Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2011, 22:39   #1606
Give, give, give member

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Have copied it all down in my new note-book (not my ACER!).

Being an old-fashioned sort of girl I find I memorise things better when I write them by hand. Have divided it into categories: Gossip, Soaps, Girl/Boy bands, Politics, Media, TV commedies, Slang etc...you know how much I like to make lists.

I am using my 37yr old Waterman cartridge pen with Royal blue ink which has never let me down in exams.

Blooper and Chav are my first slang entries...

Just to give back a little -Borde is a spanish word with many different meanings among them: Edgy, Illegitimate and Border. In Italian the word is Bordo -it doesn't take a massive leap of the imagination to get to Bordello which somehow seems appropriate for Pamella

What is Channel 4 by the way?
Come, come.

You know what Channel 4 is.

You're pulling my leg.

You were studying in Liverpool when Brookside was first broadcast on it.

Weren't ya Queen?

Today's titbit.

About the time you left Britain Neighbours was an Australian soap, broadcast before the BBC 1 evening news, in a traditional children's slot.

Two actors in it, Kylie Minogue, and Jason Donovan, went on to have great chart sucesss as pop singers, in the late eighties.

In 1992 Jason sued The Face, a trend magazine, who said he was secretly gay. He won the case, as he isn't gay, but his career never really recovered after this, for many years. Unilke Ms. Minogue, who still has a successful career, as a singer.

Jason Donovan came third in this year's Strictly Come Dancing final.

My friend, Julien Macdonald has made most of Kylie Minogue's tour costumes, as well as some other memorable outfits.

(Probably wont be asked in a quiz. I once said Kylie was as small as a little doll, at one of Julien's parties, and then tapped her a little too hard...and she fell off the sofa.)

(Photo of Julien and Kylie, in a dress he designed, which was also famously worn by Victoria Beckham - Spice Girl and head WAG, Naomi Campbell - Black British supermodel, bad rep, but I got on with her, and Joely Richardson - actress daughter of Vanessa Redgrave, and film director Tony Richardson.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Julien.jpg (32.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg he0615s52.jpg (24.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg article-1296957-06523D8C0000044D-918_468x367.jpg (41.1 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by garinda; 22-12-2011 at 22:41.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-12-2011, 22:47   #1607
Give, give, give member

No more details I'm afraid. In case I'm accused of name dropping again.

Otherwise I'd say which Rolling Stone, and his model daughter, were sat on the same sofa as Kylie, and said I was drunk...which I wasn't. I was tipsy.

Old 22-12-2011, 23:16   #1608

Kylie pulls it off better than anybody, In My Eyes
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 14:44   #1609
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Think i need another Religion : Bible Trivia day if I'm gonna leapfrog you!
Nope Steve -a Difficult Music day was what you got and it seems to have suited you! Well done - mind you I got 5 which wasn't bad all things considered!

Shame there were no questions about Nirvana, Korn and Slipknot -much more up my street

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 14:53   #1610
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Come, come.

You know what Channel 4 is.

You're pulling my leg.

You were studying in Liverpool when Brookside was first broadcast on it.

Weren't ya Queen?

Ahm norr'avin you on Garyluv...deffo!

Ad other Scousers on mi maind back then...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 23-12-2011, 15:13   #1611
God Member

Quote:

My friend, Julien Macdonald has made most of Kylie Minogue's tour costumes, as well as some other memorable outfits.

(Probably wont be asked in a quiz. I once said Kylie was as small as a little doll, at one of Julien's parties, and then tapped her a little too hard...and she fell off the sofa.)

(Photo of Julien and Kylie, in a dress he designed, which was also famously worn by Victoria Beckham - Spice Girl and head WAG, Naomi Campbell - Black British supermodel, bad rep, but I got on with her, and Joely Richardson - actress daughter of Vanessa Redgrave, and film director Tony Richardson.)
Made copious notes and have also looked up Julien MacDonald to add him to my "Glitterati" page. Thought he might have been your connection to Glasgow but i see he's from Merthyr Tydfil of all places

I remember that dress -she looks a knockout in it - pint-sized she may be but she is a concentrate of energy, fun and sexiness, with a great voice even if the songs aren't my genre! Did you get "done" for assault?

I do know who Ms Campbell is -her mother is more beautiful than she is. She had a rather well-pubblicised affair with a certain Italian Millionaire -a Mr Briatore who has a very famous night-club on the Costa Smeralda for VIP's only called The Millionaire.

My favourite British actress was the lovely Natasha Richardson -a real English rose. I have Video of a very early Colin Firth, Ken Brannagh film called A Month in The Country which she is in, set after the Great War in Yorkshire. It's a must see if you don't know it, based on a brilliant book by J.L. Carr whih i can also recommend if you've never read it.

