Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2011, 23:07   #1
I am Banned

British Finances

This was sent to me by email.
Is it true.
Retlaw.

BRITAIN, where did we go wrong ?
>
> We're "broke" and can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless
> etc.,?????????
>
> Are you aware of the following?
>
> The British Government provides the following financial assistance: -
>
> BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER Weekly allowance £100
> ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS / REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN

W eekly Allowance £250
>
> BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER Weekly Spouse allowance £25
> ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS / REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN Weekly

Spouse allowance £225
>
> BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER Additional weekly hardship allowance £ 0;00
> ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS / REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN Additional

weekly hardship allowance £100
>
> BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT £6,000
> ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS / REFUGEES LIVING IN

BRITAIN TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT £29,900
>

Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-02-2011, 23:49   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: British Finances

wasn't aware, but don't surprise me in the least. perhaps Graham would confirm if this info is accurate?
Old 03-02-2011, 01:01   #3

I would hope that it's rubbish, but something tells me it's probably not that far from the truth.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:53   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
I would hope that it's rubbish, but something tells me it's probably not that far from the truth.
You can bet your bottom dollar they're not far of Alan, why do you think that people seeking asylum trek though 5 or 6 other country's to get here, because Britain is and always has been a soft touch
Old 03-02-2011, 11:24   #5
Senior Member+

It's not only the folk in Britain who think the same as the person who emailed the text in Retlaws post, I got this one below from a old mate of mine in Australia.

From a retired and respected member of the Courts.

Dear Prime Minister,

Let's put the seniors in jail and the criminals in a nursing home. This way the seniors would have access to showers, hobbies and walks. They'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs etc and they'd receive money instead of paying it out. They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly if they fell, or needed assistance.

Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them. A guard would check on them every 20 minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cell.

They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose. They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counselling, pool and education.

Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ's and legal aid would be free, on request. Private, secure! rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard, with gardens. Each senior could have a PC a TV radio and daily phone calls.

There would be a board of directors to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to.

The "criminals" would get cold food, be left all alone and unsupervised. Lights off at 8pm, and showers once a week. Live in a tiny room and pay $900.00 per month and have no hope of ever getting out.

Justice for all we say.
Old 03-02-2011, 14:39   #6
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Apparently not.

UK Pensioners v Asylum Seekers Protest Message

But despite that there are no doubt quite a few inadequacies in the system which need to be sorted. As yet we've never had a government with the balls to do something because they'd have to apply the same logic to their own depredations on the system they're also screwing over !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 16:00   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Apparently not.

UK Pensioners v Asylum Seekers Protest Message

But despite that there are no doubt quite a few inadequacies in the system which need to be sorted. As yet we've never had a government with the balls to do something because they'd have to apply the same logic to their own depredations on the system they're also screwing over !
So I've been taken in by a hoax email, then why do we keep reading in the newspapers of immigrants living in posh houses on benefits and claiming poverty, there was one recently in the Daily Express.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 16:23   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
So I've been taken in by a hoax email, then why do we keep reading in the newspapers of immigrants living in posh houses on benefits and claiming poverty, there was one recently in the Daily Express.

Retlaw.
Oh it's happening right enough, but they are individual cases, they've got nothing but a brood & no obvious source of income so due to the way the Government & their agencies dole out money hand over fist, paying this subsidy, that benefit, this allowance, the all up sum far exceeds what honest hard working Folk could ever dream of attaining.

Those (Foolish enough) who strive to better their situation for themselves & their families are penalised by punitive taxation & loss of certain grants/benefits. Whereas the dead beats on the other hand who don't & have no intention of actually attempting to work & strive to better their situation are those who reap the rewards !

Is it not far easier to sit back & demand "Your rights" (As an Asylum seeker or home grown scrounger) when there are enough fools to support & pay for your indulged parasitic lifestyles !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 18:55   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Oh it's happening right enough, but they are individual cases, they've got nothing but a brood & no obvious source of income so due to the way the Government & their agencies dole out money hand over fist, paying this subsidy, that benefit, this allowance, the all up sum far exceeds what honest hard working Folk could ever dream of attaining.

Those (Foolish enough) who strive to better their situation for themselves & their families are penalised by punitive taxation & loss of certain grants/benefits. Whereas the dead beats on the other hand who don't & have no intention of actually attempting to work & strive to better their situation are those who reap the rewards !

Is it not far easier to sit back & demand "Your rights" (As an Asylum seeker or home grown scrounger) when there are enough fools to support & pay for your indulged parasitic lifestyles !
And so say all of use Dave good post

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..