Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



View Poll Results: What do you think of this thread?
LOVE IT! 0 0%
Mildly entertaining. 0 0%
Boring 0 0%
That Ewoodsambo3 is a nutcase and is doing my 'ed in! Delete this thread 0 0%
Informative/helpful 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree253Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2013, 18:36   #421
God Member
 
flashy's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Can this thread be deleted now? Its boring
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-02-2013, 18:43   #422
Full Member+
 
steve2qec's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Can this thread be deleted now? Its boring
I disagree - you never know what could happen on a thread like this, I say leave it on...!!!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 18:49   #423
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
I disagree - you never know what could happen on a thread like this, I say leave it on...!!!
Me too Steve, if people don't want to contribute, ignore it, its easy really
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 19:28   #424
God Member
 
lancsdave's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

There's been a development today. Scaffolding has gone up on the outside of the building, I reckon Sambo is going to be bunjee jumping
__________________
www.giftprint.co.uk - T-shirt printing & more
lancsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:03   #425
Resting in Peace

 
Mick's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Can this thread be deleted now? Its boring
Not Deleted but it will be closed if it does not get back on thread and on topic
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 16:13   #426
Bearded but Sober member

 
Restless's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Why go all that way making a site etc just for a huge joke.... oh well... the minds of teenagers
__________________
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 17:35   #427
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Why go all that way making a site etc just for a huge joke.... oh well... the minds of teenagers
He does seem to have exited stage left, maybe never to be seen again
Restless likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 09:18   #428
Full Member
 
Accrington Lad's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Never to be seen again? I would never just bail on you like that John.
__________________
The 'infamous' ewoodsambo3
Accrington Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 09:25   #429
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 View Post
Never to be seen again? I would never just bail on you like that John.
Go away BEE
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 11:48   #430
Full Member
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

I will just leave these here:

Report (Permission Visit) Accrington Conservative Club 2013

Accrington Conservative Club (Churchills Nightclub 2013) Photo Heavy! - Derelict Places




"It CAN still be saved with some Love, Care, Dedication (and a 5million grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund)"

Lottery funding for what purpose?....
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 11:58   #431
Full Member
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

I envisage this placed torched to the ground this year, the facts are there to see. The owner hasn't touched the place for years, people have been living, smashing and dossing in there for at least 6 years.

So now you put pictures on the net, telling folk it was a place for you and your mates to doss, leave it a few weeks, because nobody could be bothered to come and now say it's a permission visit, and you and the owner have boarded up the place. Could HE not of done it years ago? Oh and why would you personally pay for cameras to be fitted to the building?

I personally think your boss wants this razed to the ground, he will be able to sell the facade, the only salvageable part of the building, whilst getting a pay out.

Is it not unhealthy trying to be 3 people, just one of you is enough.

Last edited by odders; 23-02-2013 at 12:00.
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 01:00   #432
Full Member
 
Accrington Lad's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Some of u accy webbers are right miserable gits.
They have my username on them!

Even I have lost track now of what I need to say to keep the story making sense.
Hmm, that sentence didn't make much sense either.
__________________
The 'infamous' ewoodsambo3
Accrington Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 01:11   #433
Full Member
 
Accrington Lad's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

I havnt paid to fit any cameras, where do you get that from?
And the owner is actually a great guy and does care that people are going in, obviously he wants to make money out of the building but he doesnt want people going in there and hurting themselves. He is a very friendly man so keep your trap shut and don't get involved with things you know nothing about!

The only reason I made those other statements about bankruptcy was because the council fed those lies to me and tried to make the owner seem like a bad person when in actual face he is an extremely polite and kind person. He clearly does care about the building otherwise why would he take his own time on a Sunday to go all the way to Accrington to board up a derelict building because scuzzers and kids keep breaking in. Because he cares! He doesn't want to make the town of Accrington look more disgusting than it already is. And you really don't understand how much time, effort and planning it takes to do a project like this! I am not revealing anything about the project though.
The pictures on the websites you have listed were taken literally on the day I met the owner (about half an hour before as the building was unlocked and I have always adored it so wanted to see what it was like!!)
Now please ask no more questions about the Conservative Club as I will not reveal any more.

I would prefer to talk about the Church across the road which is currently being refurbished by Y&Y developments!

Have a pleasant day.
__________________
The 'infamous' ewoodsambo3
Accrington Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 08:11   #434
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:
Now please ask no more questions about the Conservative Club as I will not reveal any more.
Thank god for that
Less, Retlaw, Restless and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Mick; 24-02-2013 at 08:33.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 00:25   #435
God Member

 
BERNADETTE's Avatar
 

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 View Post
I havnt paid to fit any cameras, where do you get that from?
And the owner is actually a great guy and does care that people are going in, obviously he wants to make money out of the building but he doesnt want people going in there and hurting themselves. He is a very friendly man so keep your trap shut and don't get involved with things you know nothing about!

The only reason I made those other statements about bankruptcy was because the council fed those lies to me and tried to make the owner seem like a bad person when in actual face he is an extremely polite and kind person. He clearly does care about the building otherwise why would he take his own time on a Sunday to go all the way to Accrington to board up a derelict building because scuzzers and kids keep breaking in. Because he cares! He doesn't want to make the town of Accrington look more disgusting than it already is. And you really don't understand how much time, effort and planning it takes to do a project like this! I am not revealing anything about the project though.
The pictures on the websites you have listed were taken literally on the day I met the owner (about half an hour before as the building was unlocked and I have always adored it so wanted to see what it was like!!)
Now please ask no more questions about the Conservative Club as I will not reveal any more.

I would prefer to talk about the Church across the road which is currently being refurbished by Y&Y developments!

Have a pleasant day.
Well the owner (if it is still owned by the same person and somehow I can't see it having been sold on) hasn't made any effort in the last eight years or so try and make it any less of a blot on the landscape of the wonderful sight that is Hyndburn. It is a disgrace that listed buildings ie the con club and cannon street church are allowed to fall into such a state of disrepair but just shows me that neither the owners nor the council actually give a monkies about coserving the heritage of the borough. You have a lot to learn but seems the owner of the con club is now trying to deflect your interest to the baptist church, to stop you asking questions about his derelict property
__________________
A PERSON WHO MINDS THEIR OWN BUSINESS WILL ALWAYS BE FULLY EMPLOYED (Cicero)
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
accrington, ballroom, churchills, club, conservative

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 16:51.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.50766 seconds with 13 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1