Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2007, 17:25   #1
Resting in Peace

The Beacon

Paper behind the door called 'The Beacon' HBC propoganda newspaper .. must admit looks extremely informative on the surface, although they are just patting themselves on the back.

As I am off out just now, have not time to study, will save for bedtime reading, but expect a report from my fellow members for when I return..

Did see a refuse wagon today, with the slogan 'be a binner; not a sinner' which made me laugh and looks now like they are now using this ... oh hek, will I ever go to heaven..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-10-2007, 23:24   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: The Beacon

Hummmph ... Ok then, seeing as there is lack of response on which I thought was a very intersting and controversial thread and expected a huge response (whilst winning the booby prize at the Dog and Otter on their quiz night) I can only surmise that you have not yet received this publication, and I am the only one in Hyndburn that has .. so I will enter my own review tomorrow when the alcohol has exited me liver.. thank you for your interest ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2007, 23:32   #3
Give, give, give member

Today I got two lovely, full colour, flyers through my letter box, from our council.

One advertising the Christmas lights being turned on, the other informing me that some numpty from ITV's Dirty Dancing, is starring in panto at the Civic Theatre.

I wonder if they are being delivered to every house in Hyndburn, and how much it has all cost?

Perhaps the time and money could have been better spent on a more democratic way of gauging public opinion, over the proposed name change of Hyndburn.

No money for a referendum, or even a questionaire, to every household in the borough on the subject, but at least I know that some Z-list celebrity is appearing as Jack, with or without his beanstalk, here in Hyndburn in the coming weeks.

Whoopee.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 00:08   #4
God Member

Just seen this Kate we haven't received anything so can't comment!!
Old 23-10-2007, 01:02   #5
Resting in Peace

We have a copy but not yet read it so will post after looking at it
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..