you get in there Legally. I find it very hard to believe any of you comments regarding what you want to do with this building and I do believe you have a hidden agenda. Nobody in their right mind would give permission to allow a young or old person to wander about willy nilly in a derelict building. I think you are trying to justify to others the fact that you have been trespassing in and on this property for a while. Whatever your reasons are, I would strongly recommend you to stop now and get these stupid idea,s out of your head. Leave building repairs to the experts. You have no idea what you would be letting yourself into if you attempted to go up to the roof area. I would not like to be one of the guys who said. Well we told him not to go in there didnt we. Go and do what teenagers do, try to do what we did at you age. Go out and enjoy yourself. Leave the thinking to the experts.

jaysay 09-01-2013 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mog (Post 1036225)
Sam, I was in Accy a couple of weeks ago and as I was with my young daughter I took her round to all the places I used during the 50s and 60s. When I got to the Con, I walked up the steps at the front and looked inside through the LOCKED gate and what I could see did look a mess. But thats all I could see. How the hell do you get in there Legally. I find it very hard to believe any of you comments regarding what you want to do with this building and I do believe you have a hidden agenda. Nobody in their right mind would give permission to allow a young or old person to wander about willy nilly in a derelict building. I think you are trying to justify to others the fact that you have been trespassing in and on this property for a while. Whatever your reasons are, I would strongly recommend you to stop now and get these stupid idea,s out of your head. Leave building repairs to the experts. You have no idea what you would be letting yourself into if you attempted to go up to the roof area. I would not like to be one of the guys who said. Well we told him not to go in there didnt we. Go and do what teenagers do, try to do what we did at you age. Go out and enjoy yourself. Leave the thinking to the experts.

Sound thinking and sound advice Mog, but will he listen

Accrington Lad 09-01-2013 21:04

Im not going up any ladders. There is a trap door in the attic that leads to the roof. But we did not go in the attic as there were not many floorboards and it was getting dark. There were some dry floorboards in the room below the ballroom which we will lay across the attic beams tomorrow. I have bought some roof filler from screw fix. There are lots of slates aswell in the attic to try and fix the roof. Also fibreglass which can be used as a temporary fix. I wont fall of because I will be wearing my hi viz* Mog, there is a way in round the side which was already accessible when I first discovered the building, i have not broken an entry. CCTV cameras went up today. There is one just through the gate looking out and one down the side steps out front. Trespass on derelict buildings is not an arrestable offence in England unless you break an entry or steal, vandalise or have the intention to upon entering. I can only be asked to leave or if the owner chooses, I can be taken to small claims court where it will be unlikely that I will be charged unless I have been vandalising or stealing from the building and it can be prooved. I DO NOT INTEND TO CAUSE ANYBODY TROUBLE. I appreciate your concerns. *Joke, but I am extremely careful and wear a bungee and hard hat. I need to get some good photos so I can upload them, Thanks.

maxthecollie 09-01-2013 21:13

Are you stupid or what?

Accrington Lad 09-01-2013 21:18

Mog- *ahem* - you talking about the gate that __i__ locked with __my__ padlock and informed mr b (owner) when i noticed that some scum had cut the other one off?

cmonstanley 09-01-2013 21:48

give the guy a break hes being a striver.

Accrington Lad 09-01-2013 22:02

I dont want to become an adult because quite clearly they dont care about beautiful buildings like Churchills. :(

MargaretR 09-01-2013 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036301)
I dont want to become an adult because quite clearly they dont care about beautiful buildings like Churchills. :(

Why don't you channel your passion for architecture into studying to become an architect, and oversee the build of something even more beautiful.

If you climb onto that roof you likely aren't going to get the chance 'to become an adult'

Accrington Lad 09-01-2013 22:33

yeah, im not really gonna go on the roof. i will ask the owner if i can try and raise some money for the repairs of the roof as he is apparently in debt.

MargaretR 09-01-2013 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036306)
yeah, im not really gonna go on the roof. i will ask the owner if i can try and raise some money for the repairs of the roof as he is apparently in debt.

