Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2007, 23:19   #1
Resting in Peace

Talking Music whilst you park.

Don't particular like music in supermarkets when shopping .. lose me concentration like, but notice that in Burnley Charter Walk car park you are welcomed by jolly pop music .. today a belting Tina Turner number which made me skip up the ramp to the shops ready for the affray.

Notice parkers usually emerge from their cars with sullen faces after the effort of squeezing into the spaces; think might suggest this for our Arndale car park .. good idea or not ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-08-2007, 23:23   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Music whilst you park.

Burnley, the new Nut Bush City Limit.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 23:27   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Burnley, the new Nut Bush City Limit.
Is that a yes or a no ? Non-comprendez ..
Old 18-08-2007, 23:30   #4
Give, give, give member

As you didn't use English in the above post, I will have to do a citizen's arrest for breaking forum rules, and you will be banged up for the night until a moderator can deal with you.

I think it is a good idea, though how loud was the music that you could hear it whilst in your car?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 23:43   #5
God Member

One man's music is another man's raucous din - I prefer total silence (is golden)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 23:52   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

love a bit of music when shopping,but draw the line at "Belting Out"
Old 18-08-2007, 23:52   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I think it is a good idea, though how loud was the music that you could hear it whilst in your car?
Couldn't hear it whilst in car, only as I got out and not too intrusive, but put me in a happy, happy mood, and got a smile and a wink as I stepped bouncily towards the target ..
Old 18-08-2007, 23:54   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Couldn't hear it whilst in car, only as I got out and not too intrusive, but put me in a happy, happy mood, and got a smile and a wink as I stepped bouncily towards the target ..
you would have got that anyway.
Old 19-08-2007, 00:03   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
you would have got that anyway.
Shucks .. thanks cashie .. but do you think would put other people in a good mood .. ? I think it might. You are good at music and could be the maestro, I will do the campaigning and Garinda can be the smiley welcomer at the automatic doors doffing a top hat to all who enter.
Old 19-08-2007, 08:54   #10
God Member

i think its a great idea kate
Old 19-08-2007, 11:30   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
One man's music is another man's raucous din - I prefer total silence (is golden)
Perhaps 'belting' was not quite the correct word Margaret .. meant belting as an adjective... a good song, not as belting out as a verb ..think got that correct .. LOL.

Has to be something everyone is familiar with .. not classical or hard rocky stuff, just poppy songs.

As said, hate it in Supermarkets.. Sainsburys never do this and feel lovely and peaceful whilst I am shopping. Hate it in Asda, particularly when they insist on broadcasting their jingles and the Christmas songs .. aaah. Grates on me also when they constantly have staff announcements and, in particular, the person designated to the foyer to welcome you, who has to inform shoppers of two bunches of bananas on sale for the price of one. Can tell they don't really enjoy this task as usually very monotone or over the top nevousness ....
Old 19-08-2007, 15:09   #12
God Member

music may stop the raging car owners when the get pee'd off trying to park
Old 19-08-2007, 17:28   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'm with Margaret on this one.I can't be doing with constant music,I prefer peace and quiet
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..