Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Sport and Hobby Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f128/)
-   -   John Terry charged (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f128/john-terry-charged-60207.html)

groove 21-12-2011 13:29

John Terry charged

Groove is delighted to hear that John Terry is to be charged with a racial public order offence. Hope this repulsive man gets banned for life and is dropped from the England squad.

gynn 21-12-2011 14:33

Re: John Terry charged

...and presumably a similar charge will we winging its way to Luiz Suarez. Can't believe Liverpool have leapt to his defence. He admitted what he said and should be sacked.

jaysay 21-12-2011 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 957433)
...and presumably a similar charge will we winging its way to Luis Suarez. Can't believe Liverpool have leapt to his defence. He admitted what he said and should be sacked.

No he hasn't he's still fighting to clear his name, its funny really they have shown reruns of both the Suarez incident and the Terry incident in the terry vid his mouth was blanked out but it wasn't in the Suarez incident, that alone seems strange to me

gynn 21-12-2011 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 957466)
No he hasn't he's still fighting to clear his name,

He's admitted he used the Spanish word "negrito" and is claiming that in Uruguay it doesn't carry the stigma that the "n" word does in English.

A bit like an Englishman in Dubai having sex on the beach, then claiming when he's arrested that, in England, its allowed.

jaysay 21-12-2011 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 957470)
He's admitted he used the Spanish word "negrito" and is claiming that in Uruguay it doesn't carry the stigma that the "n" word does in English.

A bit like an Englishman in Dubai having sex on the beach, then claiming when he's arrested that, in England, its allowed.

I think if you were having sex on a beach in England your feet wouldn't touch,;)

gynn 22-12-2011 04:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 957472)
I think if you were having sex on a beach in England your feet wouldn't touch,;)

:):):)

Actually. there are some very important issues involved in the John Terry and Luis Suarez cases. Suarez, on his own admission, used a word that insulted a fellow player on the basis of the colour of his skin. It might be acceptable in Uruguay, but it is not here in the UK, and the FA have to act against him. They must be seen to have zero tolerance of racism, especially in the atmosphere created by the comments of that ridiculous little toad Blatter that racism doesn't exist in football. Liverpool may argue about the harshness of the punishment, but surely they should be supporting the FA's tough stance and undertaking to educate foreign players of the standards expected of anyone wearing the Liverpool badge. After all, we know of the world wide appeal of the Liverpool FC name, and that means supporters of ALL colours and races.

As for Terry, it is hard to find any excuses. He is fully aware of the multi cultural nature of football in the UK, and indeed was born and raised into a society that is stuggling to deal with it. So having been given the important responsibility of being England captain AND an important part of the Chelsea set up, for him to publicly use the language he allegedly did against Anton Ferdinand is nothing short of criminal. Hence the CPS charge.

Barrie Yates 22-12-2011 10:59

Quote:

A kiss or even holding hands with someone of the opposite sex can get you banged up in the Isamic states -mind you, holding hands with someone of the same sex is quite normal for Arabs:D

Mancie 22-12-2011 16:52

What the hell are Liverpool playing at with the Suarez affair?..the player admitted he called Evra a name regarding his colour more than once during the game, was found guilty and got the ban...I can understand them appealing against the ban but the statements being made by the club and Dalglish are ridiculous..they are aimed at dis-crediting the supposed victim .
Suarez t-shirts spark angry response - Football news | MSN Sport UK

jaysay 22-12-2011 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 957595)
A kiss or even holding hands with someone of the opposite sex can get you banged up in the Isamic states -mind you, holding hands with someone of the same sex is quite normal for Arabs:D

Thats why they want to come over here:D

Boeing Guy 23-12-2011 07:31

It is interesting to hear all the manc's here calling for justice, I wonder what thy would say if one of their own did something like this?
Just for measure I found this: BBC News - John Barnes blasts Luis Suarez 'witch hunt'

Greeny 23-12-2011 11:06

Once again there seems to be rules for one . Not long ago at the World Cup , Wayne Rooney gave a mouthful into the camera as reguards the English fans.OK this may not be racist but it was still very uncalled for and directed at thousands of fans , yet typical he gets away with it. John Terry is being used as a scape goat and that doesn't mean I condone what he has done.

Gordon Booth 23-12-2011 12:28

Quote:

Ours did!

cashman 23-12-2011 14:01

Thing is to me whilst aint condoning Terry or Suarez, seems a bit overkill to me, Suarez gets 8 game ban fer this, Yet Rooney got only 3 fer "Thuggery",reduced to a 2 game ban, i know which offence i regard as the worst.:rolleyes:

jaysay 23-12-2011 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 957848)
Thing is to me whilst aint condoning Terry or Suarez, seems a bit overkill to me, Suarez gets 8 game ban fer this, Yet Rooney got only 3 fer "Thuggery",reduced to a 2 game ban, i know which offence i regard as the worst.:rolleyes:

Ya but who's Rooneys manager:rolleyes:

Mancie 25-12-2011 23:30

Let's not beat about the bush (or the rain forest) Suarez is a dirty orrible scouse aztec poison dart monkey eating bastard..end of :D