This is both good news (not going up there) yet bad news (raising money).

Some people call themselves 'developers', when in fact they are in the business of 'architectural salvage'.

Why would you want to help the owner when he may well just 'help himself' to whatever money you raise.

jaysay 10-01-2013 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1036294)
Are you stupid or what?

Ya beat me to that Frank, god is this lad ridding for a fall, filler from screw fix:eek::eek::eek::eek:has he hired a mixer as well:Dwell where there's no sence there's no feeling or saw they say:rolleyes:

jaysay 10-01-2013 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 1036300)
give the guy a break hes being a striver.

Even a striver is no good in the morg:rolleyes:and that's where he could end up on a fools errand that he's on

jaysay 10-01-2013 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1036308)
This is both good news (not going up there) yet bad news (raising money).

Some people call themselves 'developers', when in fact they are in the business of 'architectural salvage'.

Why would you want to help the owner when he may well just 'help himself' to whatever money you raise.

Very sound thinking that Margaret, a business man who buys a building like this is either clueless as to the extent of repairs needed to make it viable or or is not very good with finances, it appears the second one is quite near seeing he's now bankrupt and no doubt will except with open arms any money he can get his mitts on

Accrington Lad 10-01-2013 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1036330)
Very sound thinking that Margaret, a business man who buys a building like this is either clueless as to the extent of repairs needed to make it viable or or is not very good with finances, it appears the second one is quite near seeing he's now bankrupt and no doubt will except with open arms any money he can get his mitts on

The owner payed me for cleaning the building up and doing all the weeding out front even though I insisted for him not to pay me, so he is a very nice man.
I will offer him 200 a month to rent it. :D

susie123 10-01-2013 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1036328)
Ya beat me to that Frank, god is this lad ridding for a fall, filler from screw fix:eek::eek::eek::eek:has he hired a mixer as well:Dwell where there's no sence there's no feeling or saw they say:rolleyes:

Don't think the whole of Screwfix nationwide would have enough stuff to fix that roof.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036332)
The owner payed me for cleaning the building up and doing all the weeding out front even though I insisted for him not to pay me, so he is a very nice man.

I do wonder if you're for real sometimes. And what will you do if he says yes? Pocket money down the drain!

jaysay 10-01-2013 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036332)

They used to to say there is no fool like an old fool but I'm beginning to question that:rolleyes:

Accrington Lad 10-01-2013 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1036336)
Don't think the whole of Screwfix nationwide would have enough stuff to fix that roof.

I do wonder if you're for real sometimes. And what will you do if he says yes? Pocket money down the drain!

If he says yes then that will be my absolute dream come true.
That is all I want, - ownership of this building.
I would die for this building - but that would be pointless because then I would not be able to go there. :L
If he does say yes then I will work every hour I can to get money, currently earn £160 a month (doing a paper round lol :L )

Accrington Lad 10-01-2013 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1036339)
They used to to say there is no fool like an old fool but I'm beginning to question that:rolleyes:

Come on, surely you will miss this building wont you? All the good ol' memories?
Its horrible, leaving a building to rot like this! Especially this one.
I will create an e-petition - but I need 100,000 signatures before the Government will even take it into consideration, where will I get 100,000 signatures? PLEASE!?

susie123 10-01-2013 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036340)
If he says yes then that will be my absolute dream come true.
That is all I want, - ownership of this building.
I would die for this building - but that would be pointless because then I would not be able to go there. :L
If he does say yes then I will work every hour I can to get money, currently earn £160 a month (doing a paper round lol :L )

Errr - renting a building for £200 a month is not the same as owning it...

Quote:

Be interesting to know if those cameras are for real or just dummies, this whole thing is getting fishier by the day. I suggest you stop banging your head against the brick wall of the building and find something more constructive to do with your £160/month. You could also try removing some more of its innards and help it on its way to collapse, that would be doing everyone a favour. Believe me, once it's gone, people will still have fond memories but they won't miss it.