Lessons at school were not as interesting as my Trivia course with you

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 23-12-2011, 16:00   #1612
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Made copious notes and have also looked up Julien MacDonald to add him to my "Glitterati" page. Thought he might have been your connection to Glasgow but i see he's from Merthyr Tydfil of all places

I remember that dress -she looks a knockout in it - pint-sized she may be but she is a concentrate of energy, fun and sexiness, with a great voice even if the songs aren't my genre! Did you get "done" for assault?

I do know who Ms Campbell is -her mother is more beautiful than she is. She had a rather well-pubblicised affair with a certain Italian Millionaire -a Mr Briatore who has a very famous night-club on the Costa Smeralda for VIP's only called The Millionaire.

My favourite British actress was the lovely Natasha Richardson -a real English rose. I have Video of a very early Colin Firth, Ken Brannagh film called A Month in The Country which she is in, set after the Great War in Yorkshire. It's a must see if you don't know it, based on a brilliant book by J.L. Carr whih i can also recommend if you've never read it.

Lessons at school were not as interesting as my Trivia course with you
Julien and I met on holiday.

I actually introduced him into to my glittering circle, at the time.

As he was then relatively unknown, and had just finished working for Chanel, and was just about to set up his own label.

He reminded me of a little, sparkly Ruth Madoc.

Most people know him today as the bitchy head judge, on Britain's Next Model.

He's not bitchy in real life.

I just taught him well.

Today's missing trivia titbit.

John Major, Prime Minister after Thatcher was ousted, until 1997.

Known as the grey man of politics.

Portrayed by political commentators as being the sort to have his vest tucked into his Y-fronts.

Born Brixton. Family were circus performers, and then garden gnome manufacturers.

Wife Norma - wrote biography about Dame Joan Sutherland.

Major famously had an affair, brought to light after his term as P.M., with Edwina Curry - known as Eggwina, as she was Health Minister in 1988, and caused outrage, claiming British eggs were all infected with salmonella.

Major's son James was briefly married to glamour model Emma Noble.

Can I please have a little moan now?

About the plethora of middle of the road, crappy American music in today's quiz.

Thank you.

Old 23-12-2011, 16:05   #1613
God Member

Quote:
Can I please have a little moan now?

About the plethora of middle of the road, crappy American music in today's quiz.

Thank you.

Agreed - even Steve only managed 6 and he's glued to his guitar and is something of an expert...

Fashion and Design tomorrow - Difficult
Watch out for Sue though she was a dress-maker for many years..

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 23-12-2011, 16:11   #1614
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Agreed - even Steve only managed 6 and he's glued to his guitar and is something of an expert...

Fashion and Design tomorrow - Difficult
Watch out for Sue though she was a dress-maker for many years..

No chance.

Unless she knows Elsa Schiaparelli's shoe size.

Old 23-12-2011, 16:15   #1615
God Member

Quote:
Julien and I met on holiday.

I actually introduced him into to my glittering circle, at the time.

As he was then relatively unknown, and had just finished working for Chanel, and was just about to set up his own label.

He reminded me of a little, sparkly Ruth Madoc.

Most people know him today as the bitchy head judge, on Britain's Next Model.

He's not bitchy in real life.

I just taught him well.

Hi de hi! So he really is from Welsh-Wales then!

He doesn't look much taller than Kylie in the photo -you must have been like Little and Large!

Will put you first in my "Glitterati" page - if you were his muse

Need more gossip though....will arrange a flight for next week then I can come and interrogate you further. In the meantime I'll keep studying -a Maestro such as yourself deserves an attentive pupil!

I do remember at one time that you were particularly good at giving corporal punishment -must make sure I don't slip up!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 23-12-2011, 16:21   #1616
Give, give, give member

Quote:

He doesn't look much taller than Kylie in the photo -you must have been like Little and Large!

Need more gossip though....will arrange a flight for next week then I can come and interrogate you further. In the meantime I'll keep studying -a Maestro such as yourself deserves an attentive pupil!

I do remember at one time that you were particularly good at giving corporal punishment -must make sure I don't slip up!
I was his muse really, for a few years.

I introduced Taffy Duck to London's great and good.

We also did some work together. His prints for Pucci, made into traditional Jermyn St. shirts.

It was through him that we got the Beckhams, and a lot of free publicity....and I got a raise.

Worked out well all round.

Old 23-12-2011, 16:24   #1617
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Oh the best gossip's being kept for the book.

Only to be published after all those concerned have safely been reincarnated...into other people, who can't then sue.

Old 23-12-2011, 17:44   #1618
Senior Member+

Six today same as steve but slower time, as for rindys photos all i can say is hubba hubba hubba.
Old 24-12-2011, 07:07   #1619
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Six today same as steve
Seems you two might be getting close in more ways than one

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 24-12-2011, 07:23   #1620
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Seems you two might be getting close in more ways than one
Quizmance.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..