Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2010, 14:54   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Spire farm development

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
summat else fer the record- Folk aren't Blind.
I take it you have seen for yourself the state of the spire and its land at the moment?
walkinman221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-09-2010, 15:02   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
I take it you have seen for yourself the state of the spire and its land at the moment?
Whats that got to wi the large writing?
Old 25-09-2010, 15:14   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Whats that got to wi the large writing?
How do you mean large writing ? Do you mean size of font or amount written?
Old 25-09-2010, 15:22   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

the size, like i said folk aint blind. unless ya think your stuff is more important than anyone else.
Old 25-09-2010, 17:38   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
the size, like i said folk aint blind. unless ya think your stuff is more important than anyone else.
NO I DONT THINK MY STUFF IS MORE IMPORTANT I WAS REPLYING TO RHFOYS COMMENTS ABOUT MY FIRST REPLY . ANYWAY I DID NOT REALISE THERE WAS A LIMIT ON HOW MUCH YOU COULD WRITE. MY APOLOGIES TO THE SELF APPOINTED WORD POLICE
Old 25-09-2010, 20:54   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
NO I DONT THINK MY STUFF IS MORE IMPORTANT I WAS REPLYING TO RHFOYS COMMENTS ABOUT MY FIRST REPLY . ANYWAY I DID NOT REALISE THERE WAS A LIMIT ON HOW MUCH YOU COULD WRITE. MY APOLOGIES TO THE SELF APPOINTED WORD POLICE
No word police just think yer pig ignorant. n you have just demonstrated it.
Old 25-09-2010, 21:03   #52
God Member

Large font and/or block capitals are shouting.
Doing that turns off the reader.
I understand that you are aggrieved because a public right of way appears to be under threat. You could have said that without shouting.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2010, 21:40   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Large font and/or block capitals are shouting.
Doing that turns off the reader.
I understand that you are aggrieved because a public right of way appears to be under threat. You could have said that without shouting.
I am sorry didnt realise caps lock was on and if expressing my opinion is pig ignorant than so be it.Also i am new to this and wasnt aware that writing more than a couple of lines was frowned upon cashman could have told me that without putting it that i thought my views were more important than any others, once again sorry for any offence caused to other webbers.
Old 25-09-2010, 22:59   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
rhfoy seems to have made rather a lot of assumptions about my experience and worthiness to pass comment on his refurb of his historic home,the vandalism comment for one was passed about his destruction of various traditional dry stone walls which ran adjacent to the lane, and the removal of the original footpath which is now in the field ,also when passing doubt on other peoples credentials would an experienced man such as rhfoy implies HE is,be applying for retrospective planning permission for works already carried out.The destroyed walls mentioned above have been replaced by a shonky wooden fence which even I as a master of no trades as he puts it, can see is of poor quality.As for the fly tipping remark it was to highlight the fact that rhfoy has tipped several tons of horse manure all around the curtalige of what is i must admit his land,this said it is tipped next to a water course which may become contaminated with run off from the manure. Which as a experienced man rhfoy should know.In fact the manure should be contained in a suitable enclosed middin with drainage suitable to take what is in effect contaminated waste.As for the dog mess and usual idiots comment, is this why rhfoy has employed a security guard to intimidate dog walkers and horse riders using the path through his yard otherwise known as plantation rd which local people have been using quite lawfully before rhfoy even knew where spire farm was.And just for the record i am a time served plasterer who has worked in the building trade for over 20 years.In which time i have i think worked on one or two building sites.
nowt wrong wi writing more than a couple of lines, n sorry this aint caps lock on.
Old 26-09-2010, 08:49   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
nowt wrong wi writing more than a couple of lines, n sorry this aint caps lock on.
dont understand wat you mean but once again sorry for any offence
Old 26-09-2010, 09:16   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
dont understand wat you mean but once again sorry for any offence
yer only speaking yer mind its what i do, nowt wrong wi that, apologies aint needed.
Old 26-09-2010, 15:56   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
yer only speaking yer mind its what i do, nowt wrong wi that, apologies aint needed.
ok fair enough now i know about the font size and caps lock thing should be ok
Old 17-11-2010, 13:17   #58

Quote:
ere
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2010, 13:38   #59

walkinman221
1, your half empty answer with regards a security guard to intimidate is nothing short of pathetic, let me now tell you in simple terms, for those of you who continue to constantly break the law will 1, have action taken against them because from a certain date you will be recorded walking through mr/mrs foys grounds.
2, if this fails to stop you you will be barred!!!!! from walking through our grounds.

3, the public right of way WILL BE moved less than one meter to were it is now,
4, the fence that i agree is an eye sore is there to support a landscape banking
5, the enviroment have been to see me re the manure mound, and unlike you are very relaxed with it, as the small stream is leads to no where.
6, capitals are used in names and places and to emphasise a point, remember what your english teacher taught you??? its only since the introduction of a pc that new "yuppie" language/reasons are used.

with regards your flippant comment "i wouldnt know were spire farm is" i suggest you come and meet me as you have know idea that my group of companies started in humble surroundings in the old foundry on charter/fairfield street accrington, if you dont know were that is? its were they used to hold the fairground, therefore may i suggest you do your dur-diligence before you open your brain and start typing utter nonsense.

R.H.FOY uosw
Old 17-11-2010, 13:52   #60

may i also suggest that if your not happy there is a totally free security company that looks after us??, there called the POLICE.
furthermore you could also ring the public rights of way department in preston(you will find there number by dialing 118118) there very nice people who do a very difficult job, especially when folk ring up and moan about nothing, or ring the dog warden at hyndburn council and see what they have to say, there very nice people to.
or even try the enviroment department at hyndburn council and there very nice people to.
or finally as ive said come and see mr rhfoy hes a very nice person to, all these actions will remove the stress of this situation from your life, ill be up there saturday around 2pm, i will be handing out notices myself so say" hello"

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..