Less 10-01-2013 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036341)
Come on, surely you will miss this building wont you? All the good ol' memories?
I will create an e-petition - but I need 100,000 signatures before the Government will even take it into consideration, where will I get 100,000 signatures? PLEASE!?

I'm beginning to tire of your fantastical tales, are you so short of loving attention you have to come on here with your wild and ridiculous talk just to get a little bit of it from us?
Grow up a little, stop acting like bees younger brother and work towards getting yourself a proper life.
There is real help out there for unfortunates with your problems.
:(

Accrington Lad 10-01-2013 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1036343)
I'm beginning to tire of your fantastical tales, are you so short of loving attention you have to come on here with your wild and ridiculous talk just to get a little bit of it from us?
Grow up a little, stop acting like bees younger brother and work towards getting yourself a proper life.
There is real help out there for unfortunates with your problems.

I think I'll pass on that one!
I'm perfectly happy thanks. - Everyone to their own thank you.
probably one of the nicest in accy.
Im sure there would be a lot of commotion and anger if the Town Hall or Market Hall was shut and left like this. Whats the difference with this one. Now I would prefer if you didnt reply with a negative comment and keep it to yourself thank you.
http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/244.$plit/C...A57%3A57%3A739
-EVERYONE TO THEIR OWN- :do-one:

Accrington Lad 10-01-2013 11:08

There is no way it will collapse on its own, - its made from red accy brick! :D
Sorry about previous post, just got wound up!

Less 10-01-2013 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036344)
Now I would prefer if you didnt reply with a negative comment and keep it to yourself thank you.

There are lots of things in life we all wish for, your wish for me not to reply when all you show is crass stupidity, is not going to be answered.

I for one would like the whole rotten 'past it's sell by date' building knocked down and something worthwhile to the community built in it's place.

susie123 10-01-2013 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036346)
There is no way it will collapse on its own, - its made from red accy brick!

I refer you to your post number 1 on this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036103)
The building is at risk of collapsing which will crush many of the houses and offices surrounding it.
Please help.

hassy rvr 10-01-2013 11:26

This is a bigger wind up than dingles on rvrs website!!

Accrington Lad 10-01-2013 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1036351)
I refer you to your post number 1 on this thread.

That was a quote from the council man. Nice try though!

Less 10-01-2013 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036346)
There is no way it will collapse on its own, - its made from red accy brick! :D

What a load of tosh, of course it can collapse, the bricks may be strong, but held together with mortar, that will be suffering from the elements.

Or do you apply a similar theory to the bricks as when the ice-berg didn't sink after the Titanic hit it?

jaysay 10-01-2013 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036341)

Unfortunately I gave over being a dreamer long ago, hundred year old buildings are no longer viable, The upkeep is exorbitant, especially in this building, remember I used to frequent the club every day 20 years ago it wasn't cost effective then its even more so now, if you want to earn £160 a month I'd find something else to spend it on because one thing you can't do as far as buildings are concerned is to turn the clock back and stem the tide of aging, if money had been spent on this building 20 years ago it might just have stood a chance but that time has long past and I'm afraid your now flogging a dead horse, a horse that has been dead a long long time now

jaysay 10-01-2013 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036344)
I think I'll pass on that one!
I'm perfectly happy thanks. - Everyone to their own thank you.
probably one of the nicest in accy.
I'm sure there would be a lot of commotion and anger if the Town Hall or Market Hall was shut and left like this. Whats the difference with this one. Now I would prefer if you didn't reply with a negative comment and keep it to yourself thank you.
http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/244.$plit/C...A57%3A57%3A739
-EVERYONE TO THEIR OWN- :do-one:

The difference is its privately owned, and would serve no great purpose or use to spend money on, to be honest your attached photo seems a good idea knock it down and be done with it

jaysay 10-01-2013 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036353)

Oh by the way it isn't Accrington Conservative Club as your red banner says it ceased being that in 1992

