Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-06-2012, 12:32   #2416
Resting In Peace

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Awful quiz for me today -I did know the 3 I got right though which is something!
Most of my guesses were right. The two I thought I knew were wrong! though the second choices would have been right.
Old 22-06-2012, 18:55   #2417
Senior Member+

10 guesses 8 right cant grumble
Old 23-06-2012, 07:26   #2418
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
10 guesses 8 right cant grumble
I am the world's worst guesser it appears -was in good company yesterday -i see young Mancie also got 3. Will have to ask him if he's lucky in love too!!

Today's is interesting - should throw up some surprises!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 09:03   #2419
Resting In Peace

I don't think Americans know enough about Europe to write a proper quiz about it. Today, four questions actually about Europe plus questions about language translation and the World Cup???!!!

And do they actually know that Israel is not in Europe? Except for purposes of the Eurovision Song Contest that is.
Old 29-06-2012, 19:16   #2420
Full Member+

Thought today's was a stinker! Can't believe how many some of you lot got right, esp Sue.
I literally knew ONE.
Rock botttom and my lowest score ever...!!!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 19:30   #2421
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Thought today's was a stinker! Can't believe how many some of you lot got right, esp Sue.
I literally knew ONE.
Rock botttom and my lowest score ever...!!!
I don't think I knew any so amazing I got 5, I read through the questions and then make a guess..next time on Celebs I might just click any random answer and go for a fast time.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2012, 15:20   #2422
God Member

At least the new categories have shaken things up a bit -makes it more interesting!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 30-06-2012, 15:22   #2423
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I don't think Americans know enough about Europe to write a proper quiz about it. Today, four questions actually about Europe plus questions about language translation and the World Cup???!!!

And do they actually know that Israel is not in Europe? Except for purposes of the Eurovision Song Contest that is.
Odd you should mention Israel and Europe together...the European Athletics Championship is on at the moment and Israel is taking part - there must be some reason why! Anyone any ideas?

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 30-06-2012, 15:49   #2424
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Odd you should mention Israel and Europe together...the European Athletics Championship is on at the moment and Israel is taking part - there must be some reason why! Anyone any ideas?
Probably because none of the Asians want them for religious reasons.
Old 30-06-2012, 16:36   #2425
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Reading round the www it gets complicated. The UN puts Israel in Western Asia, but for most sports purposes it seems to join with Europe, as I said before for religious/ political reasons.

At the Olympics both Palestine and Israel are competing, Israel is placed in Europe and Palestine in Asia for their purposes.

I suspect a lot of this has to do with the large number of people of European origin in Israel. Whatever, the world would be a better place if the whole mess generated by the formation of the state of Israel could be cleared up. But that will never happen while it has the mighty USA behind it.
Old 30-06-2012, 21:32   #2426
Full Member+

Is it just my computer or has the quiz site been off-line for a while today?
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2012, 21:43   #2427
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Is it just my computer or has the quiz site been off-line for a while today?
Don't think so, I keep refreshing to see if anyone else has played but it's still there and I can play the open quizzes.

Having said that, only eight people have played, and no one for several hours. Hope they haven't all given up because it's the last day of the month. It's been a hard fight but even though I have the most points it would have been nice to have a bit more opposition today. And Eggandchips has the highest average even though playing fewer games - well done.

And Steve I think you will be third - good finish for you.
Old 30-06-2012, 22:02   #2428
Resting In Peace

It's definitely working now - Dave's just played.
Old 30-06-2012, 22:07   #2429
God Member

Mickmcacc ain't played for a couple of days..well done Susie in a tough month..well done Steve and Eggs!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2012, 22:11   #2430
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Mickmcacc ain't played for a couple of days..well done Susie in a tough month..well done Steve and Eggs!
Thank you Mancie - you seemed a bit off form this month - hope July is better for you.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..