Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2009, 09:10   #1
Senior Member+

Hyndburn Park School

I have noticed that there are threads for most schools in and arround Accrington - yet there isn't one for Hyndburn Park School. I didn't attend there but a number of friends did in the early '50s - football matches at lunchtime on the rec, firework fights leading up to 5 November - all in good spirits.
Is there anyone around whowent there during that period?
Regards,
Barrie
Accrington Web
Old 12-07-2009, 09:21   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Hyndburn Park School

My cousin used to live on Park Road in the 50s Barry although he didn't go to Hyndburn Park School, but I can remember playing football on the Rec and messing about on Nelsons Square and Gatty and Milnshaw Park
Old 19-07-2009, 19:49   #3

I went to Hyndburn Park..... from 79 - 85.

http://www.hyndburnramblers.co.uk/
'erindoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 19:54   #4
Senior Member+

I was there from about 79 to 86

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 20:41   #5
God Member

My dad went to Hyndburn Park from 1954 to about 1961.
Old 20-07-2009, 08:37   #6
Resting in Peace

i was a pupil in hyndburn park school from 1951-1963,
WINIFRED likes this.
darwendosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 17:44   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwendosser View Post
i was a pupil in hyndburn park school from 1951-1963,
12 years to graduate. That's a long time isn't it? No one could be that dumb lol
Old 21-10-2010, 21:59   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I have noticed that there are threads for most schools in and arround Accrington - yet there isn't one for Hyndburn Park School. I didn't attend there but a number of friends did in the early '50s - football matches at lunchtime on the rec, firework fights leading up to 5 November - all in good spirits.
Is there anyone around whowent there during that period?
Regards,
Barrie
Hi Barrie..I attended Hyndburn Park in the 50's..started in the infants..then went through the junior school (I think headmaster was Mr Fradley) and then went into the senior school 1956..but I left towards the end of the first year in 1957 when I was nearly 12 yrs old.........would love to see any pictures from these years, if anybody has any..
AccyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2010, 16:02   #9
Senior Member+

As you know,Barrie, I was in the junior school until 1952. If I can work out how I'll put the photo I sent you on here-I know you know one of the people on it! Unless you know how to do it?-I mean put a photo up!
AccyGirl must have been 4 years behind me.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2010, 16:57   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
As you know,Barrie, I was in the junior school until 1952. If I can work out how I'll put the photo I sent you on here-I know you know one of the people on it! Unless you know how to do it?-I mean put a photo up!
May get some information on the photo tomorrow night, will also ask the experts on how to post a pic. If anyone wants a copy then PM me with an email address to send it to.
Old 22-10-2010, 19:04   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
thanks so much..I will send PM to Barrie with my email address..maybe he can send it to me....
Old 23-10-2010, 08:12   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyGirl View Post
Hi Barrie..I attended Hyndburn Park in the 50's..started in the infants..then went through the junior school (I think headmaster was Mr Fradley) and then went into the senior school 1956..but I left towards the end of the first year in 1957 when I was nearly 12 yrs old.........would love to see any pictures from these years, if anybody has any..

hi Accygirl...i was there about the same time as you but also went to the nursery prior to the infants,... juniors, then seniors, but left to go to hollins lane for my third year as it was completed....left hollins in 69
AngleIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2010, 09:35   #13
Full Member+

My hubby went to Hyndburn Park from 1958 ish - 1963. Jim Bowen was a teacher there then as was his wife.He says they used to walk to Peel Park school for woodwork.He is David Greenhalgh should anyone remember him.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2010, 15:59   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngleIron View Post
hi Accygirl...i was there about the same time as you but also went to the nursery prior to the infants,... juniors, then seniors, but left to go to hollins lane for my third year as it was completed....left hollins in 69
Hi AngleIron.....
I wonder if we are the same age...as you mention leaving Hollins in 1969...
I was born 1945..and went to Hyndburn Park from about 1949 to 1957....leaving at the end of the first year in the seniors...........do you have any pictures from those days?
Old 01-11-2010, 10:47   #15

this picture was taken around 1955 (I was born 1945, so just guessing at my age on the pic)..hoping somebody has a group picture......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg young Eileen.jpg (310.3 KB, 19 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..