Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2007, 14:05   #1

what a mess

I went for a walk this morning (trying to get fit uummm ) I walked over the switchback from Clayton to Harwood on through Tottleworth and back over Rishton fields towards Clayton and I couldnt believe what a site some of the places have become. For a start what used to be quite a decent walk over the switchback is now like walking through a tip. As you approach were the `allotments` are there`s mounds of rubbish and as you pass on by the allotments its the same, rubbish, rubbish and more rubbish.
There are some people down there who do care about their little peices of land and are a credit to the environment, but overall its a blot on the landscape. Its not just there either, all over theres rubbish, wheres it coming from? People used to have pride in their towns and allotments. I know its been windy but the rubbish has been dumped to start with.
Old 03-04-2007, 14:10   #2
I am Banned

Re: what a mess

Yeh many places are becoming a bit of a dumping ground lately, think maybe the towns recycling mission & charges for tipping/non recybles has a major effect, the council will only take 6 items of rubbish ie furniture etc at a time which is a pain....ooo must remember to ring them myself lol. Also the stupid recycling methods dont help especially in windy weather stuff get blown away.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 15:27   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
I went for a walk this morning (trying to get fit uummm ) I walked over the switchback from Clayton to Harwood on through Tottleworth and back over Rishton fields towards Clayton and I couldnt believe what a site some of the places have become. For a start what used to be quite a decent walk over the switchback is now like walking through a tip. As you approach were the `allotments` are there`s mounds of rubbish and as you pass on by the allotments its the same, rubbish, rubbish and more rubbish.
There are some people down there who do care about their little peices of land and are a credit to the environment, but overall its a blot on the landscape. Its not just there either, all over theres rubbish, wheres it coming from? People used to have pride in their towns and allotments. I know its been windy but the rubbish has been dumped to start with.

it used to be quite a good walk by wilsons, then along the canal up there, have you seen THAT recently? now that is a mess
Old 03-04-2007, 20:19   #4
I am Banned

teh more HBC forces recycling onto people the more fly tipping will happen , not only do tehy have the nerve to try forcing us to recycle but they have the cheeck to be fussy about what they take and in what order they take it and ontop of that make you wait weeks for things to be removed

no wonder peopel have started fly tipping

also..

councils are paid by US to tidy up after us amongst other things so if they are not preppared to do their bloody job then they cant moan when people do it their selves

good on teh fly tipper i hope it gets so bad that councils have no option but to do their job right in the first place
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 23:25   #5
Len
God Member

The sad thing is chrissy, about 800yards further along Alan Ramsbottam Way there’s a recycling collection site/ point and they have loads of skips etc.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 15:12   #6
God Member

Try reporting it this way
http://www.neighbourhoodfixit.com/
You will be able to see if someone has reported it this way already,and you can be anonymous when the problem is passed to the council

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 15:22   #7
Resident Waffler

I'm forever phoning the council about the rubbish in our street. One side is emptied Tuesday and one side Wedneday so Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays it's like Whiny Hill tip up here!

We've just been having a major clear out and have loads of junk to take to the tip. It is quite literally junk, we've sorted out the recyclables and all that is left is no use to man nor beast. I envisage fun and games when we try taking it to the tip to dump it - but what on earth do they expect us to do with literal rubbish/junk?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 15:34   #8
God Member

One mans junk is another mans treasure

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hyndburnfreecycle/

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 15:46   #9
Resident Waffler

Believe me Margaret, our junk is no man's treasure - example: a fridge which doesn't work, a broken desk, broken toys.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..