Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2009, 18:38   #1
Senior Member+

Accrington Carnival

I take the opportunity firstly to remind members that the carnival is on next Saturday, 20th June, and secondly to ask that if any member happens to be in the craft fair event in Peel Park school and sees my stall there (my name board above it), please make yourself known. I live in Blackpool and have not been able to attend any Accywebber events/meets, so this is an opportunity for me to put faces to names that I have become familiar with. After the event I will be in the Peel Park should you wish to avail yourself of the opportunity to buy me a pint.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-06-2009, 09:37   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Accrington Carnival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
I take the opportunity firstly to remind members that the carnival is on next Saturday, 20th June, and secondly to ask that if any member happens to be in the craft fair event in Peel Park school and sees my stall there (my name board above it), please make yourself known. I live in Blackpool and have not been able to attend any Accywebber events/meets, so this is an opportunity for me to put faces to names that I have become familiar with. After the event I will be in the Peel Park should you wish to avail yourself of the opportunity to buy me a pint.
You've more chance in the Railway Bob, but I'm not sure who'll be paying
Old 18-06-2009, 09:42   #3
Senior Member+

does anyone know times and places (i dont even know where peel park is lol) we havent been before, thanks

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009, 15:45   #4
God Member

starts about 11 am from the Globe centre
Old 18-06-2009, 16:40   #5
God Member

I was gonna ask what time it started.................ta Flashers
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009, 17:36   #6
God Member

no probs
Old 18-06-2009, 17:45   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
starts about 11 am from the Globe centre
thanks

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 18-06-2009, 18:19   #8
Resting In Peace

lets just hope that the forecast is o,k, for Saturday.
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009, 18:36   #9
God Member

i've been to Accy carnival when its been pouring down and there's still been a good turn out, its only rain, it won't kill ya
Old 18-06-2009, 19:00   #10
God Member

Think you'd all better set off 15 mins sooner
Taken from Accrington lions site
They usually run a bit late though

Procession Route:
Floats, etc. assembled at the Globe Centre Car Park off Scaitcliffe Street from 8am.
Walking participants assembled on the 'NHS East Lancashire Public Health Network' car park on the corner of Eagle Street and Paradise Street
Judging will take place from 9.45am of the floats.
Starting off at 10.45am the procession travelled down Eagle Street to Blackburn Road.
Along Blackburn Road, past the Town Hall and up Little Blackburn Road to the traffic lights.
Turned left at the Lights into Abbey Street, past the Post Office.
Along Whalley Road to the traffic lights at the junction of Queens Road.
Turned Right along Queens Road to the junction with Thorneyholme Road.
Floats turned into Thorneyholme Road for dispersal.
The theme for the Carnival Procession Floats is 'YOUR FAVOURITE BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE' There are two types of entry. Trade and Non Trade (Charity) Floats. The First Prize Winner in each section, beside receiving a trophy, will be presented with a cheque for £250.00 made out to the charity of their choice.

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009, 21:15   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Think you'd all better set off 15 mins sooner
Taken from Accrington lions site
They usually run a bit late though

Procession Route:
Floats, etc. assembled at the Globe Centre Car Park off Scaitcliffe Street from 8am.
Walking participants assembled on the 'NHS East Lancashire Public Health Network' car park on the corner of Eagle Street and Paradise Street
Judging will take place from 9.45am of the floats.
Starting off at 10.45am the procession travelled down Eagle Street to Blackburn Road.
Along Blackburn Road, past the Town Hall and up Little Blackburn Road to the traffic lights.
Turned left at the Lights into Abbey Street, past the Post Office.
Along Whalley Road to the traffic lights at the junction of Queens Road.
Turned Right along Queens Road to the junction with Thorneyholme Road.
Floats turned into Thorneyholme Road for dispersal.
The theme for the Carnival Procession Floats is 'YOUR FAVOURITE BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE' There are two types of entry. Trade and Non Trade (Charity) Floats. The First Prize Winner in each section, beside receiving a trophy, will be presented with a cheque for £250.00 made out to the charity of their choice.
and who was it that i got the info from in the first place MATE lol

i seem to recall someone KEN telling me yesterday that, that is what time it sets off
Old 19-06-2009, 07:51   #12
Senior Member+

For the benefit of emamum & anyone else unsure.....the event in Peel Park School is a billed as a craft fair. It is run by the Lions. 10am start until 4pm. Peel Park School is found up Burnley Road from the town centre. Just after the traffic lights at Queens rd/Pennyhouse Lane junction, turn right. School is on the left. The street on left immediately after the school is Turkey St. At the top of it is the Peel Park pub ( not a big car park) and the former Stanley ground is opposite the front door. Listen for the rattles, smell the pies.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 09:22   #13
Lyn

is it just the procession tomorrow - no fair or anything?
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 14:22   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
is it just the procession tomorrow - no fair or anything?
The usual goings on up at Peel Park as far as i know.......fair, stalls etc...and even Kenny Baker who was R2D2 in Star Wars is making a guest appearance.....so the Observer says anyway....
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 15:21   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Listen for the rattles, smell the pies

is that the carnivals motto?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..