Gordon Booth 10-01-2013 12:45

Something is very wrong here .
If the 'owner' is bankrupt the building and his businesses are in the hands of the Administrators. He has no rights to offer access, ask or take rent/money or anything at all to do with the Con Club. If he did he would be in breach of heaven knows how many rules and regulations. Then there's insurance and Health and Safety- he would be liable.
Ewoodsambo seems to have opposing views of the owner- he's a nice kind man/he's a bankrupt liar?
I see two possibilities here- either this whole thread is a send up, for what purpose I can't decide but money keeps getting mentioned.
OR- Ewoodsambo3 is suffering from severe obsessional problems and needs urgent help and advice before something serious happens.

susie123 10-01-2013 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036353)

So you know better than the council man do you?

Less 10-01-2013 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1036369)
Something is very wrong here .
If the 'owner' is bankrupt the building and his businesses are in the hands of the Administrators. He has no rights to offer access, ask or take rent/money or anything at all to do with the Con Club. If he did he would be in breach of heaven knows how many rules and regulations. Then there's insurance and Health and Safety- he would be liable.
Ewoodsambo seems to have opposing views of the owner- he's a nice kind man/he's a bankrupt liar?
I see two possibilities here- either this whole thread is a send up, for what purpose I can't decide but money keeps getting mentioned.
OR- Ewoodsambo3 is suffering from severe obsessional problems and needs urgent help and advice before something serious happens.

I'd go for the latter, I also wonder why when making his heartfelt appeal for me to shut up he didn't ask who Bee is?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1036343)
Grow up a little, stop acting like bees younger brother

Perhaps he's a very, very, close friend?:)

Gordon Booth 10-01-2013 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1036371)
I'd go for the latter, I also wonder why when making his heartfelt appeal for me to shut up he didn't ask who Bee is?

See what you mean,Less, change of name and change of obsession.
But Bees obsession was irritating but harmless, if this IS genuine it's dangerous.

steve50brown 10-01-2013 15:02

I'm not an expert on this, but I should imagine the insurance on this building would be pretty steep. If the owner is now bankrupt then who pays the insurance. Also if the building is deemed to be unsafe then who is responsible to look at the safety aspect and maybe recommend it be demolished or at least made safe.

maxthecollie 10-01-2013 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036344)
i think i'll pass on that one!
I'm perfectly happy thanks. - everyone to their own thank you.
Probably one of the nicest in accy.
Im sure there would be a lot of commotion and anger if the town hall or market hall was shut and left like this. Whats the difference with this one. Now i would prefer if you didnt reply with a negative comment and keep it to yourself thank you.
http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/244.$plit/c...a57%3a57%3a739
-everyone to their own- :do-one:

so is that accy brick we see in the picture.get a life

jaysay 10-01-2013 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1036371)

think you've got a point there Less, although Bee or Audibmwguy pops on Blackburn web occasionally, but not as much since I blew hid cover:D

DaveinGermany 10-01-2013 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036340)
currently earn £160 a month (doing a paper round lol :L )

Eh, 160 Quid for doing a paper round !!! ??? :eek: I used to get 3,50 a week, have the little toe rags got a union now ?????

Less 10-01-2013 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1036450)
Eh, 160 Quid for doing a paper round !!! ??? :eek: I used to get 3,50 a week, have the little toe rags got a union now ?????

The one you must have started I used to get 12s 6d.

That's only 62 and a half P in inflatory money.

cmonstanley 10-01-2013 19:09

the answer is scaffolding.;):)

Gordon Booth 10-01-2013 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 1036460)
the answer is scaffolding.;):)

But what was the question?

Less 10-01-2013 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1036462)
But what was the question?

Who can be the most moronic poster in this thread?

C'mon or Ewood, so far, at least Ewood can be forgiven for being a yoof, C'mon wins because he practices this talent with every post he does.

:)

cmonstanley 10-01-2013 19:18

ooohhhhh handbags:D scaffolding would make it safer to fix the roof lol

Neil 10-01-2013 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1036336)

Then why do you keep replying?

