Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2011, 18:13   #1591
Senior Member+

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Having said that if we were on a rugby pitch that would be a different kettle of fish, then defeat would not be an option
....or on the badminton court!
I've worked out that if I beat you by an average of 1 point a day for the rest of the month then victory will be mine.

Guys, I reckon we're gonna have to learn to live with these Yankie topics, but it does give us something to discuss post-quiz...[/QUOTE]

Correct steve , at the end of the day its just a laugh even if the american questions are crap. You can have the badminton thing though i am not built for that at just a tad over six foot tall and eighteen stone
Accrington Web
Old 20-12-2011, 23:38   #1592
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Rindy posted the following in the quiz shout box: Since none of us are Yanks, we 're all in the same boat

That's not really the point - today there were probably only four questions that most of us could answer and the results should not have to rely on lucky guesses for the rest.

Sorry to go on about this, it obviously doesn't irk the rest of you so much.
Susie It's been the same since most started playing..in the past some players have jacked in the quiz when it has been re-vamped with differing sets of questions.. every now and then players ask or wish for certian catogories but in the end you just can't please everyone.
Now here's what I would like ..music easy or medium , history easy, , UK easy or medium...all this "difficult" stuff is to much like hard work.

Last edited by Mancie; 20-12-2011 at 23:41.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 23:59   #1593
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Susie It's been the same since most started playing..in the past some players have jacked in the quiz when it has been re-vamped with differing sets of questions.. every now and then players ask or wish for certian catogories but in the end you just can't please everyone.
Now here's what I would like ..music easy or medium , history easy, , UK easy or medium...all this "difficult" stuff is to much like hard work.
The quiz mistress doesn't play the quiz. So no one could ever accuse her of weighting the catagories in her favour.

I've occasionally asked the subjects be changed, to prevent boredom, but never suggested what they should be. The element of suprise keeps us on our toes.

Personally I'd like more art, opera, twentieth century American literature, seventies children's TV, and the life and times of the Bloomsbury set, please.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 13:45   #1594
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Personally I'd like more art, opera, twentieth century American literature, seventies children's TV, and the life and times of the Bloomsbury set, please.

Bombed out again today on UK....grumble,grumble! (I get the History, geog stuff but not ads, music and soaps).

Art fine, Opera OK, US literature -no way thanks (spend all my time correcting the spelling and grammar), 70's TV fine, bring on the Bloomsbury's, Inklings and English Lit., Science and nature please, Film and Food and anything about Whodunnit's!

Off into the corner again, for a little weep, with my Dunces hat on

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 13:54   #1595
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
....or on the badminton court!
I've worked out that if I beat you by an average of 1 point a day for the rest of the month then victory will be mine.

Guys, I reckon we're gonna have to learn to live with these Yankie topics, but it does give us something to discuss post-quiz...
Correct steve , at the end of the day its just a laugh even if the american questions are crap. You can have the badminton thing though i am not built for that at just a tad over six foot tall and eighteen stone[/quote]

I'll give you a game of Badminton Steve - used to play many moons ago. My mum was a very good player in her youth...

As to Rugby, Dave, I think you should meet up with Rindy -sounds like you're pretty much the same build -could be an interesting match -i think he could turn out to be very agressive though

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 21-12-2011, 15:46   #1596
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post

As to Rugby, Dave, I think you should meet up with Rindy -sounds like you're pretty much the same build -could be an interesting match -i think he could turn out to be very agressive though
Aggresive? Nah.

Just sturdy.

Though I remain undeafeated at British Bulldog, and am unlikey to be blown over by a sudden gust of wind.

Interesting U.K. fact of the day.

Andrew Neil was editor of the Sunday Times 1983-94.

He famously had an affair with a Commons researcher, and part time harlot, Pamella (pronounced Pam-ella) Bordes.

He dies his Brillo pad type hair, and now presents politics show, This Week, which follows Question Time. Which incidentally is presented by David Dimbleby, who doesn't wear a natty bowtie.

