Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2013, 14:04   #1
Full Member+

Hapton Heritage

If you are intersested in local history have a look at the new Haptonheritage website. A group of us began meeting in August 2011 with a view to preserving anything and everything to do with Hapton. We applied for and were granted money from the Heritage Lottery. We are having booklets printed showing maps for walks and information about the village.We are holding a Kite Festival on the Recreation Ground on Sunday the 30th June. There will be lots to see and do. Everyone welcome.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-05-2013, 19:35   #2
God Member

Re: Hapton Heritage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
If you are intersested in local history have a look at the new Haptonheritage website. A group of us began meeting in August 2011 with a view to preserving anything and everything to do with Hapton. We applied for and were granted money from the Heritage Lottery. We are having booklets printed showing maps for walks and information about the village.We are holding a Kite Festival on the Recreation Ground on Sunday the 30th June. There will be lots to see and do. Everyone welcome.
That's a decent website. I think that I have a Hapton connection through my grandfather, Jack Slater, and my uncle, Frank Slater. But it's a long, long time ago, in a land far, far away
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 19:59   #3
Full Member+

Glad you liked the website. It has only just begun and there is a lot more stuff to go on yet. If you or anyone else have any photos or stories about Hapton we would love to hear from you.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 21:10   #4
Senior Member+

What about Acewell , been in Hapton for a long time now and still trading.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 21:42   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
Glad you liked the website. It has only just begun and there is a lot more stuff to go on yet. If you or anyone else have any photos or stories about Hapton we would love to hear from you.
Sorry ... can't help. I remember very vaguely my grandad's butcher's shop, esp his making sausages. And a few vague memories of visiting my uncle Frank. My grandad was diagnosed with lung cancer when I was about five years old ... after that my Hapton connection was broken. And that's a lifetime ago. But good luck with your researches.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..