Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2006, 14:43   #181
Give, give, give member

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Will next month's competition just be music questions, or can we go back to a more varied set?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2006, 14:46   #182
I am Banned

Its been varied set as best it can be this month just theres no point when its clicking over shortly to new month but if the majority see it as a problem then i shall dutifully put match sticks to prop my eyes open during the night whereas saturday or tommorow will be later nights for me & will get more in swing of producing various set q's for you.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 14:46   #183
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Will next month's competition just be music questions, or can we go back to a more varied set?
Thats thats lame for excuse of the month award hehehehehe
Old 28-09-2006, 14:50   #184
Give, give, give member

I'm not making excuses, I'll use my week's holiday for not being in the top ten this month, lol.

No, its just when AW was down we had general knowledge questions as well, but now it seems to be music everyday. Is that just the way it happens, or will it always be a music quiz from now on?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 15:37   #185
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I'm not making excuses, I'll use my week's holiday for not being in the top ten this month, lol.

No, its just when AW was down we had general knowledge questions as well, but now it seems to be music everyday. Is that just the way it happens, or will it always be a music quiz from now on?
Nope its only been music quiz about a week so hardly constitutes everyday for now on - its depends on the amount of questions it has on its database rota - music quiz is a big database as is general knowledge, it was general knowledge harder when u was on hols week before easy & mixed bag. The questions will be changed at intervals depending on size as to when it turns over when appropiate so gives everyone a chance to do well on the quiz & do better altho the questions are different but on the music topic atm & will change this weekend.....

Last edited by accymel; 28-09-2006 at 15:39.
Old 28-09-2006, 16:34   #186
God Member

There is something seriously wrong with this quiz today ...... about 4 of them I couldn't answer cos there were no Choices....... and then when submitted it came up with a HUGE error

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 17:27   #187
Yank in King Art's Court!

With music questions seems my wife (Cinnyose) and Daughter (Annello) have had some of the same questions each time. I have yet to have such luck. Did find the mixed bag the most varied and challenging. Just my thoughts!

Oh yeah, how bought Karma in descending order for top ten, seeing as there's close to 50 having played. Again just a thought (although a bit self-gratifying if I can hold!)

Ya done great accymel!

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 18:14   #188
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
There is something seriously wrong with this quiz today ...... about 4 of them I couldn't answer cos there were no Choices....... and then when submitted it came up with a HUGE error
Sorry Slinks theres nowt i can do about it im afraid i do not run the site or actual questions itself i just set your categories & host basically
Old 28-09-2006, 18:17   #189
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee
With music questions seems my wife (Cinnyose) and Daughter (Annello) have had some of the same questions each time. I have yet to have such luck. Did find the mixed bag the most varied and challenging. Just my thoughts!

Oh yeah, how bought Karma in descending order for top ten, seeing as there's close to 50 having played. Again just a thought (although a bit self-gratifying if I can hold!)

Ya done great accymel!
I could try to lancyorkyankee but means i wont be able to give anyone for postages normal karmer just in case they come in the top 10 i would feel real bad if it come up i must spread karmer about to say the 9th person & can only do 2 karmers in 24hrs - hence the quiz month winner & best excuse - cos that suits the humour hehehehe
Old 28-09-2006, 20:13   #190
Yank in King Art's Court!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
I could try to lancyorkyankee but means i wont be able to give anyone for postages normal karmer just in case they come in the top 10 i would feel real bad if it come up i must spread karmer about to say the 9th person & can only do 2 karmers in 24hrs - hence the quiz month winner & best excuse - cos that suits the humour hehehehe
Gosh Accymel, I thought you'd be tapping into some secret Accyweb Karma pile. I agree, just for the winner then. Heck, even if I won, I'd hate to take Karma from you. Now . . . if Tinks was offering . . . !

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 20:29   #191
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee
Gosh Accymel, I thought you'd be tapping into some secret Accyweb Karma pile. I agree, just for the winner then. Heck, even if I won, I'd hate to take Karma from you. Now . . . if Tinks was offering . . . !
PMSL!! think its same for everyone if i could i definately would now whats wrong with 22 points???
Old 29-09-2006, 11:09   #192
I am Banned

YESTERDAYS SCORES

1. Cinnyose + 25 pts 10 59 941
2. steeljack + 23 pts 10 80 920
3. Billcat + 20 pts 10 82 918
4. AccyJay + 19 pts 9 58 842
5. shillelagh + 18 pts 9 58 842
6. accyroy + 16 pts 9 67 833
7. LancYorkYank + 15 pts 9 73 827
8. rishton blue + 14 pts 9 81 819
9. HopeRules + 13 pts 9 83 817
10. mthead + 11 pts 9 92 808
11. Knight + 5 pts 8 44 756
12. Norwich Stanley + 5 pts 8 54 746
13. SPUGGIE J + 5 pts 8 54 746
14. Bagpuss + 5 pts 8 58 742
15. rindy + 5 pts 8 60 740
16. Tinks + 5 pts 8 66 734
17. willowthewhisp + 5 pts 8 86 714
18. RossendaleRed + 5 pts 8 86 714
19. junetta + 5 pts 8 95 705
20. cherokee + 5 pts 8 101 699
21. BLACKBURN RAVER + 4 pts 7 58 642
22. Anne + 4 pts 7 124 576
23. mickmcacc + 4 pts 6 95 505
24. Annello + 4 pts 5 80 420
25. slinky + 4 pts 9 3438 300

Well done everyone
Old 29-09-2006, 11:10   #193
I am Banned

Seems that some of you are having a competition with each other family/friends battles on here pmsfl
Old 29-09-2006, 13:37   #194
Senior Member+

piggin westlife cost me top spot AGAIN....grrrrrrrrrrr

bain of my life

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2006, 13:44   #195
Foreign Correspondent

Don't know if it is possible, but a suggestion. Could we have two categories of monthly winners? Top overall score, as it currently exists. Also, perhaps, top average score (total score, divided by number of days played). This second category would allow those who are away from the computer for week or two during the month an award to pursue. Would suggest that a minimum of ten quizzes during the month be a mimimum for the second category. Thoughts?

When in darkness or in doubt, visit Oswaldtwistle!
Billcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..