Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2011, 21:30   #1

Old Lancashire Maps (Beyond the current boundaries)

I think this is in the right place...I am trying to find old online maps of the old Lancashire, specifically Bolton...

As you may be able to tell by my user name I have indeed moved to Bolton. Since arriving here 15 years ago I have found out that I have ancestors that lived within a couple of miles of where I now live. With this in mind I would like to pin point where they lived.

Lancashire's MARIO website is a brilliant resource and being an LCC employee I can also access a good 1845 map of the county, What I can't get at is any such online maps of the town where I now live as Mario conveniently stop at the border.

Have any Accy webbers come across such a map during historical research, any help would be warmly received.
MovedtoBolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-08-2011, 11:48   #2
I am Banned

Re: Old Lancashire Maps (Beyond the current boundaries)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedtoBolton View Post
I think this is in the right place...I am trying to find old online maps of the old Lancashire, specifically Bolton...

As you may be able to tell by my user name I have indeed moved to Bolton. Since arriving here 15 years ago I have found out that I have ancestors that lived within a couple of miles of where I now live. With this in mind I would like to pin point where they lived.

Lancashire's MARIO website is a brilliant resource and being an LCC employee I can also access a good 1845 map of the county, What I can't get at is any such online maps of the town where I now live as Mario conveniently stop at the border.

Have any Accy webbers come across such a map during historical research, any help would be warmly received.
If Bolton Library is any thing like Accy Library, then they should have a good collection of maps of the area.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 11:54   #3

Re: Old Lancashire Maps (Beyond the current boundaries)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
If Bolton Library is any thing like Accy Library, then they should have a good collection of maps of the area.
Retlaw.
You're no doubt right Retlaw, I'll probably have to get of my lazy backside and do it the old fashioned way. LCC's maps online have spoiled me rotten.
MovedtoBolton is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..