Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2010, 18:23   #121
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Spire farm development

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHFOY View Post
goodbye l--- and have a nice week
Ah go on we get three a week like you, then you hang on watching the thread, (just in case), prove to be different, you said goodbye, mean it.

(top right hand corner just click on Log Out).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-11-2010, 18:32   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Only 4 hours to go, I bet you can't calm down, read another thread on here and post in it before midnight.

We get all sorts on here, but the least popular are those that stick to one thread.
Yes, it's your problem, but surely you have other interests?

Give us a chance to know you.
i embrace your points and i have invited many of the webbers to call in and have a cup of tea, plus you can have alook round if you wish, i am aware that there are other threads to share but my main points are about spire farm its history, if you go to my very first post on page one you will see were it as led from people interested in my historic home to the critics.rob p.s. for you only i will log out(for now)
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 18:41   #123

Quote:
p.s. for you only i will log out(for now)
Liar, Liar, Pants on fire!

You are still logged on!

Last edited by Neil; 21-11-2010 at 19:50. Reason: fix quote
Old 21-11-2010, 18:52   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Liar, Liar, Pants on fire!

You are still logged on!
hahaha ive come back on to see your reply,got to go now as im chuckling to much at your response
Old 21-11-2010, 18:53   #125

Quote:
hahaha ive come back on to see your reply,got to go now as im chuckling to much at your response
Do you mean TOO much?
Old 21-11-2010, 19:16   #126
Full Member+

I could be missing the point, but I fail to see why some of you are showing so much animosity towards RHFOY. From what I can see he seemed to be acting in good faith when he started the thread. Think it's time for an armistice.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 19:52   #127
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Is it still acceptable to shoot dogs bothering your animals?
no neil its not!! thats why we havent taken such action
Well it should be allowed.

By law dogs have to be kept under control by the owner.
So if a dog is bothering your animals it is not under control.

Maybe you should be allowed to shoot the dog owner instead
Old 21-11-2010, 21:01   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
I could be missing the point, but I fail to see why some of you are showing so much animosity towards RHFOY. From what I can see he seemed to be acting in good faith when he started the thread. Think it's time for an armistice.
i think i have answered most peoples concerns, i now think most of the threads are wind up ones about grammer or what can we print now to annoy him, all thats left for me to do now is have an open day at my home. this will prove who really wants their concerns answered and have a tour of the great place, this is my last pledge to the concerned and we couldnt be any more fairer than that.
so if folk are interested in this we could do it sunday 28 nov or sunday 5 dec, i await...
Old 22-11-2010, 17:06   #129
Senior Member+

He doesnt even live at the spire anymore he only has some staff there for the stables.So its not really a family home is it! Also how can you "bar" someone from a right of way, this statement gives in insight into what his true agenda is, which is to try and stop people walking or riding (horses,mountain bikes etc) through what he sees as his estate.The footpath where it was sited was hidden from view of the house by a laurel hedge so what was the problem with that? As for the wall it was knocked down by excavators on his land so were they not in his employ?The stream that leads nowhere is an interesting one where does Mr Foy think it goes after that ,is there some kind of cavernous underground lake beneath Accrington that nobody KNOWS about? Having said all that improvement of any area or house must be applauded when gone about the right way he still has time to redeem all and prove some of us wrong ! But i am not holding my breath!
Old 22-11-2010, 17:21   #130
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Well it should be allowed.

By law dogs have to be kept under control by the owner.
So if a dog is bothering your animals it is not under control.

Maybe you should be allowed to shoot the dog owner instead
What about when animals bother you/your dogs?

Should you be allowed to shoot/harm them?

Old 22-11-2010, 17:28   #131
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
What about when animals bother you/your dogs?

Should you be allowed to shoot/harm them?

Yes as long as your dog is under control at the time otherwise it should be your dog shot and the owner as well
Old 22-11-2010, 22:15   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
He doesnt even live at the spire anymore he only has some staff there for the stables.So its not really a family home is it! Also how can you "bar" someone from a right of way, this statement gives in insight into what his true agenda is, which is to try and stop people walking or riding (horses,mountain bikes etc) through what he sees as his estate.The footpath where it was sited was hidden from view of the house by a laurel hedge so what was the problem with that? As for the wall it was knocked down by excavators on his land so were they not in his employ?The stream that leads nowhere is an interesting one where does Mr Foy think it goes after that ,is there some kind of cavernous underground lake beneath Accrington that nobody KNOWS about? Having said all that improvement of any area or house must be applauded when gone about the right way he still has time to redeem all and prove some of us wrong ! But i am not holding my breath!
you stupid man, your allegations are both absurd and border on brain dead, you are a ? and a coward, if you doubt anything ive said come and meet me, then you can rewrite your threads with an apology, you are forever the doubter and a scaremonger who scribbles ****e down with no substance to your claims, for some reason you dont want to chat face to face, so its best that i ignore your idle claims and CONCENTRATE on those who have a vested interest in listening, you have lowered the bar, and you continue to abuse my grounds and you WILL BE THE FIRST TO HAVE AN INJUNCTION PLACED ON THEM, WHILST THE OTHER 99& CONTINUE to enjoy THE AMBIENCE OF OUR HOME, and even a drink on the way past, you bitter very bitter man, how sad!!!!!

Last edited by RHFOY; 22-11-2010 at 22:19.
Old 22-11-2010, 22:24   #133
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Quote:
you stupid man, your allegations are both absurd and border on brain dead, you are a ? and a coward, if you doubt anything ive said come and meet me, then you can rewrite your threads with an apology, you are forever the doubter and a scaremonger who scribbles ****e down with no substance to your claims, for some reason you dont want to chat face to face, so its best that i ignore your idle claims and CONCENTRATE on those who have a vested interest in listening, you have lowered the bar, and you continue to abuse my grounds and you WILL BE THE FIRST TO HAVE AN INJUNCTION PLACED ON THEM, WHILST THE OTHER 99& CONTINUE to enjoy THE AMBIENCE OF OUR HOME, and even a drink on the way past, you bitter very bitter man, how sad!!!!!
well walkinman, have no idea who is right or who is wrong, but to my mind the opportunity is yon, go talk to the guy! in other words "Put Up or Shut Up"
Old 23-11-2010, 15:56   #134
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well walkinman, have no idea who is right or who is wrong, but to my mind the opportunity is yon, go talk to the guy! in other words "Put Up or Shut Up"
As you said cashman you dont know who is right but i do, so to meet Mr Foy is a waste of time and effort. Also for his information i have never abused his or anybodys grounds. Mr Foy is entitled to his opinion as i am to mine but i would not be so presumptuous to call him stupid and bitter for having said opinions as you said in an earlier post cashman "folk aint blind".
And by the way how come he gets away with capitals and i didnt?
Old 23-11-2010, 16:24   #135
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
As you said cashman you dont know who is right but i do, so to meet Mr Foy is a waste of time and effort.
so ya say, but people reading this thread in the main have no idea who's right, just the posts of 2 who disagree, fact, so i must assume as the guy who's offered to talk to ya, is cos you refuse to talk to him, simple common sense.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..