Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2011, 08:49   #1
Resting in Peace

Daily quiz

I found it very strange this morning when I took a look at yesterdays results I couldn't understand how Barry and setayas had exactly the same score 10 right in 48 seconds for a score 952 yet Barrie gets 9 points and setayas only gets 8 yet aromaanne has 10 right in 56 seconds for a score of 944 yet gets 8 points like satayas, very very cockeyed way of scoring
Old 24-02-2011, 09:23   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Daily quiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I found it very strange this morning when I took a look at yesterdays results I couldn't understand how Barry and setayas had exactly the same score 10 right in 48 seconds for a score 952 yet Barrie gets 9 points and setayas only gets 8 yet aromaanne has 10 right in 56 seconds for a score of 944 yet gets 8 points like satayas, very very cockeyed way of scoring
If there's exactly the same score, of the same number right, in the same time, the person who played first is awarded the higher position, and therefore gets more points.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 09:48   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
If there's exactly the same score, of the same number right, in the same time, the person who played first is awarded the higher position, and therefore gets more points.
That's a nonsense, so what your saying is that if somebody plays the quiz early every morning he is entitled to more points than some body who can't play while much later in the day but gets exactly the same score, it says how much time is remaining to do the days quiz but for two people to do it in the same time 48 seconds both answering the 10 questions right one should get 9 points and the other 8 just because he does the quiz sooner than the other person come of it G
Old 24-02-2011, 15:50   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Early birds and worms???????
Old 24-02-2011, 16:29   #5
Give, give, give member

Quote:
That's a nonsense, so what your saying is that if somebody plays the quiz early every morning he is entitled to more points than some body who can't play while much later in the day but gets exactly the same score, it says how much time is remaining to do the days quiz but for two people to do it in the same time 48 seconds both answering the 10 questions right one should get 9 points and the other 8 just because he does the quiz sooner than the other person come of it G
That's how it is.

If two people answer the same number of questions correctly, in the same time, the player who went first is given the prime position on the scoreboard, and will therefore be awarded more points.

It happens quite a lot.

I'd have thought you'd have seen it happen before.

Old 24-02-2011, 17:51   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
That's how it is.

If two people answer the same number of questions correctly, in the same time, the player who went first is given the prime position on the scoreboard, and will therefore be awarded more points.

It happens quite a lot.

I'd have thought you'd have seen it happen before.
Well why was aromaanne given the same points as setayas but took 8 seconds longer
Old 24-02-2011, 19:53   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Well why was aromaanne given the same points as setayas but took 8 seconds longer
It's always been scored like that.

With only the winner getting a unique score of ten points.

The rest are grouped, depending on their time versus correct answer ratio.

I suppose it's done like that because some peoples' games have hundreds playing.

Old 25-02-2011, 09:04   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
It's always been scored like that.

With only the winner getting a unique score of ten points.

The rest are grouped, depending on their time versus correct answer ratio.

I suppose it's done like that because some peoples' games have hundreds playing.
Well it must be the only quiz that works like that, glad theres no money at stake I think some people would be miffed
Old 25-02-2011, 17:13   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well it must be the only quiz that works like that, glad theres no money at stake I think some people would be miffed
Never been able to work out the scoring Jay, l just have fun and enjoy it. Keeps my declreasing number of grey cells (the few I have left), active.
Old 25-02-2011, 18:12   #10
Give, give, give member

Quote:
At least you don't have Anne Robinson winking you off.

Old 25-02-2011, 18:14   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Never been able to work out the scoring Jay, l just have fun and enjoy it. Keeps my declreasing number of grey cells (the few I have left), active.
Well the scoring as always seemed daft to me but when two people have exactly the same score as yourself and Stewart had the other day all ten right in the same time for the same score and one gets 9 and the other 8 is totally bonkers to as for grey cells I have to sweep them up every night or the place would become a mess
Old 25-02-2011, 18:15   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
At least you don't have Anne Robinson winking you off.
Glad your keyboard didn't get stuck with that one G

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..