Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2011, 16:17   #1651
Resting In Peace

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
I've been trying to remember what we got after the last stinker on US sport -maybe it was Music. It's a while ago now and my memory isn't that good better luck for us all tomorrow maybe.
If we've got to have US questions why not history and geog etc as well as sport? We've had stinking sport twice this month, also bible trivia.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-12-2011, 16:19   #1652
Senior Member+

Keep plodding on dianne thats all we can do , i have to win my personal battle with steve though
Old 27-12-2011, 16:19   #1653
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Am I a sheep or a goat, I wonder?
I do have a beard now but I hope I'm just an unlucky sheep.
And what is wrong with goats? I had five at one time, very nice animals. Far more personality than sheep, we used to take them for walks.
Old 27-12-2011, 16:36   #1654
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
If we've got to have US questions why not history and geog etc as well as sport? We've had stinking sport twice this month, also bible trivia.
We have had History and Geog too this month if I'm not mistaken. Sport twice deffo, and the UK about 3 times, Science once right at the beginning(remember because it's the only day I've won).

Perhaps I'll start noting it in a diary just to see if there is a pattern or if they are randomly chosen. Mixed bag trivia we've also had a few times -all in all we shouldn't complain as we have had a fair amount of variety and I don't think any one player is being catered for.

I've been knocked back a peg or two every time I exult about getting 10 or doing well - it certainly keeps me on my toes and provides me with a few wry smiles, laughs and tears. At the end of the day it is supposed to be Trivial after all -of little or no consequence

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 16:41   #1655
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Keep plodding on dianne thats all we can do , i have to win my personal battle with steve though
It's neck and neck between you two - a real tug of war.

Is there a prize hanging on the outcome i wonder...

I think you pass into the lead after today in your personal battle.

I have decided not to play in the morning again if i can help it as it's always a disaster -don't seem to have the speed or concentration.

I have always been more of a night owl

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 27-12-2011, 16:43   #1656
God Member

Quote:
And what is wrong with goats? I had five at one time, very nice animals. Far more personality than sheep, we used to take them for walks.
I'm sure they are nice Heidi -did you have one called Snowflake?

I personally can't stand the smell of them and Goat's cheese makes me physically sick

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 27-12-2011, 16:47   #1657
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I'm sure they are nice Heidi -did you have one called Snowflake?

I personally can't stand the smell of them and Goat's cheese makes me physically sick
Debbie, Poppy, Primrose, Violet and Cicely - and female goats don't smell - but the car did after we brought one back from being served by the billy!
Old 27-12-2011, 16:50   #1658
Resting In Peace

Quote:
We have had History and Geog too this month if I'm not mistaken. Sport twice deffo, and the UK about 3 times, Science once right at the beginning(remember because it's the only day I've won).

Perhaps I'll start noting it in a diary just to see if there is a pattern or if they are randomly chosen. Mixed bag trivia we've also had a few times -all in all we shouldn't complain as we have had a fair amount of variety and I don't think any one player is being catered for.

I've been knocked back a peg or two every time I exult about getting 10 or doing well - it certainly keeps me on my toes and provides me with a few wry smiles, laughs and tears. At the end of the day it is supposed to be Trivial after all -of little or no consequence
Yes we have had history and geog but my point is there are not as many US biased questions in those as there are in the sport ones.
Old 27-12-2011, 17:03   #1659
God Member

Nothing we can do about it - it's been pointed out time and again by Rindy that the host site is in the US, there is no bias towards anyone and we are all in the same boat.

We just have to take what they throw at us and make the best of it!

A British stiff upper lip is the best deffence in the face of adversity

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 27-12-2011, 17:07   #1660
Full Member+

Quote:
Nothing wrong with goats it's just that it sounds like you think sheep are better at quizzes so I'd rather be one of those!!....and you're right "we don't need no more stinking sports quizzes"!!

Dave, I reckon you've already won our duel, Religion was the final nail in my coffin!! But next month will be a different story!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 17:23   #1661
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Nothing wrong with goats it's just that it sounds like you think sheep are better at quizzes so I'd rather be one of those!!....and you're right "we don't need no more stinking sports quizzes"!!

Dave, I reckon you've already won our duel, Religion was the final nail in my coffin!! But next month will be a different story!
Sheep are better at quizzes? no, goats are far more intelligent!

It's in the bible, Matthew's gospel. From the WWW:

Both sheep and goats were valuable farm animals in ancient Palestine. The verses in Matthew use the commonplace Christian imagery that portrays them in very different lights. Sheep are depicted as the meek and gentle followers of Christ (the Lamb of God) and goats as unruly and coarse outcasts, who are otherwise castigated as scapegoats and widely used as the basis of portraits of Satan.

Maybe you had better be a sheep after all...
Old 27-12-2011, 19:09   #1662
Senior Member+

Quote:

Bring it on, i love a good challenge.It is quite addictive this quizzing though innit
Old 27-12-2011, 21:26   #1663
God Member

Don't throw in the towel yet Steve -still 4 days to go -anything can happen!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 27-12-2011, 21:53   #1664
Senior Member+

Quote:
Don't throw in the towel yet Steve -still 4 days to go -anything can happen!
Oi you thats favoritism i would prefer it if all outsiders to our little battle remained impartial.
Old 27-12-2011, 22:10   #1665
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Oi you thats favoritism i would prefer it if all outsiders to our little battle remained impartial.
No Dave, I think it's called pity!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..