Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-11-2010, 17:21   #91

Re: Spire farm development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider61 View Post
Well thats 3 extra post since you left us.
the church cc comment relates to this thread
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-11-2010, 18:50   #92
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHFOY View Post
the church cc comment relates to this thread
Why? is this thread anonymous as well?

Will someone with sense do a synopsis?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 18:56   #93
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I'd assume he's not right chuffed, this Spire farm is obviously his & the land surrounding it too, over the years folk have been using it as they please as it was just derelict. Now RHF has come along & done the place up & reclaimed it as a private property, but at the same time allowed access & a new thoroughfare, but people are still using the area as a piece of waste ground & this is making him rather dischuffed ! As to the Cricket I assume he's donated land/done the work/ given money for repair -upkeep, or something in that vein.

Still I'm an outsider & as such don't know the lay of the land or the ancestral rights & rulings referring to said area. Perhaps lack of understanding & communication from all parties is therefore leading to this animosity & quarreling, now if only people would talk & not be so cryptic The situation could be alleviated & smoothed over.

Just the views of a Donkey looking over the fence !

Has this helped ? Or have I just pished on the proverbial bonfire ?
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 19:03   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I'd assume he's not right chuffed, this Spire farm is obviously his & the land surrounding it too, over the years folk have been using it as they please as it was just derelict. Now RHF has come along & done the place up & reclaimed it as a private property, but at the same time allowed access & a new thoroughfare, but people are still using the area as a piece of waste ground & this is making him rather dischuffed ! As to the Cricket I assume he's donated land/done the work/ given money for repair -upkeep, or something in that vein.

Still I'm an outsider & as such don't know the lay of the land or the ancestral rights & rulings referring to said area. Perhaps lack of understanding & communication from all parties is therefore leading to this animosity & quarreling, now if only people would talk & not be so cryptic The situation could be alleviated & smoothed over.

It's helped me, now I just don't know whats going on, before this post, I didn't know why it was going on.

Somehow I get the feeling that the Lord and master of this vast expanse of land is upset, but for some reason he and many other contributors would rather discuss the English language and not talk in plain language to each other.

Like the strange stream mentioned in an earlier post, this thread is going nowhere.

Last edited by Less; 19-11-2010 at 19:05.
Old 21-11-2010, 11:57   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Could somebody with some sense please interpret this thread?

I'm getting bored.
hi less sorry for assuming everyone new about people abusing the right of way through my grounds, all im asking is that people respect our home when enjoying their walks, and dog walkers (especially with those dangerous dog types) to put them on a lead to protect my animals and local folk that are on the lane to,Rob
Old 21-11-2010, 13:12   #96
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
and dog walkers (especially with those dangerous dog types) to put them on a lead to protect my animals and local folk that are on the lane to,Rob
Is it still acceptable to shoot dogs bothering your animals?
Old 21-11-2010, 13:20   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
dunno but i sure as hell would.
Old 21-11-2010, 13:23   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
(especially with those dangerous dog types)
Poodles?

Or them nasty Jack Russles?
Old 21-11-2010, 13:27   #99
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Poodles?

Or them nasty Jack Russles?
Dont matter what breed, any dog that worries sheep,animals etc is dangerous, or is that beyond yer comprehension?
Old 21-11-2010, 13:36   #100

Quote:
hi less sorry for assuming everyone new about people abusing the right of way through my grounds,
They can't be abusing the right of way as badly as you abuse English, took 5 minutes to work out that new in the above meant 'KNEW'.

Quote:
all im asking is that people respect our home when enjoying their walks, and dog walkers (especially with those dangerous dog types) to put them on a lead to protect my animals and local folk that are on the lane to,Rob
If I was using the right of way and 'KNEW', that there are local folk on there to Rob, I too, (notice, not to, but too), would walk with a dangerous dog to keep myself safe.
Old 21-11-2010, 13:36   #101
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Dont matter what breed, any dog that worries sheep,animals etc is dangerous, or is that beyond yer comprehension?
If you could comprehend you would realise what I was getting at.
Old 21-11-2010, 14:02   #102
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
If you could comprehend you would realise what I was getting at.
it wasn't about my comprehension, twas about saying clearly what ya mean, which ya didn't.
Old 21-11-2010, 16:50   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

you are right in most of your assumptions dave, all i want the local people to do is when they walk through my grounds especially when they walk past my home, is pick up the dog poo and put their dogs on a lead, the area is .2 of a mile.

with regards the other comments and derogatory remarks re an eyesore of a fence, and were we put the manure etc is none of others peoples business, but, being the kind of man i am, i always listen as i might well be doing something wrong, i have an open mind and not a closed one.
Old 21-11-2010, 17:31   #104

Quote:
you are right in most of your assumptions dave, all i want the local people to do is when they walk through my grounds especially when they walk past my home, is pick up the dog poo and put their dogs on a lead, the area is .2 of a mile.

with regards the other comments and derogatory remarks re an eyesore of a fence, and were we put the manure etc is none of others peoples business, but, being the kind of man i am, i always listen as i might well be doing something wrong, i have an open mind and not a closed one.
Look, accyweb is for putting forward personal views about life, however we/it isn't only about, me, me, me.
It may be too late for you, all you have talked about is me/mine/my own.

Perhaps if you take a look at the broader aspect of accyweb, you will see a larger picture of others and their points of view,

otherwise I suspect you won't gain friends, just points to protest about?

What the heck...
just keep going as you are, 100 years from now you won't be making any difference like the rest of us.
Old 21-11-2010, 18:17   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
no neil its not!! thats why we havent taken such action, we are talking really about the dangerous bred dogs(that bad boys seem to have as an image)
let me ask you a simple question if your dog cat lamb or horse was being badly bitten or in our case killed what would you do to stop it? some breed of dogs then turn on humans, im sure youve read the incidents in liverpool were a young child was killed,
the problem is although i would love to implement this is, you cant have one rule for one and one for another. as ive said previously there is no problem with the good honest folk of accy.

i was on the lane yday and met 3 very understanding and very nice folk, all locals i may add.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..