Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 03:52   #1

Smile Fire on belfeild road

i was sitting at home watching vids on youtube when i smelt smoke, so i looked out back and saw a house down the street was well ablaze.

So i ran upstairs grabbed my shoes and got my wife to ring the fire brigade
i then ran to the house that was on fire to see if anyone was trapped, lucky for me there was not! the front door of the house was open and smoke was poring out but nobody on the street had bothered coming out to help or simply had not seen what was going on so i started knocking on doors, the door to the left of the house was open and looked like it had also been kicked in so i checked that house for people too, no-one there and none of the other houses where answering i cant believe how nobody has seen this fire but yet i saw it a street away! blows my mind how ignorant people can be these days, anyway about 6 mins after reporting the fire the fire brigade turned up im waiting for them to come see me now, they are still dampening down. this all happened about half an hour ago about 4 o'clock thought i would let you all know
portalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-05-2012, 04:55   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Fire on belfeild road

According to the fire report this is an empty property
and it was just the staircase that was on fire.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:08   #3
Resting in Peace

Nice of somebody to make themselves a member just to lets us know
Old 12-05-2012, 20:38   #4

yep the fire report does say it was an empty property but the fire was not just on the staircase that's where it started but it spread to the back of the property including the garden itself

and i was already a member of accyweb just not been on in that long i needed a new account
portalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2012, 16:38   #5
God Member

6 mins from phonecall to arrival isnt bad from where the fire station is now located especially if it was mid day or early evening as the road it is now located on is terrible for traffic.

thankfully no one was inside as 6 mins is a long time when you got fire nipping at your bum

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
belfield, brigade, fire, house, road

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..