Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2014, 14:04   #1
Junior Member+

Smile Family History Research

I hope someone can help me

I am looking into a richard hoyle one of my gt grandparents born 1817 died in 1889 was listed as an innkeeper and a farmer married to alice died at the alma in baxenden although he is listed as stonefilds lower booths is the alma inn the same place present was his daughter a alice farnworth from avenue parade Accrington

The next one is Richard Hoyle it appears the eldest son's took on same name as Richard comes down the family line born 1839 married an Elizabeth Astin he was a publican previously coal miner living at The back lane pub which i believe is now The Dog and Partiridge they also have a servant as emma wood 26 unmarried from Rochdale

thanks for any help debra
debra is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-06-2014, 15:37   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Family History Research

Interesting family Debra, what help are you looking for?
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 12:28   #3
Junior Member+

well i was queering the alma inn details as richard is listed as address lower booths, is the alma in at lowerbooths
Old 27-06-2014, 19:02   #4

HI Debra
Richard Hoyle was at Croft Top Farm Stonefold in 1871 and also a publican at Stonefold in 1881. The pub up in the village was the George & Dragon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg George & Dragon Inn, Stonefold 1950s.jpg (464.1 KB, 20 views)
anzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 19:26   #5
Junior Member+

ty anzac for that information there is alot for me to go through and i have to double check everything as i want to get it right great picture could also be richard hoyle's father i would guess

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..