Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2010, 12:48   #1
Resting in Peace

Road Humps.

Notice from the LCC in the Observer of their proposal to introduce road humps to the following streets:

• Hope Street
  • Major Street
  • Richmond Hill Street
  • Higher Antley Street
  • Perth Street
  • Carter Street
  • Marsden Street
They do list the actual residencies where they will be laid, will put them up if anyone wishes to know... plans can, as usual, be viewed at Scaitcliffe House.

I presume, though, that residents have been informed, but just in case you missed it and have any objections, etc.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2010, 15:51   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Road Humps.

Hmm, they propose these thing's and if you are lucky enough to get one alongside the road, the Police come along and either, move you and your partner along, or do you both for indecent exposure.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 09:14   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Hmm, they propose these thing's and if you are lucky enough to get one alongside the road, the Police come along and either, move you and your partner along, or do you both for indecent exposure.
Old 25-01-2010, 05:51   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Notice from the LCC in the Observer of their proposal to introduce road humps to the following streets:

• Hope Street
  • Major Street
  • Richmond Hill Street
  • Higher Antley Street
  • Perth Street
  • Carter Street
  • Marsden Street
They do list the actual residencies where they will be laid, will put them up if anyone wishes to know... plans can, as usual, be viewed at Scaitcliffe House.

I presume, though, that residents have been informed, but just in case you missed it and have any objections, etc.

as far as i know Kate no one can object to them being outside their property, when ours where put in about 5 years ago all the residents around here got notice of this on paper, and a kind of map as to where they would be put, we have one between my dads garden and mine (obviously in the road) and we weren't pleased about it at the time but as it goes i now think its brilliant, the cars always slow right down when they come to it, they use this road as a cut through from Intack traffic lights, instead of going up Whitebirk road to the lights they cut up my street and come out at Wynsors, it gets reallly busy at tea time, the bumps have slowed that down considerably....so i'm all for them, now anyway
Old 25-01-2010, 06:29   #5
God Member

luckily for my car none of these streets are on any of my routes.

perhaps they should concentrate on making a safe size for these speedbumps your supposed to be able to go 30mph over them by rights, i wouldnt mind them if they only buggered cars up that were speeding but some of these bumps they lay down you need a tow rope and a sturdy 4x4 to pull you over them

ok im been a bit fecicious but i think many drivers will agree some of these bumps they lay down are taking the piff a little

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 07:05   #6
God Member

you've never had any problems getting over my humps when you've been here J
Old 25-01-2010, 07:31   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
you've never had any problems getting over my humps when you've been here J

there that big i thought someone had shot a cammel and left it in the road

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 07:34   #8
God Member

thought you preffered them big, using those stops accidents
Old 25-01-2010, 07:39   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
thought you preffered them big, using those stops accidents

Only if your not driving at the same time as using them
Old 25-01-2010, 07:43   #10
God Member

nah he's not a woman, he can't multitask, he's good at 'driving' though
Old 25-01-2010, 07:46   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
he's good at 'driving' though
Is he now?

Is he a slow and careful 'driver' or a fast and furious one?
Old 25-01-2010, 07:47   #12
God Member

depends how much rage he has when driving
Old 25-01-2010, 22:33   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
as far as i know Kate no one can object to them being outside their property,
Actually you can Flashy .. the invitation is there in black and white on the notice.

I suppose the problem is why would you object. These are the main objections:

• Damage to vehicles
  • Visually detrimental to the Environment
  • Access to your property
  • Accident statistics on the street (you would need to go through Freedom of Information Act to get these)
Not good enough objections though particularly.

Problem is with lowering a speed limit to 20 m.p.h.; not a favourite one of the police as their cameras do not recognise this at the moment, so not much alternative but to put physical restricitions on the road to slow the motorist down.
Old 25-01-2010, 22:54   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

wonder if they have ever considered paramedics working in a moving ambulence oer these humps.?
Old 25-01-2010, 23:01   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
wonder if they have ever considered paramedics working in a moving ambulence oer these humps.?
Even an emergency vehicle has to also give consideration in a side street Cashy where a child could dart out at any moment. Better of two evils I guess.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..