Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2011, 20:17   #1696
Senior Member+

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
TMI Dave -must be difficult shaving with all that armour!
Not to bad but your razor soon gets blunt
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2011, 09:35   #1697
Full Member+

Quote:
Never tried those role playing Dungeons and Dragons games -my sons were fans once over.

LOTR is quite hard-going as a read -gets bogged down at times but is a truly epic saga of heroism. Had a dog called Bilbo 20 yrs ago!

Seems we agree about Boromir, Steve - he knows his own limitations and is a truly heroic figure for this reason -most human and fallible.

Would probably have tried to cheat at the Trivia quiz but then would have bowed out honourably!

TLTWATW (1st in the Narnia series!)was a magical read as a child and still holds it's own now - have a thing about Turkish Delight because of it. Would be the White Witch in this case
Think those pesky hobbits might cheat but Boromir would be far too honourable.

Too many classical and opera questions for me today but I might be able to close the gap on Dave....but is it too late?

Almost neck and neck at the top....!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 10:57   #1698
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Think those pesky hobbits might cheat but Boromir would be far too honourable.

Too many classical and opera questions for me today but I might be able to close the gap on Dave....but is it too late?

Almost neck and neck at the top....!
Whaddya mean Steve too much opera/classical? Two opera one classical, admittedly hard but then I have to suffer all this pop rubbish!

Surprised myself today, couldn't believe it when ten green ticks came up! A few guesses but not bad on the whole.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 11:19   #1699
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Whaddya mean Steve too much opera/classical? Two opera one classical, admittedly hard but then I have to suffer all this pop rubbish!

Surprised myself today, couldn't believe it when ten green ticks came up! A few guesses but not bad on the whole.
One is too many when the extent of your classical music knowledge is the theme from the Lone Ranger - "William Tell Overture" by Rossini...(one day that question will come up and I'll be ready!!)

Your score today won't be beaten I'm sure. So unless you make an almighty cock-up tomorrow, December is yours for the taking!!
Old 30-12-2011, 11:31   #1700
Resting In Peace

Quote:
One is too many when the extent of your classical music knowledge is the theme from the Lone Ranger - "William Tell Overture" by Rossini...(one day that question will come up and I'll be ready!!)

Your score today won't be beaten I'm sure. So unless you make an almighty cock-up tomorrow, December is yours for the taking!!
Thanks Steve but keep up the pep talks, there's still one day to go. I'm not relaxing yet and it ain't over till the fat lady sings - and that won't be me.
Old 30-12-2011, 13:00   #1701
God Member

Quote:
I think that if no-one else comes inbetween Sue and Rindy today they will be on exactly the same points so that means it would be all down to tomorrow -a real nail-biter till the end.

Wish i had a better memory -I'm trying to remember what came after Difficult Music last time

Will read back through the thread there may be some clues!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 13:17   #1702
God Member

Quote:
I think that if no-one else comes inbetween Sue and Rindy today they will be on exactly the same points so that means it would be all down to tomorrow -a real nail-biter till the end.

Wish i had a better memory -I'm trying to remember what came after Difficult Music last time

Anyone remember what the topic was on Xmas Eve?

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 30-12-2011, 13:27   #1703
Full Member+

Quote:
Anyone remember what the topic was on Xmas Eve?
Not sure but I got 8/10 so have a feeling it might have been Literature I seem to recall doing well at that one.
Do you think there's a pattern to the topics? I know Sunday always seems to be Bible day!
Old 30-12-2011, 13:29   #1704
Resting In Peace

Quote:

Think Di's got her sums wrong. If no one else comes in between today I will be four points ahead tomorrow...
Old 30-12-2011, 13:42   #1705
God Member

Quote:
Think Di's got her sums wrong. If no one else comes in between today I will be four points ahead tomorrow...
You're right Sue, just checked.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 30-12-2011, 13:44   #1706
God Member

Quote:
Not sure but I got 8/10 so have a feeling it might have been Literature I seem to recall doing well at that one.
Do you think there's a pattern to the topics? I know Sunday always seems to be Bible day!
I have been trying to work out if there's some kind of pattern. Not that it would make any difference.

Memory terrible, keep meaning to write down the days topic and then forget

I have a suspicion it may be Literature tomorrow -just a gut feeling.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 30-12-2011, 13:47   #1707
Full Member+

Quote:
That's a Paddock House education for you!
Old 30-12-2011, 13:53   #1708
Resting In Peace

For those who doubt my credentials as a dwarf (see yesterday's musings on Lord of the Rings) I attach a couple of pics to show my lack of stature. Both are from the 1990s but I haven't grown since (probably shrunk!).

One shows me dwarfed (!) by a 10ft-ish Scotch thistle in my garden in Wiltshire, in the other I am with my pub quiz team in Salisbury on presentation night. I'm the shortass on the end. Those were the days!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Thistle.jpg (41.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Quiz.jpg (44.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 30-12-2011, 13:55   #1709
God Member

See what you mean Sue -and that is some weed!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 30-12-2011, 14:00   #1710
Full Member+

Quote:
For those who doubt my credentials as a dwarf (see yesterday's musings on Lord of the Rings) I attach a couple of pics to show my lack of stature. Both are from the 1990s but I haven't grown since (probably shrunk!).

One shows me dwarfed (!) by a 10ft-ish Scotch thistle in my garden in Wiltshire, in the other I am with my pub quiz team in Salisbury on presentation night. I'm the shortass on the end. Those were the days!
Beneath that thistle you look like one of the Borrowers!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..