Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2009, 17:23   #1

The Disgusting Smell around Clayton and Altham

I will not have to spell this out but just open your door and take a big sniff of the air around here, its a stench that is on the edge of unbearable, I call on all people around this area to get there finger out and click on the link below and tell the council, something must be done and if enough of us voice our concerns about the stench they will have to do something, if this keeps up I will be asking for a reduction in my council tax.

So People get clicking on the link it will take 2 mins of your time

Feedback

"Have You Seen The Force Called Stanley"
Old 26-10-2009, 18:49   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: The Disgusting Smell around Clayton and Altham

Is it just up the top end Clayton Red ? Nothing down the bottom end. Will be from the tip probably.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 19:06   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Is it just up the top end Clayton Red ? Nothing down the bottom end. Will be from the tip probably.
Yes it is the tip thanks

"Have You Seen The Force Called Stanley"
Old 26-10-2009, 22:32   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Always make me laugh how the people who live on the estate at the bottom of the tip complain about the smell. The tip was there before them so they must have known about it.

I am not referring to you Clayton Red as I have no idea where you live.
Old 26-10-2009, 23:21   #5
God Member

you got to admit it takes a certain breed of idiotto put a tip of that size smack bang in teh middle of such a built up area, even if there were no houses within 5 miles of it when it opened as the surrounding areas grew it should have been relocated

any bad smells around accy can be put down to either the tip , blythes ,both of which should have been sorted out years ago

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 03:23   #6

I rang the Environmental Health a couple of years ago about the stink from the tip. I live near the hare & Hounds. It bloody hums round here some days. I got a phone call a few days later from someone at the tip telling me not to do it again!!!!
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 08:50   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman
you got to admit it takes a certain breed of idiotto put a tip of that size smack bang in the middle of such a built up area, even if there were no houses within 5 miles of it when it opened
So what you're saying is they didn't put this tip in the middle of a built up area. Certain breeds of idiot started building houses near a landfill site. They want their heads examining.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 10:53   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
any bad smells around accy can be put down to either the tip , blythes ,both of which should have been sorted out years ago
A worse smell than either of those is the dirty cow in the main post office in Accy yesterday that smelled disgusting. Her hair looked like it had not been washed for months, the greasy smell got to you from yards away.

If you are reading this you dirty so and so, soap is less than 10p a bar in Asda so sort yourself out, there is no excuse for not washing.
Old 27-10-2009, 14:11   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
A worse smell than either of those is the dirty cow in the main post office in Accy yesterday that smelled disgusting. Her hair looked like it had not been washed for months, the greasy smell got to you from yards away.

If you are reading this you dirty so and so, soap is less than 10p a bar in Asda so sort yourself out, there is no excuse for not washing.
yeah lynx get your act together ..

joking

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 27-10-2009, 14:13   #10
God Member

does whinney hill tip still take rubbish off liverpools waggons as well , remember a few years ago seeing liverpool bin waggons going tehre to unload which seems a huge waste of money if liverpools folk are paying to have rubbish taken to little old accy

back then i thought its bad enough having to sniff in hynburns crap nevermind every ****** elses on top.

edit:

seriously ? bug gers a obscene word is it now all of a sudden ?

us northern folk have been using the bug ger word for many years now , for example

come here you little bug ger - quoted from many a parent and grand parent

Last edited by accyman; 27-10-2009 at 14:17.
Old 27-10-2009, 14:59   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Always make me laugh how the people who live on the estate at the bottom of the tip complain about the smell.
The tip has been filled in at the whinney hill side and is now nearer the motorway so the people who live on the Stanley Park (as it was formerly known)estate don`t have cause to complain anymore although i believe the hare and hounds area get the brunt of it these days
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 17:31   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
The tip has been filled in at the whinney hill side and is now nearer the motorway
Think you are correct here Pipinfort .. early September, son had come over to take me to Manchester Airport at 4.0 a.m. Was driving along between junction 7/8 .. 'orrible stink. Asked the question about my nasal observations if it could be a chemical cloud of some sort ... "No" says son "that'll be coming from the tip".

Well, if this is the sort of smell you get Clayton Red, have every sympathy.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 18:41   #13

Quote:

joking

Love you too.......
Old 27-10-2009, 18:58   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:

joking

yeah and get your hair cut . you can get discounts being a pensioner !!
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 19:20   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1 View Post
yeah and get your hair cut . you can get discounts being a pensioner !!
jesus christ talk about hitting somone with a double blow

im goona buy her a step ladder so she can knock yer block off

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..