Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2009, 05:32   #1
day
Junior Member+

Talking skate boarding in Accrington?

an info would be helpful....
where are people allowed to skate board?
any close indoor or outdoor parks around?
any local skate shops?

ty xx
Old 27-11-2009, 09:20   #2
God Member

Re: skate boarding in Accrington?

there's a skate ramp at the bottom of Ormerod Street (is it Eagle Street?), also one in Mercer Park in Clayton
Old 27-11-2009, 11:59   #3
Resting in Peace

Try this link;Accrington, Lancashire, The Best Things

Should give you an idea of local places to go.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 00:29   #4
day
Junior Member+

thank youS xx
Old 20-01-2010, 00:05   #5
Junior Member+

My son was an ex skater and there was plenty of places he used to skate in the centre. If you do what he did and used your imagination then you will find a lot of good places. If not then there is a skatepark with several ramps literally a 2 minute walk from the town centre.
Mich1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 06:12   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1962 View Post
My son was an ex skater and there was plenty of places he used to skate in the centre. If you do what he did and used your imagination then you will find a lot of good places. If not then there is a skatepark with several ramps literally a 2 minute walk from the town centre.

its not like the old days anymore though they have cctv and plastic cops that move you along now

yes im afraid its true kids us old farts were grinding accy center up way before you lot were even born and teh only reason why older folk complain about you is out of jelousey that there joints cant take it any more

like somone said though theres a skateboarding ring/park set up just up from teh libary in accy center

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2010, 09:29   #7

I haven't had a skate in Accy in a long time... Sadly lots of the best street spots have died a death, Theres still a few little ledges, gaps and banks knocking about, failing that you can try the park, it's a bit shoddy but a good laugh when theres a few of you out, the mini ramp in mercer park is absolute gash that's all that needs to be said on that one...
The closest indoor park was Interact in Burnley, but I'm fair sure that's gone now...
When the weathers good Clitheroe has a great concrete park. But if your after a tour of some of the street spots give me a shout
magaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2010, 09:54   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaz View Post
I haven't had a skate in Accy in a long time... Sadly lots of the best street spots have died a death, Theres still a few little ledges, gaps and banks knocking about, But if your after a tour of some of the street spots give me a shout
ya will be ok down our street at the moment,i'm out of ammo.
Old 22-01-2010, 13:24   #9
God Member

i tried showing my youngest the basics of skateboarding but eneded up looking like a gereactric on a runaway zimmer frame lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:09   #10
day
Junior Member+

he found the one near the job centre and we went to clitheroe too. thank you. he spent most of the time skating in manchester near piccadilly.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:00   #11

there is a skate park in accrington (I think its neer a big gear or something like that) its only a small one like but its good to waste some time at
Old 08-03-2010, 10:14   #12
God Member

The skate park in Accrington is on Eagle Street
Old 15-09-2010, 09:59   #13

im n process of putting a new skatpark up in accrington and have been working with graham jones and youth service clast year so hopfully should have new park for next year. plans are drawn up and price has been set and location has been picked . fundraisin and asking or money of large companys is the way forward now , spearfish is going to help who hosted the last accrington culture day down on eagle street skate park and hopfully next years event will be at the new location.

thanks for reading
peace in the middle east
tpickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2010, 16:50   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Where is the new skate park going to be located?
Memorial park in Great Harwood would be an excellent location as they have no play provision at all in that park.
Old 15-09-2010, 19:33   #15

we asked round for ages and alocated location has been coppice park up near peelpark school on one of the tennis courts as they are no loger used much .

tom
peace in the middle east
tpickup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
skate boarding in accy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..