He can't be being serious so why is everyone replying to his drivel?

Gordon Booth 10-01-2013 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1036466)
Who can be the most moronic poster in this thread?

C'mon or Ewood, so far, at least Ewood can be forgiven for being a yoof, C'mon wins because he practices this talent with every post he does.

:)

At least he's only doing one line posts now- much easier to ignore.

Less 10-01-2013 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1036469)
Then why do you keep replying?

He can't be being serious so why is everyone replying to his drivel?

You knew, he wasn't serious when he claimed he was going on the roof?

You know, he isn't serious when he say's he will pay money to rent the place?

Source please.

less walks away whistling the theme tune for Leslie Charteris's most famous character, The Saint.

:rolleyes:

lancsdave 10-01-2013 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by hassy rvr (Post 1036352)
This is a bigger wind up than dingles on rvrs website!!

Us Dingles don't need to do that these days, you got Shebby :D

Accrington Lad 10-01-2013 23:37

Okay JaySay, Churchills. - Pedantic. Most of you seem genuinely concerned but some of you seem... well not so much concerned. I am sorry but I will not stop until this building is saved or demolished. And hey maxthecollie, that stuff that looks like stone is just a tiny "tiled" layer, the accy brick is behind it smart as'. This thread is not a joke and I am not after attention from people mostly at least 2 times older than me. I just thought it would be easy to talk to older people about this situation as I thought you may care... I will be at Churchills today and Sunday (just sitting outside, i wont be going in.) I will be there both days from 1pm for at least 1 hour. I would not take offence if any of you wanted to chat in person as I want to know your full concerns/reasons. Thanks... :L

susie123 11-01-2013 00:34

So what were you expecting from us older people? Someone to say OK Sam borrow my ladder and get up there and fix the roof? Someone to provide a bit of cash for materials?

Of course we care, but the time for your sort of action is past. If you really are serious, your enthusiam does you credit but it is being channeled in the wrong direction.

As for wanting to know our full concerns/reasons, I think the tone of this thread should be enough for you. It's time for you to wake up and live in the real world. This could be a salutary lesson for the rest of your life. And I really do think you should take off your rose tinted glasses when you are talking about the owner.

I address all this to you assuming your concerns really are serious. If the whole thing is a wind up, and I still do have a nagging doubt about that, given some of your posts, then please go away and don't bother us again.

BTW thank you for making me feel at least as old as the more than 3x your age that I actually am. Oh for the enthusiasm of youth...

Less 11-01-2013 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036506)
I will be at Churchills today and Sunday (just sitting outside, i wont be going in.) I will be there both days from 1pm for at least 1 hour. I would not take offence if any of you wanted to chat in person as I want to know your full concerns/reasons. Thanks... :L

Well, went passed today, couldn't hang around until one o'clock but left you a big bag of Polyfilla on the steps hope it helps.

jaysay 11-01-2013 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1036479)

You Dingles couldn't do it anyway youv'e been a laughing stock for 34 years now:p:p:p:D

jaysay 11-01-2013 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036506)
Okay JaySay, Churchills. - Pedantic. Most of you seem genuinely concerned but some of you seem... well not so much concerned. I am sorry but I will not stop until this building is saved or demolished. And hey maxthecollie, that stuff that looks like stone is just a tiny "tiled" layer, the accy brick is behind it smart as'. This thread is not a joke and I am not after attention from people mostly at least 2 times older than me. I just thought it would be easy to talk to older people about this situation as I thought you may care... I will be at Churchills today and Sunday (just sitting outside, i wont be going in.) I will be there both days from 1pm for at least 1 hour. I would not take offence if any of you wanted to chat in person as I want to know your full concerns/reasons. Thanks... :L

The only thing is you want to talk to people older, but you chose not to listen, again I will tell you this building is beyond any sort of repair, its too far gone and would need far too much money spending on, we are talking millions her. not paper round money, and I don't just talk of the top of my head I'm a time served Joiner and have some idea what I'm talking about

hassy rvr 11-01-2013 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1036479)

