Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2010, 11:46   #1

spingfield house henry street church

newbie here , can anybody tell me anything about springfield house henry street church? there is a mystery surrounding a great uncle who was born there??
CHAZ1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-09-2012, 11:42   #2

Smile Re: spingfield house henry street church

The Mullen's lived there up to the 1930's
Father James, Mother Marie
John
George
Mary
Margaret
Sally
Joseph
Agatha
If you have any photos I would appreciate copies
Sean Mullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:45   #3

Re: spingfield house henry street church

The Mullen's lived there up to the 1930's
Father James, Mother Marie
Children
John
George - My Father
Mary
Margaret
Sally
Joseph
Agatha
If you have any photos of the house I would appreciate copies
Old 11-09-2012, 15:09   #4

No pics i'm afraid , just seemed odd to me , that this great uncle was born there , when the rest of the family were born at either the Ormerod street area of Accrington , or Lower Barnes street area of Clayton , wasnt sure if springfield house was some kind of hospital facility
Old 14-09-2012, 08:52   #5

You may be right, as the Mullens only lived there for approximately 10 years, so it would depend on the year your great uncle was born. James Mullen re married to a lady named Motteram (check spelling) following the death of Maria and she had a son named Percy.

Springfield house was alonside another large house named Elmfield House and both were demolished in the 1930's or 40's to allow the extension of the Sacred Heart School (never checked the dates) I was told by an uncle that Springfield House was owned by the Catholic Church and was managed by the Sacred Heart Parish in Accrington. I don't know if this helps or confuses you.

I do also know that all the sacred Heart records are kept a St Mary's Church Oswaldtwistle since the demise of the Sacred Heart, if you fancy following up. I am out of the country for a while so will be unable to progress until early next year.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..