Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Games (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f125/)
-   -   forum games,lack of interest (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f125/forum-games-lack-of-interest-61591.html)

alan7554 29-05-2012 05:49

forum games,lack of interest

i cant help but be very dissapointed at the number of members who are not even trying the forum games section,in fact i was the last person to go on there over 2 weeks ago on the towns game and change a letter game,so whats the point of having it on here if no-one now wants to do any of the quizzes,there has been a lot of hard work and time put into these and its all for nowt now,thoughts anyone

Margaret Pilkington 29-05-2012 06:28

Re: forum games,lack of interest

I have, in the past, been a regular contributor of these games, but the change a letter and the Towns game have gone a bit stale....by that, I mean the same answers are coming up.
I have never registered for the Trivia Quiz...you have to get a password and I think you can only play once a day.
It is all about what floats your boat - and how much time you have to spend.
Other quizzes hava always gone down well......the ones that Kate did were very good and had lots of people contributing.

If you want to put some kind of quiz up to test what I am saying, I think you will find plenty of folk are interested.

mobertol 29-05-2012 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 994655)
I have, in the past, been a regular contributor of these games, but the change a letter and the Towns game have gone a bit stale....by that, I mean the same answers are coming up.
I have never registered for the Trivia Quiz...you have to get a password and I think you can only play once a day.
Other quizzes hava always gone down well......the ones that Kate did were very good and had lots of people contributing.

If you want to put some kind of quiz up to test what I am saying, I think you will find plenty of folk are interested.

I agree Margaret - the quizzes Kate put up were always fun and interesting and they attracted a lot of interest from a range of members.
Things do go in phases so maybe there'll be a resurge of interest at some point or if someone thinks up an interesting challenge.

The Trivia Quiz has had a bit of a downturn too over the last couple of months going from 15 regulars to 10 -hopefully some will start to play again as the saying goes: The more the merrier!:)

jaysay 29-05-2012 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 994655)

Thats exactly why I gave up a long time ago Margaret, these change a letter things only have a limited shelf life

walkinman221 29-05-2012 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 994705)
Thats exactly why I gave up a long time ago Margaret, these change a letter things only have a limited shelf life

Yeah that, and most of the words you came up with john, nobody else had heard of:hidewall::D

jaysay 29-05-2012 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkinman221 (Post 994778)
Yeah that, and most of the words you came up with john, nobody else had heard of:hidewall::D

Walls not big enough Dave, I'll get ya at playtime:D

DaveinGermany 29-05-2012 20:07

Can only echo some of the above posts, repetitive use of the same words & as to the towns, seems like some people were just looking through an atlas, I at least tried to accompany the towns I mentioned with a picture I'd taken, to at least show I'd been there.

katex 30-05-2012 18:17

Ok, felt somebody rubbing my lamp :D

Am just going to post a new one, so watch out folks...and stick to the rules ..x

Margaret Pilkington 30-05-2012 18:23

Great stuff Kate........I hope it is something that I know about.
Maybe you need to post the rules when you post the comp......some of us are inclined to forget :)

katex 30-05-2012 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 995035)
Great stuff Kate........I hope it is something that I know about.
Maybe you need to post the rules when you post the comp......some of us are inclined to forget :)

Haha, Margaret, you will find this a doddle, and wishing someone else would post.

Have put the rules in caps. :D

Margaret Pilkington 30-05-2012 20:15

I have really enjoyed this quiz Kate....really stirred up my grey cells.

susie123 30-05-2012 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 995110)
I have really enjoyed this quiz Kate....really stirred up my grey cells.

hear hear, thanks Kate.

garinda 30-05-2012 21:27

Until Katex's quiz is up, I've just hidden a thimble.

jaysay 31-05-2012 09:08

I would have loved to have had a go at Kate's quiz but it seems the night hawks have blitzed it:rolleyes:

susie123 31-05-2012 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 995191)
I would have loved to have had a go at Kate's quiz but it seems the night hawks have blitzed it:rolleyes:

That's a shame John and I am the chief culprit, sorry about that.

I was lucky to be online just as she posted the quiz and once I get the bit between my teeth there's no stopping me.

Perhaps in future Kate should give advance warning and say she is going to post a quiz at such and such a time.

There are still a few questions left unsolved but I think you will need your glasses on to make out the pics.

mobertol 31-05-2012 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 995191)

Only just came on and seen it myself -shame ....was looking forward to Kate coming back and giving us a new quiz:(

Hope there'll be another one soon and glad to see you're feeling better Kate -lovely to have you back!:)

Margaret Pilkington 31-05-2012 11:51

and I was an accomplice(or maybe that should read apprentice - not as quick as Sue) - I wouldn't really call us night hawks though...I'm usually in bed and reading by 10.30.

susie123 31-05-2012 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 995235)
and I was an accomplice(or maybe that should read apprentice - not as quick as Sue) - I wouldn't really call us night hawks though...I'm usually in bed and reading by 10.30.

Kate put the quiz on about 7.30 and I stopped looking at it while the Apprentice (not you Marg!) was on 9-10.30. Then intermittently till about midnight. Yes I am a night hawk (?shouldn't that be nightowl?).

Margaret Pilkington 31-05-2012 12:01

Maybe John sees you as a night hawk....aren't they predatory? :D
You gobbled up all the questions and spat out the answers...I'm impressed!
I thought I had a brain full of useless trivia(and I mean that in the nicest possible way).

susie123 31-05-2012 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 995243)
Maybe John sees you as a night hawk....aren't they predatory? :D
You gobbled up all the questions and spat out the answers...I'm impressed!
I thought I had a brain full of useless trivia(and I mean that in the nicest possible way).

It helps that I have a visual memory - but doesn't help when I can't distinguish an old plane from a double helix!

Margaret Pilkington 31-05-2012 12:30

I have a visual memory too.
In my mock Finals I wrote the answer to a question, that was almost word for word what it said in the text book I had studied.
One of the tutors said that if she had not invigilated the exam herself she would have been suspicious.