I have an answer to that quote Dave but it,s not appropiate on this thread;)

Accrington Lad 11-01-2013 15:16

yeah, i just wish i was a little older and discovered churchills a bit earlier. extremely sorry everyone. i just seem to think that everything i say will happen. Ive just never felt this way for a building (excluding the twin towers of the world trade centre) Now i know its virtually impossible to save churchills but i am not a quitter and shall not give up. THANKS.

maxthecollie 11-01-2013 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1036541)
Well, went passed today, couldn't hang around until one o'clock but left you a big bag of Polyfilla on the steps hope it helps.

You should have filled his gob with it

jaysay 11-01-2013 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036583)
yeah, i just wish i was a little older and discovered churchills a bit earlier. extremely sorry everyone. i just seem to think that everything i say will happen. Ive just never felt this way for a building (excluding the twin towers of the world trade centre) Now i know its virtually impossible to save churchills but i am not a quitter and shall not give up. THANKS.

It will only dawn on you when you get to my age, when your time is running out, just how much time your wasting on a white elephant;)

Accrington Lad 11-01-2013 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1036541)

Where? i couldnt see it?

Accrington Lad 11-01-2013 18:15

Trespass Law in simple terms: you can avoid problems by following a few simple steps;

Use only existing entry points to get into a property
Don't cause damage or take items away from a property
If caught leave when requested and be nice to the person asking you to leave
Don't take anything with you that could be construed as a 'tool' for the purposes or breaking and entering or causing criminal damage.

jaysay 11-01-2013 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036601)
Trespass Law in simple terms: you can avoid problems by following a few simple steps;

Use only existing entry points to get into a property
Don't cause damage or take items away from a property
If caught leave when requested and be nice to the person asking you to leave
Don't take anything with you that could be construed as a 'tool' for the purposes or breaking and entering or causing criminal damage.

It appears you have previous:rolleyes:;)

Less 11-01-2013 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036599)
Where? i couldnt see it?

On the steps near the front door.

Accrington Lad 11-01-2013 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1036615)

Well it wasnt there.

Mick 11-01-2013 21:08

Sorry i took it to repair the roof on the Railway Pub which is far more important:D

DaveinGermany 11-01-2013 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1036615)

Next to Jays White Hefalump ! :s_aim1:

Accrington Lad 11-01-2013 23:22

imature old grandads.

Mog 12-01-2013 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036629)
imature old grandads.

This is the last time I shall get involved with this story, because this is a story just a silly tale from a silly young man who should go and get a real life. Can you not see through our messages what we think about your daft ideas. Yes you can call us, Immature Grandads. Well yes we can be, but we have lived long enough to have earned the right to act this way. We were only, (If you were mature enough to see) that we were trying to ensure that you live to be our age. Read and digest all of the messages that are sent to you. People are trying to help you. Grow up a bit and then we will give you the respect that I think you are looking for. No doubt you are a decent young man. Put all your energy into living your life and not trying to raise a ship that has sunk.

Mick 12-01-2013 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036629)
imature old grandads.

Why not call in the Railway we will be there on Sat between 11-30 and 1-30 so we can chat about it
oh hang on your just a young whippersnapper and to young to drink yet :p

Accrington Lad 12-01-2013 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1036642)
Why not call in the Railway we will be there on Sat between 11-30 and 1-30 so we can chat about it
oh hang on your just a young whippersnapper and to young to drink yet :p

If your talking about huncoat railway pub then yes why not, just live up the road.
You drink at 11:30 in the morning? THATS JUST STOOOPID!
Unless your talking about 11:30 at night? - No cant be, people yor age are tucked in bed by 9pm. :D

Less 12-01-2013 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036648)
If your talking about huncoat railway pub then yes why not, just live up the road.

Why is it stupid?

