Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2011, 20:56   #1636
Give, give, give member

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Perhaps we should start a sweepstake on who the winner will be
I already predicted Susie will win.

So I'll probably will that, at least.

I'm not giving up without a fight.

Though shooting myself in the foot today, didn't help.

Am hoping there's more obscure Americana again this week.

The catagories that inspire out the moaning.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-12-2011, 22:49   #1637
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I already predicted Susie will win.

So I'll probably will that, at least.

I'm not giving up without a fight.

Though shooting myself in the foot today, didn't help.

I have already said I think you'll bounce back tomorrow.

No disrespect to Sue -even though I may have started the whole thing about a woman winning...

My money is still on you -so you'd better win as i ain't got much to spare

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2011, 23:12   #1638
God Member

Of course I could bet on myself being last - but that would probably be illegal...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 27-12-2011, 09:01   #1639
God Member

Great start to the week - my worst ever score an amazing "1".

Sue's favourite US sports - good luck, think it will be an interestingly Trivial day

Rindy is winning so far with a prefect score of 3!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 27-12-2011, 09:58   #1640

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Cant see anybody getting more than five today,i knew two and guessed correctly one out of eight...but good luck everybody!
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 10:32   #1641
Full Member+

Has anyone ever got zero correct answers?
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 10:56   #1642

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Has anyone ever got zero correct answers?
Yep
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 11:06   #1643
Senior Member+

4 good guesses today
Old 27-12-2011, 11:30   #1644
Resting In Peace

From the sublime to the ridiculous again today: one I knew and two correct guesses.

There has to be a better way of separating the sheep from the goats than perect scores one day and guesses the next...
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 11:38   #1645
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
From the sublime to the ridiculous again today: one I knew and two correct guesses.

There has to be a better way of separating the sheep from the goats than perect scores one day and guesses the next...
Am I a sheep or a goat, I wonder?
I do have a beard now but I hope I'm just an unlucky sheep.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 11:39   #1646
Resting In Peace

Quote:
My money is still on you -so you'd better win as i ain't got much to spare
Not surprised as you confessed to spending 150 euros an hour on your Christmas shopping day last week.

Don't think I've ever spent £150 in total on Christmas presents in a year. Until recently we didn't have that much to spare and eventually I stopped buying altogether. Nobody seemed to mind.

Does it make it easier and/or more pleasurable to buy gifts if you have an unlimited budget or does the constraint of not being able to splash the cash focus the mind?
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 15:18   #1647
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Am I a sheep or a goat, I wonder?
I do have a beard now but I hope I'm just an unlucky sheep.
Same here Steve (without the beard in my case!)

By the laws of statistics the minimum should be 3 if you actually know one of the answers (which we did), as 25% of 9 questions on a multiple choice of 4 answers is just over 2 guestimates being right.

Means we are just unlucky i reckon -but then I always am when i guess on this quiz.

Some are born lucky perhaps -they have a saying in Italy though which may give you a boost "Sfortunato al gioco, fortunato in amore" -basically if you don't have luck in games you'll be lucky in love, which is probably better anyway

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 27-12-2011, 15:39   #1648
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Not surprised as you confessed to spending 150 euros an hour on your Christmas shopping day last week.

Does it make it easier and/or more pleasurable to buy gifts if you have an unlimited budget or does the constraint of not being able to splash the cash focus the mind?
It's easily done when you leave everything to the last minute and do a 2 week food shop for a family of four. That plus presents for myself, 2 sons, 1 son's girlfriend and a husband. One big present each plus some books and bits for the boys and a new dress and boots for me. Oh, and cash was not splashed as everything i bought was useful

It is very pleasureable to shop and buy gifts at any time -i love thinking of little things that people will appreciate. Actually the present I bought for myself -my perfume which had just run out after 2 years, ended up going to son's girlfriend as he has no money being unemployed and told me on Xmas Eve that he hadn't got anything to give her...he was thinking of getting her something with the money my mum was giving him for Xmas!

Anyhow back to the Trivia quiz -time to work out the odds on the top 5 players and start the betting

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 27-12-2011, 15:45   #1649
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

Well, you certainly got that right today -actually i laughed when I got 1 because i took so long over it -should have just done a lucky dip and would have come out better. No moaning just dumfounded i think...

I've been trying to remember what we got after the last stinker on US sport -maybe it was Music. It's a while ago now and my memory isn't that good better luck for us all tomorrow maybe.

~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by mobertol; 27-12-2011 at 15:49.
Old 27-12-2011, 15:50   #1650
God Member

Quote:
. It's a while ago now and my memory isn't that good better luck for us all tomorrow maybe.
Just had a thought -it may have been another "effing" UK day...will have to prepare for the worse

~ D. H. Lawrence

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..