Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2008, 13:43   #1
God Member

Accrington business insolvency.

As some of you will have read in the papers, The Family Fireplace Company Limited has ceased trading after 30 years, I would like to point out that The Family Gas Care Company is independent of FFC, and is still trading strongly, due to renting an office within FFC, the Family Gas Care company has moved to an office on the same site, the only change to the address details is that instead of Silvertree Studios, Family Gas Care will now trade from Longton House, which is at the rear of the old office, behind optical direct, it should also be made clear that the owners of The Family Fireplace Company as was Colin and Tracy Wright, have not had any ownership, or involvement with the running of The Family Gas Care Company since 2005, when it was sold by them. Any interested parties in the closure of FFC should contact the insolvency practitioners Tenons who are online.
Accrington Web
Old 04-05-2008, 14:38   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Accrington business insolvency.

hope everythings sorted now derek. good luck in the new place

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 15:29   #3
God Member

Thanks emm, we just the furniture to move tomorrow, phones on wednesday, printing is minimal now, only building name change on vans and invoices, could have been much worse.
Old 04-05-2008, 15:30   #4
Senior Member+

i have nothing planned if you need a hand?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 04-05-2008, 15:37   #5
God Member

Now you tell me!! Have agreed terms with staff to come in haha!, more expense! No seriously, without being sexist, I have male help, because the only things remaining are very heavy, and have to be carried about 300 yards, thank you very much for the offer, know where to come if we need a char lady now.
Old 04-05-2008, 15:38   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Now you tell me!! Have agreed terms with staff to come in haha!, more expense! No seriously, without being sexist, I have male help, because the only things remaining are very heavy, and have to be carried about 300 yards, thank you very much for the offer, know where to come if we need a char lady now.
I could always come an watch lots of men lift heavy things (i dont mind ).... i will be your first aider for the day

Old 04-05-2008, 15:41   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post

Thats terrible! You would be suprised at what some of us females can lift! Were not all as fragile and weak as some people think lol
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 15:44   #8
God Member

No I wouldnt, lol, I have been picked up by women at the bar many a time.
Old 04-05-2008, 15:44   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Thats terrible! You would be suprised at what some of us females can lift! Were not all as fragile and weak as some people think lol
you should talk to my grandad.... he wont let me lift anything lol

Old 04-05-2008, 15:49   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
you should talk to my grandad.... he wont let me lift anything lol
Your lucky, ive had to lift and move EVERYTHING in my house without help. I get told off for helping with his DJ stuff because he says its "too heavy" for me. If it was too heavy I wouldnt lift it.
Old 04-05-2008, 15:50   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Your lucky, ive had to lift and move EVERYTHING in my house without help. I get told off for helping with his DJ stuff because he says its "too heavy" for me. If it was too heavy I wouldnt lift it.
the opposite of steve then that had me carrying his new powered speakers up and down 2 flights of stairs even tho i said they were too heavy!

Old 04-05-2008, 15:54   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
the opposite of steve then that had me carrying his new powered speakers up and down 2 flights of stairs even tho i said they were too heavy!

You shouldnt have done it, I wouldnt, wont carry anything that is too heavy for me to manage. Just goes to show though, the "sexist" comment isnt really sexist, its fact
Old 04-05-2008, 15:55   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
You shouldnt have done it, I wouldnt, wont carry anything that is too heavy for me to manage. Just goes to show though, the "sexist" comment isnt really sexist, its fact
pfft.... you know what he is like.... and they were very heavy, he complained about them too.. couldnt get them up onto the stands

Old 04-05-2008, 19:27   #14
God Member

It's a shame about Family Fireplace Company. They expanded but didn't take into account that their business and the majority of their custom walked past their shop when based in the town centre. Not enough passing trade where they moved to.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 19:48   #15
God Member

All thier fireplaces were aimed at the high end of the market gayle, nothing for the average pocket, and they were good at what they did, and made good profit, but buying the building, spending 90k on refurbs, and too many bodies being paid for too little from too small a kitty, it is good to aim at affluent people, but when the economy shows signs of strain, as it is now, the people with money are the first to tighten thoer belts, that is why they have money, I always believed in volume sales more than profit margins, to do that, you have to aim at all available markets.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..