It gets all that nasty socialising out of the way and we can get back to our keyboards to tell young never will be's where they are going wrong.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...ies/cheers.gif

Restless 12-01-2013 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036103)
stolen all of the led from the roof which now means that whenever it rains, the building gets wet through.

Wow really??

Anyway joking aside. If I "had" the money. I would buy the church opposite and turn it into some sort of concert hall/recording studio.

However since I am just a simple dreamer boy from accrington.....

Quote:

Unless your talking about 11:30 at night? - No cant be, people yor age are tucked in bed by 9pm. :D

hmm. How is that stupid?

Stupid is getting up xmas day(9am) and drinking whiskey with a very bad hangover(I should know-- I did it) I am 34 BTW :p

DaveinGermany 12-01-2013 10:48

Quote:

Actually lad it's called freedom of choice & being enabled. Some of us aren't getting dragged off down the shops by their old mum to get new socks & skiddies bought for them. :rolleyes:

Restless 12-01-2013 10:49

Plus if they are alike my Mother, these "oldies" probably get very little sleep so time is somewhat irrelevant

Accrington Lad 12-01-2013 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1036652)
Wow really??

Anyway joking aside. If I "had" the money. I would buy the church opposite and turn it into some sort of concert hall/recording studio.

However since I am just a simple dreamer boy from accrington.....

hmm. How is that stupid?

Stupid is getting up xmas day(9am) and drinking whiskey with a very bad hangover(I should know-- I did it) I am 34 BTW :p

The church sold months ago so if you had the cash it wouldnt matter.

Restless 12-01-2013 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036673)
The church sold months ago so if you had the cash it wouldnt matter.

You know how to smash a man's dreams

susie123 12-01-2013 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1036676)
You know how to smash a man's dreams

It would be a lovely idea Rob - let's hope Cannon Street hasn't been sold to someone like the owner of Churchills/Con Club otherwise there's another disaster waiting to happen.

Accrington Lad 12-01-2013 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1036681)
It would be a lovely idea Rob - let's hope Cannon Street hasn't been sold to someone like the owner of Churchills/Con Club otherwise there's another disaster waiting to happen.

The current owners of the Church in Cannon Street were planning to turn it into a gym. But the council think that they have changed there mind because they do not have the funds and have not taken full ownership of the building yet even though there is a huge SOLD sign. So the buildings current status is unknown.

susie123 12-01-2013 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036682)
The current owners of the Church in Cannon Street were planning to turn it into a gym. But the council think that they have changed there mind because they do not have the funds and have not taken full ownership of the building yet even though there is a huge SOLD sign. So the buildings current status is unknown.

And so it goes on, just like Churchills. No one has the money.

Rob, do you do the lottery?

Restless 12-01-2013 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1036684)
And so it goes on, just like Churchills. No one has the money.

Rob, do you do the lottery?

Occasionally

jaysay 12-01-2013 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1036620)
Sorry i took it to repair the roof on the Railway Pub which is far more important:D

I like a man who gets his priorities right:D

Accrington Lad 12-01-2013 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1036692)
I like a man who gets his priorities right:D

No - just no.

jaysay 12-01-2013 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036705)
No - just no.

Yes -just yes;) the open pub is more important and a ruined pub

Accrington Lad 12-01-2013 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1036713)
Yes -just yes;) the open pub is more important and a ruined pub

I am gonna fix it - sooner or later - trust me!

(even if it means selling my rolex to get the money for the repairs of the roof.

Less 12-01-2013 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036716)

You've more chance of calming down your signature, who is your designer?
Send him onto the roof, anyone with that sort of insane taste is worth sacrificing to keep you with us.

Restless 12-01-2013 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1036720)
You've more chance of calming down your signature, who is your designer?
Send him onto the roof, anyone with that sort of insane taste is worth sacrificing to keep you with us.

Horrific isn't it

Accrington Lad 12-01-2013 14:56

grrr

jaysay 12-01-2013 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1036716)

(even if it means selling my rolex to get the money for the repairs of the roof.

Now you are taking the pith, not only a young fool but a dreamer too:hesoff: