Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



View Poll Results: What do you think of this thread?
LOVE IT! 0 0%
Mildly entertaining. 0 0%
Boring 0 0%
That Ewoodsambo3 is a nutcase and is doing my 'ed in! Delete this thread 0 0%
Informative/helpful 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree253Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2013, 09:49   #16
Mog
Full Member
 
Mog's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 View Post
Ill be up on that roof tomorrow putting something on it to stop it leaking!
I dont know what but I will think of something!
Its far too dangerous to be left to rot, there are houses around it.
The owner should of put it on the market a long time ago.
Who spends one million pounds on a building to do absolutely naff all with it (and also causing yourself to go bankrupt!?)
You Need To See It To Believe It. I Am Not Exagerating! Inside, The Place Looks Like A Bomb Has Gone Off.
SAVE THIS BUILDING!!

(P.S. I noticed CCTV signs going up in the windows today? - Dont know if thats the work of the council or the owner? - Didn't notice any cameras though? :-/ Unless they are going up at a later date? Because it was getting dark - I hope they do put cameras up because it will deter the scum who keep vandalising it!)

Cheers!




SAVE THIS BUILDING!
Sam, I was in Accy a couple of weeks ago and as I was with my young daughter I took her round to all the places I used during the 50s and 60s. When I got to the Con, I walked up the steps at the front and looked inside through the LOCKED gate and what I could see did look a mess. But thats all I could see. How the hell do you get in there Legally. I find it very hard to believe any of you comments regarding what you want to do with this building and I do believe you have a hidden agenda. Nobody in their right mind would give permission to allow a young or old person to wander about willy nilly in a derelict building. I think you are trying to justify to others the fact that you have been trespassing in and on this property for a while. Whatever your reasons are, I would strongly recommend you to stop now and get these stupid idea,s out of your head. Leave building repairs to the experts. You have no idea what you would be letting yourself into if you attempted to go up to the roof area. I would not like to be one of the guys who said. Well we told him not to go in there didnt we. Go and do what teenagers do, try to do what we did at you age. Go out and enjoy yourself. Leave the thinking to the experts.
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-01-2013, 10:01   #17
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog View Post
Sam, I was in Accy a couple of weeks ago and as I was with my young daughter I took her round to all the places I used during the 50s and 60s. When I got to the Con, I walked up the steps at the front and looked inside through the LOCKED gate and what I could see did look a mess. But thats all I could see. How the hell do you get in there Legally. I find it very hard to believe any of you comments regarding what you want to do with this building and I do believe you have a hidden agenda. Nobody in their right mind would give permission to allow a young or old person to wander about willy nilly in a derelict building. I think you are trying to justify to others the fact that you have been trespassing in and on this property for a while. Whatever your reasons are, I would strongly recommend you to stop now and get these stupid idea,s out of your head. Leave building repairs to the experts. You have no idea what you would be letting yourself into if you attempted to go up to the roof area. I would not like to be one of the guys who said. Well we told him not to go in there didnt we. Go and do what teenagers do, try to do what we did at you age. Go out and enjoy yourself. Leave the thinking to the experts.
Sound thinking and sound advice Mog, but will he listen
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 22:04   #18
Full Member
 
Accrington Lad's Avatar
 

Red face Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Im not going up any ladders. There is a trap door in the attic that leads to the roof. But we did not go in the attic as there were not many floorboards and it was getting dark. There were some dry floorboards in the room below the ballroom which we will lay across the attic beams tomorrow. I have bought some roof filler from screw fix. There are lots of slates aswell in the attic to try and fix the roof. Also fibreglass which can be used as a temporary fix. I wont fall of because I will be wearing my hi viz* Mog, there is a way in round the side which was already accessible when I first discovered the building, i have not broken an entry. CCTV cameras went up today. There is one just through the gate looking out and one down the side steps out front. Trespass on derelict buildings is not an arrestable offence in England unless you break an entry or steal, vandalise or have the intention to upon entering. I can only be asked to leave or if the owner chooses, I can be taken to small claims court where it will be unlikely that I will be charged unless I have been vandalising or stealing from the building and it can be prooved. I DO NOT INTEND TO CAUSE ANYBODY TROUBLE. I appreciate your concerns. *Joke, but I am extremely careful and wear a bungee and hard hat. I need to get some good photos so I can upload them, Thanks.
WeAreInnocent likes this.
__________________
The 'infamous' ewoodsambo3

