Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2005, 14:23   #1
God Member

Let's play The Weakest Link

Here's a list of questions from the Weakest Link book - these are the rules - you have to be nominated before you can answer, so for example I will say that the first question is Garinda's. He has to answer it and then nominate someone for question 2. If he's right he gets 50 points, if he's wrong the total score goes back to 0. You can bank (type in capitals) before you answer your question if you are unsure of the answer but you can't pass if you've been nominated to answer the question.

In other words, general Weakest Link rules

Try to nominate people who are online for the next question if you can so that we can keep it moving.

I'll tot up the scores when we've been through all 20 questions.

1. In the beauty industry, which M is a professional carer for hands and fingernails?
2. In music, is a piccolo a woodwind or a string instrument?
3. In which decade was the actress Dame Judi Dench born?
4. Would you find the alimentary canal on the moon or in your body?
5. In which decade was instant coffee invented?
6. In science, is 'plumbago' another name for graphite or for camphor?
7. Paella is a traditional dish of which country?
8. What is the largest of the Balearic Islands?
9. Which musical, set in Vietnam, is based on the true story of Madame Butterfly?
10. In modern science, is time the first, second, third or fourth dimension?
11. In clothing, would a cowboy wear chaps above or below the waist?
12. Which actor played Danny in the 1978 film Grease?
13. With which of her Majesty's Forces does Prince Andrew serve?
14. In science, did Ernest Rutherford propose the nuclear model of the atom in the year 1911 or 1921?
15. In history, which Scottish king won the Battle of Bannockburn in the year 1314?
16. What is the main religion of Morocco?
17. In music, which is the lower female voice - soprano or contralto?
18. In America, PA is the postal abbreviation for which state?
19. In the UK, what type of vehicle is a Green Goddess?
20. In nutrition, both wheatgerm and broccoli are rich sources of what type of acid?

So, for the first question I will nominate Garinda to get it all started.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-10-2005, 14:47   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Let's play The Weakest Link

Manacurist.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 14:48   #3
Give, give, give member

Nominate Less.

Old 28-10-2005, 14:48   #4
God Member

And we're off - 50 points - 100 points for the next one

Old 28-10-2005, 14:56   #5
Give, give, give member

I did check Les was online and sent a pm, but he's gone off. That should be a rule, you should ask a person online to keep it going.

Last edited by garinda; 28-10-2005 at 15:00.
Old 28-10-2005, 14:58   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Some of them were tough but I think I've managed, It was almost as hard as g.c.e.'s

1. In the beauty industry, which M is a professional carer for hands and fingernails? Mandy
2. In music, is a piccolo a woodwind or a string instrument? Neither it costs alot of money so it must be part of the brass section!
3. In which decade was the actress Dame Judi Dench born?Trick question she wasn't a Dame when she was born that came later.
4. Would you find the alimentary canal on the moon or in your body?Both if I happened to be on the moon whilst I was looking for it!
5. In which decade was instant coffee invented?Another trick question it isn't instant you have to wait for the kettle to boil!
6. In science, is 'plumbago' another name for graphite or for camphor?It's the name of a plumbers achey back when he gets up from fixing your sink
7. Paella is a traditional dish of which country?I don't know who is this paella women?
8. What is the largest of the Balearic Islands?The one with the most land poking above sea level.
9. Which musical, set in Vietnam, is based on the true story of Madame Butterfly?cinderella, but they changed it from a butterfly to a coach because the mice get airsick.
10. In modern science, is time the first, second, third or fourth dimension?Looking at it from which direction?
11. In clothing, would a cowboy wear chaps above or below the waist?It really does depend on the cowboy ducky!
12. Which actor played Danny in the 1978 film Grease?Only half a question played Danny at what Cards, Domino's or Darts?
13. With which of her Majesty's Forces does Prince Andrew serve?The Royal Wimbledons (what you mean that serve was out?)
14. In science, did Ernest Rutherford propose the nuclear model of the atom in the year 1911 or 1921?Well I must admit you got me there I didn't know he was the marrying kind!
15. In history, which Scottish king won the Battle of Bannockburn in the year 1314?Rob McCountry the third
16. What is the main religion of Morocco? Grande Prix Formula One, Oh, No, that's Monacco!
17. In music, which is the lower female voice - soprano or contralto?Another trick question there is no such thing as a lower female voice if she thinks she's right then she'll make sure we can all hear!
18. In America, PA is the postal abbreviation for which state?You've given the answer in your question! PA is the postal abbreviation for postal abbreviation, in it's abbreviated state!
19. In the UK, what type of vehicle is a Green Goddess?A green goddess is a female god that isn't used to her new driving job
20. In nutrition, both wheatgerm and broccoli are rich sources of what type of acid?Well it's not the sort we used to use during the sixties and seventies or else there would be no trouble getting the kids to eat their hovis and broccoli butties

Last edited by Less; 28-10-2005 at 15:45.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 15:00   #7
Member.

And you so asked for that............

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 15:24   #8
I am Banned

Oh balls!!!! on the strength of those Q's........................Im the weakest link get me outta here...pmsl
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 15:59   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
And you so asked for that............

I got them from The Weakest Link book - so don't blame me for the questions, blame Anne Robinson!

As for you Less, spoil sport! I would have expected nothing else.

Old 28-10-2005, 17:00   #10
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
I got them from The Weakest Link book - so don't blame me for the questions, blame Anne Robinson!

As for you Less, spoil sport! I would have expected nothing else.

Ok, I wasn’t having a go at you. I repent my sins and will answer the next two questions just to get the balls rolling again.

2. Piccolo – Is a woodwind instrument that is the smallest member of the flute family

3. Dame Judi Dench was born on the 9th December 1932…..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 28-10-2005, 18:02   #11
Give, give, give member

What a pair of babies Lousy Less and Dirty Doug are for spoiling the game.

Why don't you play with each others cockers then, and don't any of you two dare moan about the forum being slow again.

Old 28-10-2005, 18:21   #12
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
What a pair of babies Lousy Less and Dirty Doug are for spoiling the game.

Why don't you play with each others cockers then, and don't any of you two dare moan about the forum being slow again.
What’s up with you windy? How did I spoil the game you wuss…..I’ve answered two of the questions to get the thing going and when the good councillor confirms they are both correct I will Nominate the next contestant…..at which point I seem to remember that you where the plonker who nominated Less in the first place……did you not.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 28-10-2005, 18:23   #13
God Member

Yes Doug you were right - except she was born in 1934 but that's me just being pedantic.

So 100 points for question 2, 200 points for question 3.

Nominate the next person. By the way, you don't have to wait for me to say they're right before nominating and moving on. I'll just tot up the scores and the banking at the end.

Old 28-10-2005, 18:40   #14
Member.

Yes mother,

I Nominate that nice chap Mr Spuggie........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 28-10-2005, 19:22   #15
God Member

4. Would you find the alimentary canal on the moon or in your body?

IN THE BODY Goes from the mouth to the other end (no comments please)
the dump valve

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..