Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2006, 04:13   #1

Red face Me Mother/Father Always said

Just for fun remember the things your mother/Father always said and now you find your self saying the same things to your own Kids. One of the things my Mum would say took me years to sort out, and that was when it came to Tea time was eat what you can and can What can't all she mean't eat everything made me laugh.
gem5665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-09-2006, 22:28   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Me Mother/Father Always said

my mum used to say to me packit in or you will get hurt,well i find myself screaming it and not saying it,well it didnt work for her and it doesnt work for me they still dont listen and end up getting hurt
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 22:40   #3
God Member

My mum used to always say " Don't come running to me if you fall off that wall and break both your legs"

I say it now to mine just to see how baffled I must have looked all them years ago.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 22:45   #4
God Member

mine used to say things like " do you want a clout ?" i never said yes but always got one haha done same to mine over the years
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 23:18   #5
white rabbits

If we were in a pickle of some sort ,,my mum would say,your in a worse state than Korea,,,i supose it would have to be Kashmir. now..
.................................................. ......................................
When we were dirty,,or going out and not looking smart enough,we got told..Just look at you,, you look like one of Waddeys, but i never knew who the Waddey family were,,they must have been a very scruffy lot,,,,
Old 21-09-2006, 23:22   #6
God Member

Another one my mum used to say is " look at them ears!! you could grow spud's in them" when they were dirty.

Another one I use with my kids when they are sulking......" put your face straight, if wind changes it will stick like that"...... when I was young that thought scared me, but when I got older the thought of trying to make my face straight would raise a giggle.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 23:29   #7
white rabbits

If we were listening to grown ups talking ,when we wern,t susposed to.. we got told,,,,, Little pigs have big ears,,,
Old 21-09-2006, 23:48   #8
God Member

i was the youngest girl of 6 and when there was just me n my brothers sitting round the table my mum would say things like if you eat all your meat you,ll grow up big n strong ,,,, and eat all your veg it will put hairs on yer chest , well that scared the hell out of me ..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 07:02   #9
Resident Waffler

My Mum used to say that thing about getting spuds behind your ears and everytime I had a wash I used to check in the mirror for any strange growth!

The greatest deterrant for misbehaving was from my Dad who threatened that if I did whatever it was that I shouldn't do he would 'knock me through to the middle of next week'. I suppose I'd be on the 'at risk' register these days for a threat like that , not that he ever actually did anything. It was just the prospect that he might which was enough to put anybody off.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 08:15   #10

my dad used to say........."I.ll give thee such a clout.....tha won,t know what hit thee........."
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 10:33   #11
Senior Member+

my mum used to say if we did it again we wont be able to sit down for a week
Old 22-09-2006, 10:46   #12
Resident Waffler

I love the daft things like "you don't know you're born". Of course I know I'm born. I'm here aren't I?

Old 22-09-2006, 19:53   #13
Beacon of light

When we were ravaging through all the apples ( that incidentally were given to my mother...she worked at Catlows and the brothers used to take pity on her and give her bags full of apples for us lot) she would say 'go steady with those apples....they don't grow on trees'....we used to be in stitches at that one.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 20:58   #14
Senior Member+

stop your crying or i will give you something to cry about
Old 22-09-2006, 21:23   #15
Resident Waffler

I've probably told you this one before but when I was little I used to climb things. My Gran would say "If you fall and break your leg don't come running to me for sympathy"

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..