Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2013, 22:38   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Wesleyan Methodist church, Union St, Accrington Lancashire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
There was ex WW1 soldier who lived up Sandy Lane called Beaumont Harwood, he was singer as was his wife, they used to sing in pubs and clubs around the area, last time I saw Beaumont would be around 1953 in Adelaide St.
Yes I think that would have been my great grandad... Dick Harwood 's father... they used to live at 20 Adelaide Street... sadly Beaumont committed suicide : 1952... wonder if anyone's got any pictures...
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-11-2013, 09:37   #17
Senior Member+

The library's the place to enquire. I knew an Ann Harwood who lived over Church way up to 1963 or so when she married a Malcolm Waddington. Ann died some years ago in Blackpool
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:33   #18
Junior Member+

I've not seen many photos of sbobet my old chapel. One that crops up shows a mayoral party leaving the gates.
Bob Dobson likes this.
alucy0210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2015, 20:31   #19
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzac View Post
Have a couple of old newspaper cuttings about a Methodist Church on Union Street if this is the one you are interested in.
Hartley Davy mentioned in the paper an original trustee ....was my 4x Great Grandfather.
Davy St. Accrington was named after him, shame its all gone now.
Don't suppose you know of any images of Hartley Davy ??
davylad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..