Give, give, give.

Soon have you up to speed, about what's happened in Britain, in the last four decades.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 17:49   #1597
Senior Member+

Aggression is what is needed on the rugby pitch , but focused in the correct way of course. British bulldogs eh those were the days i even had hair then 10 on the quiz today but time to slow again, never mind did enough to stay ahead of steve
Old 22-12-2011, 14:38   #1598
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Interesting U.K. fact of the day.

Andrew Neil was editor of the Sunday Times 1983-94.

He famously had an affair with a Commons researcher, and part time harlot, Pamella (pronounced Pam-ella) Bordes.

He dies his Brillo pad type hair, and now presents politics show, This Week, which follows Question Time. Which incidentally is presented by David Dimbleby, who doesn't wear a natty bowtie.

Give, give, give.

Soon have you up to speed, about what's happened in Britain, in the last four decades.

Have copied it all down in my new note-book (not my ACER!).

Being an old-fashioned sort of girl I find I memorise things better when I write them by hand. Have divided it into categories: Gossip, Soaps, Girl/Boy bands, Politics, Media, TV commedies, Slang etc...you know how much I like to make lists.

I am using my 37yr old Waterman cartridge pen with Royal blue ink which has never let me down in exams.

Blooper and Chav are my first slang entries...

Just to give back a little -Borde is a spanish word with many different meanings among them: Edgy, Illegitimate and Border. In Italian the word is Bordo -it doesn't take a massive leap of the imagination to get to Bordello which somehow seems appropriate for Pamella

What is Channel 4 by the way?

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 22-12-2011, 14:55   #1599
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
10 on the quiz today but time to slow again, never mind did enough to stay ahead of steve
Well after my masterly 4 yesterday on UK, managed to get 10 today in just a minute - still only 5th though as I'm no speed merchant.

Probably because I have worn myself out shopping for pressies till I dropped today. About 150euros an hour and I set off early!

Was undecided about two cute pairs of ankle boots (to go with a rather lovely blue knitted dress with lovely lacey detail at the neck, sleeve and hem which I found) and ended up buying both. Just need a large black brolley to go with the black lace-up ones and I'll be able to fly off over the chimney tops.

Butcher, fishmonger and hairdresser tomorrow and then I'm not going out till after Boxing day so i can continue my Trivial Studies in earnest.

How Norwich Stanley got 10 in 32 secs today is beyond me...does anyone do lessons in Mouse control?

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 22-12-2011, 16:07   #1600
Full Member+

[quote=mobertol;957632]Well after my masterly 4 yesterday on UK, managed to get 10 today in just a minute - still only 5th though as I'm no speed merchant.
Well done, Dianne.
I got what I thought was a respectable 9 correct then five of you go and get 10....!
As long as Dave only manages 7 or 8
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 19:30   #1601
Senior Member+

Yes steve managed 8 but beechy has pushed you down a place in the overall standings its all about the average throughout the month it seems.
Old 22-12-2011, 19:33   #1602
God Member

Goodness, Micmacc has got 10 in 29 secs - whew!

How on earth.....

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 22-12-2011, 19:56   #1603
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Goodness, Micmacc has got 10 in 29 secs - whew!

How on earth.....
I've said it before, they're cyborgs!

Dave, good result yesterday - you've increased your lead...think I need another Religion : Bible Trivia day if I'm gonna leapfrog you!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 20:03   #1604
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
I've said it before, they're cyborgs!

Dave, good result yesterday - you've increased your lead...think I need another Religion : Bible Trivia day if I'm gonna leapfrog you!
Yeah but who's to say i haven't been swotting up on religion my child
Old 22-12-2011, 20:10   #1605
God Member

I have a nasty feeling it's going to be Sport again....

Just to put me back in my place after my euphoric 10 of today

~ D. H. Lawrence

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..