Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2010, 17:47   #136
Senior Member+

Re: Spire farm development

True, well we will agree to disagree on this!
But he still got away with the shouting thing
Accrington Web
Old 23-11-2010, 18:15   #137
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
What shouting thing? Please explain.
Old 23-11-2010, 18:22   #138
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What shouting thing? Please explain.
In one post I said block capitals are the internet way of shouting - which it is.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 18:46   #139
Senior Member+

Well I know who I'd believe and it isn't Mr Foy!
Old 23-11-2010, 19:46   #140
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Why? give n example then?
Old 24-11-2010, 17:55   #141

Quote:
im sure you would change your mind if you met me, im also very sure that if i had an hidden agenda i wouldnt be so obliging.!!!

in life i always see the best in people, my great father taught me that!!!
and treat those people the way you would like to be treated!! great values i still have!!
i havent changed any of this even though i now live in a nice home and drive a nice car, please dont stereotype me, as im.. the same humble man as when i worked in a factory as a framemaker in the furniture industry!!!
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 17:58   #142

Quote:
True, well we will agree to disagree on this!
yes i do sometimes respond in a subjective manner rather than an objective one. we all have weaknesses.
Old 24-11-2010, 18:07   #143

Quote:
As you said cashman you dont know who is right but i do, so to meet Mr Foy is a waste of time and effort. Also for his information i have never abused his or anybodys grounds. Mr Foy is entitled to his opinion as i am to mine but i would not be so presumptuous to call him stupid and bitter for having said opinions as you said in an earlier post cashman "folk aint blind".
And by the way how come he gets away with capitals and i didnt?
maybe i get away with it as i dont thread spurious claims, and make stupid remarks.
i think you need to rewind your threads and although you havent used my words, you will find similar ones, that are far worse in their claims..
the shonky fence will be reduced in height next wk, as i agreed with your remark.rob.
Old 24-11-2010, 18:47   #144
Senior Member+

There is nothing spurious or stupid to me in my opinions,as we are all allowed to have our own ideas and thoughts one mans meat is anothers poison.The outcome will be obvious with time and i hope to be proved wrong and if i am so be it all power to your elbow Mr foy as i said time will tell,i will look forward to seeing and hearing on accy web to the outcome of the development and will keep walking and looking at what goes on around the Spire.I hope you live up to your promises, if you do then it can only benefit a Accrington landmark which should be treated with respect and care by whoever owns it, and kept in a state which benefits the walkers, horse riders, and responsible dog owners who have enjoyed the area for many many years before and hopefully long after myself and Mr Foy are just a distant memory.
Old 24-11-2010, 20:08   #145
JCB

If you can make out the building in the centre of the photo , it is Spire Farm viewed from Fern Gore , taken a couple of years ago .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 115.jpg (518.7 KB, 48 views)
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 21:42   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
If you can make out the building in the centre of the photo , it is Spire Farm viewed from Fern Gore , taken a couple of years ago .
another one for the collection thank you
Old 24-11-2010, 21:51   #147

Quote:
There is nothing spurious or stupid to me in my opinions,as we are all allowed to have our own ideas and thoughts one mans meat is anothers poison.The outcome will be obvious with time and i hope to be proved wrong and if i am so be it all power to your elbow Mr foy as i said time will tell,i will look forward to seeing and hearing on accy web to the outcome of the development and will keep walking and looking at what goes on around the Spire.I hope you live up to your promises, if you do then it can only benefit a Accrington landmark which should be treated with respect and care by whoever owns it, and kept in a state which benefits the walkers, horse riders, and responsible dog owners who have enjoyed the area for many many years before and hopefully long after myself and Mr Foy are just a distant memory.
you will see the huge eyesore at the back ie the barn removed and put were the sand paddock/manege is, just so you know the conservationists class the front of the house at the other side to the one you walk past, if you did call in you would see so much as changed on that elevation, ie ive opened up all the arched windows, and doors, and the huge arched window as been replaced with an hardwood one, the barn will be removed by july 2011 and the tempory wooden barns will be down by then, the bungalow as also been upgraded im sure you have noticed this?...
Old 24-11-2010, 21:57   #148

the stone masons will be very busy next year as the front as been hammered by the winds over the years, and the staircase to the top of the tower needs to be a more traditional one,and the galleries need to be redesigned, all the oil tanks will be moved away from the house/houses into their own area at the top of the old lane... and lots more to do. so as you say i hope you keep to your promise,well heres a few more that i will adhere to.Rob:-)
Old 25-11-2010, 18:34   #149
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Why? give n example then?
Can't really but I do know who walkingman is and I know he wouldn't make that kind of stuff up, it's not in his nature, not in his interests and he certainly does have experience in the building trade!
Old 25-11-2010, 19:23   #150
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
He doesnt even live at the spire anymore he only has some staff there for the stables.So its not really a family home is it! Also how can you "bar" someone from a right of way, this statement gives in insight into what his true agenda is, which is to try and stop people walking or riding (horses,mountain bikes etc) through what he sees as his estate.The footpath where it was sited was hidden from view of the house by a laurel hedge so what was the problem with that? As for the wall it was knocked down by excavators on his land so were they not in his employ?The stream that leads nowhere is an interesting one where does Mr Foy think it goes after that ,is there some kind of cavernous underground lake beneath Accrington that nobody KNOWS about? Having said all that improvement of any area or house must be applauded when gone about the right way he still has time to redeem all and prove some of us wrong ! But i am not holding my breath!
Quote:
Can't really but I do know who walkingman is and I know he wouldn't make that kind of stuff up, it's not in his nature, not in his interests and he certainly does have experience in the building trade!
saying the guy don't live there, n then refusing to go talk wi him, has very little to do wi building trade experience, knowing neither of em meself, gives the impression to me who is right. cos to me nowt can be resolved without discussion by the parties.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..