Last edited by Accrington Lad; 09-01-2013 at 22:10.
Accrington Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 22:13   #19
Senior Member+
 
maxthecollie's Avatar
 
Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion!
Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Are you stupid or what?
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 22:18   #20
Full Member
 
Accrington Lad's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Mog- *ahem* - you talking about the gate that __i__ locked with __my__ padlock and informed mr b (owner) when i noticed that some scum had cut the other one off?
cmonstanley and WeAreInnocent like this.
__________________
The 'infamous' ewoodsambo3
Accrington Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 22:48   #21
God Member
 
cmonstanley's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

give the guy a break hes being a striver.
steve2qec and Accrington Lad like this.
__________________
www.private-eye.co.uk
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 23:02   #22
Full Member
 
Accrington Lad's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

I dont want to become an adult because quite clearly they dont care about beautiful buildings like Churchills.
WeAreInnocent likes this.
__________________
The 'infamous' ewoodsambo3
Accrington Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 23:27   #23
God Member
 
MargaretR's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 View Post
I dont want to become an adult because quite clearly they dont care about beautiful buildings like Churchills.
Why don't you channel your passion for architecture into studying to become an architect, and oversee the build of something even more beautiful.

If you climb onto that roof you likely aren't going to get the chance 'to become an adult'
jaysay and susie123 like this.
__________________



MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 23:33   #24
Full Member
 
Accrington Lad's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

yeah, im not really gonna go on the roof. i will ask the owner if i can try and raise some money for the repairs of the roof as he is apparently in debt.
WeAreInnocent likes this.
__________________
The 'infamous' ewoodsambo3
Accrington Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 23:38   #25
God Member
 
MargaretR's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 View Post
yeah, im not really gonna go on the roof. i will ask the owner if i can try and raise some money for the repairs of the roof as he is apparently in debt.
This is both good news (not going up there) yet bad news (raising money).

Some people call themselves 'developers', when in fact they are in the business of 'architectural salvage'.

Why would you want to help the owner when he may well just 'help himself' to whatever money you raise.
__________________




Last edited by MargaretR; 09-01-2013 at 23:40.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:13   #26
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Are you stupid or what?
Ya beat me to that Frank, god is this lad ridding for a fall, filler from screw fixhas he hired a mixer as wellwell where there's no sence there's no feeling or saw they say
maxthecollie likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:16   #27
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
give the guy a break hes being a striver.
Even a striver is no good in the morgand that's where he could end up on a fools errand that he's on
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:21   #28
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
This is both good news (not going up there) yet bad news (raising money).

Some people call themselves 'developers', when in fact they are in the business of 'architectural salvage'.

Why would you want to help the owner when he may well just 'help himself' to whatever money you raise.
Very sound thinking that Margaret, a business man who buys a building like this is either clueless as to the extent of repairs needed to make it viable or or is not very good with finances, it appears the second one is quite near seeing he's now bankrupt and no doubt will except with open arms any money he can get his mitts on
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:33   #29
Full Member
 
Accrington Lad's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Very sound thinking that Margaret, a business man who buys a building like this is either clueless as to the extent of repairs needed to make it viable or or is not very good with finances, it appears the second one is quite near seeing he's now bankrupt and no doubt will except with open arms any money he can get his mitts on
The owner payed me for cleaning the building up and doing all the weeding out front even though I insisted for him not to pay me, so he is a very nice man.
I will offer him 200 a month to rent it.
WeAreInnocent likes this.
__________________
The 'infamous' ewoodsambo3
Accrington Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:44   #30
Resting In Peace
 
susie123's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya beat me to that Frank, god is this lad ridding for a fall, filler from screw fixhas he hired a mixer as wellwell where there's no sence there's no feeling or saw they say
Don't think the whole of Screwfix nationwide would have enough stuff to fix that roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 View Post
The owner payed me for cleaning the building up and doing all the weeding out front even though I insisted for him not to pay me, so he is a very nice man.
I will offer him 200 a month to rent it.
I do wonder if you're for real sometimes. And what will you do if he says yes? Pocket money down the drain!
__________________
Let sleeping polar bears lie...
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
accrington, ballroom, churchills, club, conservative

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:37.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.49037 seconds with 13 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1