Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2011, 23:54   #1666
Junior Member+

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Steve as a relatively new member to the quiz you are too too clever and I am now further down the leader board than I like due to you and susie!!!!Well done to you seriously, you have made the quiz more challenging but the questions are a bit obscure AT TIMES but its jolly good to have more people on it as the presidence of the usual winners has been reduced and the addition of totally obscure american questions have made it more uncertain.Ivé been playing for years and even though I groan and moan, I still keep playing!!!!-- Originally joined about 2006 I think!

Last edited by Callaoanne; 27-12-2011 at 23:56. Reason: Clarifying my joining date
Callaoanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-12-2011, 07:00   #1667
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaoanne View Post
Steve as a relatively new member to the quiz you are too too clever and I am now further down the leader board than I like due to you and susie!!!!Well done to you seriously, you have made the quiz more challenging but the questions are a bit obscure AT TIMES but its jolly good to have more people on it as the presidence of the usual winners has been reduced and the addition of totally obscure american questions have made it more uncertain.Ivé been playing for years and even though I groan and moan, I still keep playing!!!!-- Originally joined about 2006 I think!
Callaoanne is Aromaanne on the Quiz-her old username.

Think you are beating me mum this month anyway if that's any consolation

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 07:04   #1668
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Oi you thats favoritism i would prefer it if all outsiders to our little battle remained impartial.
No favourites Dave, honest

Just want to keep your struggle alive till the last breathe!

Just had a peep -UK today so should be a better day for most -i'm waiting till later to do it so i don't spoil the start of my day

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 28-12-2011, 08:42   #1669
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Just had a peep -UK today so should be a better day for most -i'm waiting till later to do it so i don't spoil the start of my day
Should have waited longer -5 out of 10. All guesses wrong - call me "Lucky"!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 28-12-2011, 15:10   #1670
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaoanne View Post
Thanks for your words support, Anne. I don't set my sights too high but would like to win just once a month (think we're the only ones who haven't in December)...I'm just not fast enough...yet!!
Even when I know the answer to every question and answer without hesitating, I can still be 20secs slower than some of the others.
...I'll keep trying.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 15:24   #1671
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
...I'll keep trying.
That's the spirit Steve - same here.

You are doing really well actually -have knocked me well down the table these last 2 months.

As to your personal challenge with Dave -keep going it's good to have a goal!

At the top today, i think Rindy will pass into the lead again - an epic battle.

It will all be down to the last click on the last day of the year, methinks

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 28-12-2011, 16:30   #1672
God Member

Thanks for the Karma Sue -getting 1 has had some profit then!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 28-12-2011, 17:41   #1673
Full Member+

Quote:
That's the spirit Steve - same here.

You are doing really well actually -have knocked me well down the table these last 2 months.

As to your personal challenge with Dave -keep going it's good to have a goal!

At the top today, i think Rindy will pass into the lead again - an epic battle.

It will all be down to the last click on the last day of the year, methinks
Love the way you've put that, Dianne:
Sue and Gary are engaged in an Epic Battle (like at the end of The Lord of the Rings) whilst with Dave and me it's just a personal challenge...!!
Old 29-12-2011, 07:55   #1674
God Member

Quote:
Love the way you've put that, Dianne:
Sue and Gary are engaged in an Epic Battle (like at the end of The Lord of the Rings) whilst with Dave and me it's just a personal challenge...!!
Equally "Epic" Steve -within every great saga there are personal demons to be fought!-
Best of luck for today - i'm leaving it till later again don't know what difference it makes (s*d all apparently!)

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 29-12-2011, 09:02   #1675
Full Member+

Quote:
Equally "Epic" Steve -within every great saga there are personal demons to be fought!-
Best of luck for today - i'm leaving it till later again don't know what difference it makes (s*d all apparently!)
Yes it is equally "Epic" and Dave is the Dark Lord!!
Old 29-12-2011, 14:27   #1676
God Member

Quote:
Yes it is equally "Epic" and Dave is the Dark Lord!!
Don't get me started on The Lord of the Rings -well you asked for it!

Dave -Sauron, The Dark Lord, as nominated by you (I suspect Garinda would have preferred this role if he had the choice)

You - Aragorn -I believe you said you have a beard at the moment

Garinda - Gandalf/Saruman -a magician undoubtedly but White or Grey depending on his good cop/bad cop days.

Sue - hard one this but I think she could be Gimli, corageous etc but does grumble a bit from time to time

I like to think of myself as Galadriel -but then I would, wouldn't I?

Quite a few protagonists missing -any thoughts about who is who?

(Sorry but I do come up with a load of rubbish at times, over-fertile imagination!)

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 29-12-2011, 14:53   #1677
Full Member+

Like it!....but not sure Sue will be too pleased at being portrayed as a dwarf, haha!
Old 29-12-2011, 14:59   #1678
Senior Member+

The dark lord got 9 today not bad and keeps my nose in front of aragorn
Old 29-12-2011, 15:06   #1679
Senior Member+

Hope you like my avatar pic dianne
Old 29-12-2011, 15:08   #1680
God Member

Quote:
Like it!....but not sure Sue will be too pleased at being portrayed as a dwarf, haha!
It was the fact that she has had the odd grumble that decided me - nothing personal Sue!

Perhaps she would like to be a more active figure like Legolas or see's herself as Frodo, Sam or Pippin. No doubt she'll let us know

My favourite character is undoubtedly Boromir as he is the most human. (Shame he gets killed off -the only one of The Company to die. Sean Bean plays him wonderfully in the film)

~ D. H. Lawrence

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..