Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2011, 15:03   #1561
Full Member+

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Sue, you need to channel your anger and prepare for tomorrows quiz....which I have been informed is : Baseball : Difficult
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-12-2011, 15:13   #1562
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
"Swings and Roundabouts" Sue!
I don't like fairgrounds - rather have a level playing field.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 15:19   #1563
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Sue, you need to channel your anger and prepare for tomorrows quiz....which I have been informed is : Baseball : Difficult
Likely to be "UK" I have noticed that it often is after a stinker!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 15:28   #1564
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Hate them myself - suffering from Vertigo as I do...(I really am a dizzy blonde at times).

The field can be as level as you like but someone will always trip up - usually me!

Sending you some rays over from Italy to boost your game for tomorrow -bright but not as intense as in summer but they may help

Don't want to be accused of having preferences, so am sending some rays for Rindy too as the first place is between you two...
And flowers for all the Trivia players as i'm feeling rather giddy and generous today

(Probably because I've finally put the Xmas tree up and it looks like both sons will be home for Xmas - husband has finally stopped threatening to throw them out!!!)

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 20-12-2011, 15:46   #1565
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Part of my frustration stems from the fact that I got fed up with US culture or lack of it having lived in the States for a year. They think they're so wonderul and everybody else is so quaint - like Queen Elizabeth living in Buckingham Palace.

We apologise for the breakdown - normal service will be resumed...
Old 20-12-2011, 15:48   #1566
Resting In Peace

Thanks for the sunshine Dianne - very grey outside today.

Glad Christmas is happening at last for you - hope it's a good one.
Old 20-12-2011, 16:02   #1567
God Member

Quote:
Thanks for the sunshine Dianne - very grey outside today.

Glad Christmas is happening at last for you - hope it's a good one.
It had better be or there will be hell to pay....!

Have to get some Lamb and a hand-reared Chicken into the oven - out to dinner with one of our vets, his "divorce-lawyer" wife and another couple; he's a Finincial whizz-kid and his wife is a "Signora" (ie. spends what he earns!) - oh, no an evening of "Adult" coversation in Italian......Help!

(Must go and chop the chicken's head off -they leave it on so you can see what it is!)

I can lend you my cleaver if you still feel like decapitating someone after tomorrow's quiz....

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 20-12-2011, 16:11   #1568
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I can lend you my cleaver if you still feel like decapitating someone after tomorrow's quiz....
That's OK we've got one, bought when we had the occasional deer to butcher.

We bought it one day when we were going prison visiting to see a friend who was an inmate and Richard walked into the prison with it in the inside pocket of his Barbour jacket - no searches no questions asked. That was 25 years ago, don't think it would be allowed now...
Old 20-12-2011, 16:21   #1569
Resting In Peace

Rindy posted the following in the quiz shout box: Since none of us are Yanks, we 're all in the same boat

That's not really the point - today there were probably only four questions that most of us could answer and the results should not have to rely on lucky guesses for the rest.

Sorry to go on about this, it obviously doesn't irk the rest of you so much.
Old 20-12-2011, 16:39   #1570
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Er...it is a level playing field.

Since none of us are American.

We used to have a family from Virginia play. Which meant they did have an advantage, when it came to the specifically U.S. based questions.

I don't like sport, but knew the six I got right. My four guesses were all wrong.

Unfortunate, but I'm not going to stamp my size tens.

Let's try and remember what the host site of this quiz is called.

FUN Trivia.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 16:48   #1571
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Rindy posted the following in the quiz shout box: Since none of us are Yanks, we 're all in the same boat

That's not really the point - today there were probably only four questions that most of us could answer and the results should not have to rely on lucky guesses for the rest.

Sorry to go on about this, it obviously doesn't irk the rest of you so much.
Getting 'irked' isn't going to change anything.

I'vr posted umpteen times that the host site is based in the U.S., and the majority of questions, though not all, are submitted by Americans.

These are the facts.

We could all throw our toys out of our prams, but it'll still remain a fact.

It is a level playing field...for all who currently play.

Mobertol and Aromanne have probably the best claim on the quiz not being weighted in their favour, as they aren't American, and as ex-pats, will have little chance of knowing the U.K. specific questions, when it comes to popular culture etc.

Old 20-12-2011, 16:54   #1572
Give, give, give member

Since this as turned into another moany old thread.

Twice this month, because my non dominant hand's started to be affected by Parkinson's now, I hadn't clicked answers I thought I had, which would have meant I'd have won two more days so far.

Boo-hoo.

Poor old me.

Old 20-12-2011, 17:04   #1573
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Since this as turned into another moany old thread.

Twice this month, because my non dominant hand's started to be affected by Parkinson's now, I hadn't clicked answers I thought I had, which would have meant I'd have won two more days so far.

Boo-hoo.

Poor old me.

Excuses, excuses! Don't start thinking you're going to get preferential treatment from me

I actually think players should be penalised for the number of years they've been playing - 5 seconds per year, say -I'm sure you've seen most of the questions before and with your photographic memory know the order of the questions too...

I really don't think you should lump me and mum together -she gets BBC and ITV and a British daily paper so has the advantage over poor little me -it's just not fair, I'm not playing with you lot any more

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 20-12-2011, 17:18   #1574
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Excuses, excuses! Don't start thinking you're going to get preferential treatment from me

I actually think players should be penalised for the number of years they've been playing - 5 seconds per year, say -I'm sure you've seen most of the questions before and with your photographic memory know the order of the questions too...

I really don't think you should lump me and mum together -she gets BBC and ITV and a British daily paper so has the advantage over poor little me -it's just not fair, I'm not playing with you lot any more
I'd never play again, if a handicap resulted in a handicap.

'Twas a joke. Even though it was true.

I stopped playing the A.W. quiz for about two years, when I noticed my hand getting worse.

Now I think sod it, just try your best.

It is just a bit of fun.

Old 20-12-2011, 17:21   #1575
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It is just a bit of fun.
Try telling that to Steve and Walkinman.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..