Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Games (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f125/)
-   -   Daily quiz (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f125/daily-quiz-56958.html)

jaysay 24-02-2011 08:49

Daily quiz

I found it very strange this morning when I took a look at yesterdays results I couldn't understand how Barry and setayas had exactly the same score 10 right in 48 seconds for a score 952 yet Barrie gets 9 points and setayas only gets 8:confused::confused::confused: yet aromaanne has 10 right in 56 seconds for a score of 944 yet gets 8 points like satayas, very very cockeyed way of scoring

garinda 24-02-2011 09:23

Re: Daily quiz

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 886661)
I found it very strange this morning when I took a look at yesterdays results I couldn't understand how Barry and setayas had exactly the same score 10 right in 48 seconds for a score 952 yet Barrie gets 9 points and setayas only gets 8:confused::confused::confused: yet aromaanne has 10 right in 56 seconds for a score of 944 yet gets 8 points like satayas, very very cockeyed way of scoring

If there's exactly the same score, of the same number right, in the same time, the person who played first is awarded the higher position, and therefore gets more points.

jaysay 24-02-2011 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 886684)
If there's exactly the same score, of the same number right, in the same time, the person who played first is awarded the higher position, and therefore gets more points.

That's a nonsense, so what your saying is that if somebody plays the quiz early every morning he is entitled to more points than some body who can't play while much later in the day but gets exactly the same score, it says how much time is remaining to do the days quiz but for two people to do it in the same time 48 seconds both answering the 10 questions right one should get 9 points and the other 8 just because he does the quiz sooner than the other person come of it G

Barrie Yates 24-02-2011 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 886661)

Early birds and worms???????:D:D:D

garinda 24-02-2011 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 886693)
That's a nonsense, so what your saying is that if somebody plays the quiz early every morning he is entitled to more points than some body who can't play while much later in the day but gets exactly the same score, it says how much time is remaining to do the days quiz but for two people to do it in the same time 48 seconds both answering the 10 questions right one should get 9 points and the other 8 just because he does the quiz sooner than the other person come of it G

That's how it is.

If two people answer the same number of questions correctly, in the same time, the player who went first is given the prime position on the scoreboard, and will therefore be awarded more points.

It happens quite a lot.

I'd have thought you'd have seen it happen before.

jaysay 24-02-2011 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 886765)
That's how it is.

If two people answer the same number of questions correctly, in the same time, the player who went first is given the prime position on the scoreboard, and will therefore be awarded more points.

It happens quite a lot.

I'd have thought you'd have seen it happen before.

Well why was aromaanne given the same points as setayas but took 8 seconds longer:confused::confused::confused:

garinda 24-02-2011 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 886786)
Well why was aromaanne given the same points as setayas but took 8 seconds longer:confused::confused::confused:

It's always been scored like that.

With only the winner getting a unique score of ten points.

The rest are grouped, depending on their time versus correct answer ratio.

I suppose it's done like that because some peoples' games have hundreds playing.

jaysay 25-02-2011 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 886847)
It's always been scored like that.

With only the winner getting a unique score of ten points.

The rest are grouped, depending on their time versus correct answer ratio.

I suppose it's done like that because some peoples' games have hundreds playing.

Well it must be the only quiz that works like that, glad theres no money at stake I think some people would be miffed

Barrie Yates 25-02-2011 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 887049)
Well it must be the only quiz that works like that, glad theres no money at stake I think some people would be miffed

Never been able to work out the scoring Jay, l just have fun and enjoy it. Keeps my declreasing number of grey cells (the few I have left), active.
:D:D:D

garinda 25-02-2011 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 887049)

At least you don't have Anne Robinson winking you off.

jaysay 25-02-2011 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 887172)
Never been able to work out the scoring Jay, l just have fun and enjoy it. Keeps my declreasing number of grey cells (the few I have left), active.
:D:D:D

Well the scoring as always seemed daft to me but when two people have exactly the same score as yourself and Stewart had the other day all ten right in the same time for the same score and one gets 9 and the other 8 is totally bonkers to:confused::confused::confused: as for grey cells I have to sweep them up every night or the place would become a mess:D:D

jaysay 25-02-2011 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 887225)
At least you don't have Anne Robinson winking you off.

Glad your keyboard didn't get stuck with that one G:D:D